• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"I almost peed my pants.. and fell out!" March 2015 TR

! Sken saw this whole thing and of course picked up on it right away. So I was not able to trick him!
Well boo! Its always a bummer when someone else spoils your fun.

I did convince him along with guy 1 to try it. We told him he had to try it as an initiation to Disney.
Oh well at least he helped convince him to try it.

And yells at the top of her lungs... " I ALMOST PEED MY PANTS... AND FELL OUT!!!"

Couldn't. Stop. Laughing. And not just us, but everyone around us!
Ah from the minds of Children! :rotfl:

The Rock went to the same high school as my wife and me. I didn't know him personally, but Kristin had some interaction with him.

Another friend of mine was in class with the Rock. On the first day, he was about to sit down next to the Rock. Apparently, the Rock was saving the seat for someone else. He communicated this to my friend by way of a wordless People's Eyebrow, and my friend found another seat :)

My wife actually likes Beverly. She and FlightlessDuck (a co-worker who is also a DISer) are the only two people we know who do. I can tolerate it, but it's basically non-alcoholic gin to me. We really wish there were merchandise at Club Cool for the non-American sodas. Or, at the very least, a Beverly slushie!

Our son tries to trick people with Beverly, and has pulled it off on occasion. I keep telling him you have to actually drink it yourself to really be able to do this.

Sounds like a great trip so far!

Sounds like an awesome day! Your pictures are so funny!! I loved your idea about sharing meals to save credits. I've never been on the dining plan - do they let you save up and use them however you want or are there limits? Like could you share all meals and then use more credits towards a special meal on the last day? I'm sure I could look up the rules...I just never thought hard about the DDP...Also I want that margarita!

Thanks! Yes, so on the plan, you get a certain number per day, but it's all in one bunch. So two people, nine nights, we had 18 snacks, 18 QS meals, and 18 TS meals. You can use them any time throughout your stay. So if we split breakfast and dinner, we would only each use one QS. Saving the snack credits came in real handy at the end of our trip! ;)

I think one day I will just spend the day walking around (or even just camping out) to Photopass Locations just to watch some of the poses that go on. That could be some great entertainment right there.

Next trip, Margarita is a goal. Never had one.

While it's not as much fun now, I do wonder if spoiling the Beverly on the DME video actually makes people want to try it just to see how bad it really is.

HA, clearly you have not seen real Alcohol sticker shock. Come to Canada. $44 for all that would be a bargain here, lol.

That would be so funny! People watching is by far one of the best things to do at Disney and it's free!

I would get the margarita again in a heat beat, I definitely recommend it!

It might. Luckily Sken didn't pay any attention to the DME video so I could have gotten him if it weren't for the other guy.

Yikes!! That's insane. Sken drivers a trailer for a beer company so he knows what the price is at cost so he always can tell when it's raised up too high!

Looks like a blast! I like the nachos at San angel, Mexico is our illuminations spot so we usually get them as a snack then. I agree that you have to make the most out of memory maker. That sucks that you got shot down for talking Mickey I want to meet him but have yet to do so. BTMRR is my favorite WDW mountain. Usually the person who doesn't want to get wet on splash mountain gets the wettest which is always a great moment.

The nachos were really good! Just way to much for one person.

I was so sad about Talking Mickey. I just hate that the kids were not into it. Being little is the time to be into it!!

HI Casey!!! Thanks for the invite! I am here. ::yes:: I am not caught up - but I did make it through Page 1. :thumbsup2

I love Disney day!!!! It's the best! Just all of the planning and preparing - finally it all comes together and magic is about to happen. The anticipation is the best part!

Sounds like you had a great trip, and arrived at your resort in a timely manner. We always have the same ME bus, but since we stay at FQ - we are 3rd dropped off.

Your first glimpse of the park sounds awesome! And it seems like you were able to get a lot accomplished.

Your room and location look awesome too. I've never stayed in a RR - but I'd love to some day... If I could ever break away from FQ. LOL

Looking forward to catching up on the rest of your TR as time permits - thanks again for the invite! :lovestruc

D~

Hi D!! Thanks for following along!

I stayed at FQ when I was younger, but I don't remember it. That whole area is so nice though, I would like to stay there again!

Great updates! The kids are so cute....that is such a fun age and how fun you get to get involved with introducing them to the Disney Mountains!

It was so fun to do things with them. They just get so excited about little things which is what Disney magic is all about! I love it!

Well boo! Its always a bummer when someone else spoils your fun.

Oh well at least he helped convince him to try it.

Ah from the minds of Children! :rotfl:

Kids really do say the darnedest things! It was so funny!

The Rock went to the same high school as my wife and me. I didn't know him personally, but Kristin had some interaction with him.

Another friend of mine was in class with the Rock. On the first day, he was about to sit down next to the Rock. Apparently, the Rock was saving the seat for someone else. He communicated this to my friend by way of a wordless People's Eyebrow, and my friend found another seat :)

My wife actually likes Beverly. She and FlightlessDuck (a co-worker who is also a DISer) are the only two people we know who do. I can tolerate it, but it's basically non-alcoholic gin to me. We really wish there were merchandise at Club Cool for the non-American sodas. Or, at the very least, a Beverly slushie!

Our son tries to trick people with Beverly, and has pulled it off on occasion. I keep telling him you have to actually drink it yourself to really be able to do this.

Sounds like a great trip so far!

That's so cool about the Rock! We saw Furious 7 this weekend and he is so good in that too! I'm pretty sure if he ever gave me the People's eyebrow in real life I would run and hide!

There were some people there who said they liked it too! Sken was so dumbfounded by that, so it was funny! So true that everyone has different preferences. It's not for me I can tell you that!

Sometimes you don't even have to trick the people, stand back and let me do it themselves! It does make for some good laughs!

Day Three- "Could this morning get any worse?"
Part One

This morning was the one that I was waiting for. What was supposed to be the most magical morning on our vacation. However, if you can't tell by the title of this day, Disney magic had failed me this morning and failed hard.
But I am getting ahead of myself. (Maybe it's because I wrote my notes for the day while I was still pissed but even just reading them made me upset again.)

We were up early again. We didn't need to grab breakfast this morning so we headed straight to the bus. This is what our plan was according to my PTR:

March 15: MK
Crystal Palace before park opening 8:05am
Anna and Elsa :yay::yay: 11:10-12:10
SDMT 12:20-1:20
Space Mt 1:55-2:55

When I made our ADRs the scheduled park opening time was 9 am. So an 8:05 time was prime and I was ecstatic! Well a week or two before we left, they extended the opening time to 8 am. I wasn't too worried because you can check in up to a half hour before your reservation so we were still making good time.

When we arrived at MK we entered all the way over to the left. There was a line forming in front of the little gift shop there and we all had pre-ropedrop ADRs. We got there around 7:30. The CM who was checking everyone in said we would be let in shortly. A crowd started to form for rope drop and people were filing in everywhere. The clock was ticking.... and we were still waiting. It was 7:45/7:50 and everyone who asked was told we would be let in any minute. 7:55 and the train was rolling in for the opening show. A different CM came up to the one who was checking people in and I heard them chatting. Seems "something happened" on Main Street and instead of informing anyone, they just kept us all aside.

I went from giddy to pissed off real quick. Not only was I not going to be let onto an empty Main Street which I had been DREAMING about, to get a nearly unobstructed picture of Sken and I in front of the Castle, but we were being strung along to believe it was still going to happen.

The opening show was going on, and people started to rush the front. The guy behind me dug his stroller into the back of my ankles. I was LIVID at this point. There was a young couple in front of us and the wife started to complain when I stepped forward. I tried to be nice while saying it, but I told her not to be mad at me because the guy behind me was pushing me into them. We were right at the bridge to get in, we had five minutes to get in and to CP and all my hopes for those unobstructed pictures were gone. It took all I had not to cry. As we were turning the corner, the same man slammed into my ankles AGAIN. Instead of crying, or yelling, I push my foot back and held his stroller so he couldn't move it. He walked right into it, and it went right into his belly. Serves him right, he was so many things that are not okay to write on the DIS.

After this was the mad dash up Main Street and over to Crystal Palace. On the way I stopped to get this one picture that would be the closet I would get to pictures that I was dreaming about.

We got to the check in window and I was maybe the third or fourth person back. Holding back tears I checked in and we were sat.

Would things get worse before they got better??

Oh nooooo!! I'm so sorry your day started off poorly!! I would be supremely pissed too - as hard as those ADR's are to come by...don't they know people who book those are serious about getting a head start?? Ugh...that is so not a good start to the day. That must have been really tough.

Part Two

We were sat over to the right. The waitress was nice and we went up to get our food before the characters came. I got back to the table before Sken. He was taking forever and the characters were getting close. He got back just in time, and he told me he dropped his toast and butter on the floor which is what took so long. Eeyore was the first character to come around, I got up to give him a hug, and Sken grabbed the camera.. and it didn't work. The battery had died and I had no idea. This was NOT looking good! I think he took a picture on his phone but I don't have it yet.

I decided to try to push though and use my phone to take the pictures. This was the food I got

Although things were looking so glum, the food was excellent. I did go back and get a Mickey waffle too (when I had to get more butter for Sken LOL). Before long Pooh was over to visit!

Not too far behind him was Piglet!

Okay so the food was good, the character interactions were good, the waitress was awesome. At this point I tried to turn my attitude around. I will still pissed but didn't want to ruin the day.

On top of not wanting to ruin anything.. my favorite character was on the way!

TIGGER SELFIE!!!

I was getting back on track to happy. We paid the bill and began to head out. I stopped to take a picture and our waitress had seen us struggling. I had told her about out morning and she felt terrible, so she came rushing over from across the restaurant to take this picture. I have to say this is one of my favorites of the whole trip!

We had some exciting stuff going on this day.. including a trip to Arendelle! So we headed towards Buzz to meet up with the family and try to hit the short wait times over there. Today was going to turn around, I was going to make it happen!!!

I was shot down real quick when AL said "O won't do that!!" and AT agreed that Kaden would rather ride something.

I know your pain...

Sken took this selfie of us all after we boarded the wildest train in the West!

LOVE THIS!

I could NOT stop laughing.

Umm neither could i....... don't tell him OK?

we ended up waiting just about an hour

whaaaaaaaaaaaa? holy cow! :scared1:

walked all over the damn planet.

:lmao: :lmao:

I went from giddy to pissed off real quick. Not only was I not going to be let onto an empty Main Street which I had been DREAMING about, to get a nearly unobstructed picture of Sken and I in front of the Castle, but we were being strung along to believe it was still going to happen.

Oh nooooooooo...... :sad: I would have been the same way....

He walked right into it, and it went right into his belly. Serves him right, he was so many things that are not okay to write on the DIS.

YAY! REVENGE!! get em girl!

I would get to pictures that I was dreaming about.

and they are beautiful.. too bad the dang light pole is there!

Would things get worse before they got better??

Good God i hope so.

The battery had died and I had no idea.

:scared1: in the morning and you have NO camera.. this is my nightmare..

Not too far behind him was Piglet!

How sweet just love him!!!

my favorite character was on the way!

AWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have to say this is one of my favorites of the whole trip!

I have to agree!!! look at you smiling too!!!

I was going to make it happen!!!

That's RIGHT!!! It will happen!

That sucks that your morning started out bad. Crystal palace I have only been to dinner for but breakfast certainly looks good as well. When we went Tigger was all into the selfies when we met him as well. Your waitress sounds great hope she helped turn your day around.

Aww Casey, I'm so sorry your morning started off so crumby. One thing is usually ok, but things can quickly compound. But more than anything, when you have your heart set on something like pre-park open for pictures and to have that dashed, it can impact a person more than it normally would.

It does sounds like things at least started to turn around during breakfast. The Pooh gang will do that.

Casey, I'm sorry I am so far behind. Between work and having an unbearable headache for seven days, I haven't been on the DIS.

Family! Sometimes you just have to go with the flow.

I love the photopass pictures at AK.

Great safari pictures. I don't think I've ever seen the leopard up and walking.

I can't believe you went on the Hurl!

Looks like a good time at Epcot. I hate when people leave their garbage...kids AND adults.

So glad Sken loved Soarin' and that you paid tribute to Robin Williams.

Cute animals in your room..

So good you got all three mountains done. I was :lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao: about Sken being wet from Splash Mountain.

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: O peed her pants and fell out. This is priceless.

I am so sorry about the awful situation of getting into the MK for your ADR. That is just not right. I would have written Disney when I got home personally.

But I'm glad the food and characters made up for it. And you saw OUR favorite...Tigger. And what a great picture taken by the CM.

Ugh to the guy with the stroller! I would have said something. For sure.

I had a bit of a worry yesterday when Disney released new hours. (Just when I thought it safe to call my plans final! :headache::faint:) Looks like I'm good though, but I know there are quite a few people bummed on the May trip Facebook page though.

Glad you were able to shake the stress though.

Oh nooooo!! I'm so sorry your day started off poorly!! I would be supremely pissed too - as hard as those ADR's are to come by...don't they know people who book those are serious about getting a head start?? Ugh...that is so not a good start to the day. That must have been really tough.

It was tough, but I did eventually get over it. We still had so much vacation ahead and I know we would be making different memories so I had to just focus on that. I have done it before it just would have been nice to try again. It's one more reason to go back!

LOVE this attitude. That is a big reason you had a great vacation!

Thanks! I try, LOL. No really though in the grand scheme of things, while it sucked, it wasn't the end of the world.

I know your pain...

LOVE THIS!

Umm neither could i....... don't tell him OK?

whaaaaaaaaaaaa? holy cow! :scared1:

:lmao: :lmao:

Oh nooooooooo...... :sad: I would have been the same way....

YAY! REVENGE!! get em girl!

and they are beautiful.. too bad the dang light pole is there!

Good God i hope so.

:scared1: in the morning and you have NO camera.. this is my nightmare..

How sweet just love him!!!

AWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have to agree!!! look at you smiling too!!!

That's RIGHT!!! It will happen!

Haha so much going on! I was very happy to see the Pooh characters and get hugs from them all! I wish I knew where my Eeyore pictures are.. I keep forgetting to ask Sken for them.

That sucks that your morning started out bad. Crystal palace I have only been to dinner for but breakfast certainly looks good as well. When we went Tigger was all into the selfies when we met him as well. Your waitress sounds great hope she helped turn your day around.

Crystal Palace for breakfast is really good. Aside from the let down that morning, we really did enjoy it. It's so pretty there in the morning when the sun is coming up too!

Aww Casey, I'm so sorry your morning started off so crumby. One thing is usually ok, but things can quickly compound. But more than anything, when you have your heart set on something like pre-park open for pictures and to have that dashed, it can impact a person more than it normally would.

It does sounds like things at least started to turn around during breakfast. The Pooh gang will do that.

It was crummy, but in the grand scheme of things, it wasn't a huge deal. I think I was just so upset that the CMs were there taking about it and instead of notifying us of what was going on, they kept saying "just a minute." On CM even said to the other under her breathe "These people are going to be really mad!" and the other CM didn't seem to care? If there was more communication I wouldn't have been so mad.

Casey, I'm sorry I am so far behind. Between work and having an unbearable headache for seven days, I haven't been on the DIS.

Family! Sometimes you just have to go with the flow.

I love the photopass pictures at AK.

Great safari pictures. I don't think I've ever seen the leopard up and walking.

I can't believe you went on the Hurl!

Looks like a good time at Epcot. I hate when people leave their garbage...kids AND adults.

So glad Sken loved Soarin' and that you paid tribute to Robin Williams.

Cute animals in your room..

So good you got all three mountains done. I was :lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao: about Sken being wet from Splash Mountain.

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: O peed her pants and fell out. This is priceless.

I am so sorry about the awful situation of getting into the MK for your ADR. That is just not right. I would have written Disney when I got home personally.

But I'm glad the food and characters made up for it. And you saw OUR favorite...Tigger. And what a great picture taken by the CM.

So sorry you have such a bad headache! Hope things turn around before you go back to Disney!

I hate when they leave trash too! There was one place where we had to leave it, I can't remember where, but they don't have trashes and they have to come get it to flip the tables, and we felt so bad just leaving!!

I knew Sken would love Soarin', I'm just glad he got to experience it in the front row for the first time! I did it that way too and it was unbelievable!

Kids are too damn funny! I still giggle thinking about it!

MK made me so upset, but it was nothing that couldn't be corrected by hugs from our favorite gang! I was going to write to them, or seek out a CM to talk to about it, but when I thought about it, there was nothing that they could do to make it better. Like I wanted to be in there before opening and that couldn't happen any other day due to our plans, so that wouldn't have helped. It's all the more reason to try to go back!

Ugh to the guy with the stroller! I would have said something. For sure.

I had a bit of a worry yesterday when Disney released new hours. (Just when I thought it safe to call my plans final! :headache::faint:) Looks like I'm good though, but I know there are quite a few people bummed on the May trip Facebook page though.

Glad you were able to shake the stress though.

I avoided saying anything because honestly I had nothing nice to say, and there were children around. I also didn't want to make a scene, and I was hungry so we went to breakfast. Things got much better though!

Part Three

So while were were eating, Dawn, AT, Myra and Kaden had come to MK for Rope Drop and they made the mad dash to the Mine Train. They knew this would most likely be the only way they could ride it, so they did while we were eating. They waited about 40 minutes but they enjoyed it! Remember how Sken taught Kaden to put his arms up??

We texted when we got done with breakfast and they were heading over to ride Buzz with a 5 minute wait. We headed over that way, stopping to take a PP.

When we got over to Buzz, we still had coffee left over from breakfast and the line was basically a walk on, so Dawn, AT, Myra and Kaden rode and then came back out to get us and we all went back on. For some reason the kids picture is missing again?? But here are the ride photos.

Sken's gun didn't work, so he was bummed, hence the pose!

Not so flattering!! But funny!

From there we decided on a ride in the sky over Tomorrowland!

While we were riding I took a peak at My Disney Experience. I noticed that Dawn, AT, and kids had FP+ for Space Mountain right after the Peoplemover. We had it for later in the day, so I looked if we could switch times and we were able to!! So I switched and we headed over there afterwards.

The night before when Kaden rode SM for the first time, Dawn had been upset because she wanted to go on it with him for the first time. This time she was able to! Notice the hands!!

These ones are funny for a few reasons! Kaden has his arms up, but not all the way! He remembered Sken saying not to put them up too high! Myra knew what side the camera was on, and still faced the other way! My sunburn was really starting to show! And Sken was taking a snapchat while we were going. Every time the lights strobed, he made a different face!! So that was a fun ride!

At this point, we had been in MK a few times and mostly stuck to Tomorrowland, so it was time to explore other areas. We headed over to Haunted Mansion, as Sken had never done it. He enjoyed the ride, and soon we were splitting ways because Myra had to go get ready for the second day of her competition. She actually was not supposed to be in the parks at all this morning! So we were hiding her a bit, oops!

Sken and I hit the Tinkle spot and then decided to walk around Fantasyland while waiting for our next FP. I wanted to go see Philharmagic, so we did. Sken liked it, he loved the Donald at the end! I just love that show, I AM one of the adults singing all the songs loudly!! From there it was time for our next FP!!!

So glad you were able to shake it off and not let the annoying CM's and the situation in the am wreck the day. Looks like a lot of fun was had after!! Is it just the picture - or does the sky look pretty grey and ominous there in your castle shot?? I love Buzz...too bad about the gun not working right...that's annoying! And a little feet up, Peoplemover shot...love that...takes me back...wishing I was there....

love the pictures!!! So cute he has his hands up... even if they are half up on space mountain!

Love your shoes too... People mover is one of our favorites!!!

Buzz is no fun without a gun! Some great photos tho. Peoplemover is a must do for us. That's one of the pros to MDE is being able to go on and switch a FP for a time you want.

Part Four

After we watched Philharmagic, it was time for a very special FP+. We walked right over to Princess Fairytale hall and scanned our MagicBands and walked right in to no line. Before long, we were led in and only one person was in the room in front of us. After no more than 5 minutes, I was face to face with what was most likely the best Princess interaction I had ever had!!

When I first walked over, she immediately asked me if I had seen Olaf and Kristoff because they were supposed to be bringing her a chocolate covered sandwich and they were no where to be found

We had a great little chat, and then it was time for the real pictures!

After chatting with Anna, we were off to meet the Queen! I had seen some Elsa's that were kind of scary looking, so I was happy to not have one of those! She didn't interact too much, but she wasn't terrible either. I think they want them to be reserved, but they need to do a little more I feel! She did pick on Sken for holding my purse during the pictures and told him to come on over and bring his Satchel! Hahahaha

When were leaving Elsa did say to Sken "Remember to take good care of your Princess!!" I thought that was really cute! (As a side note, when I got home and looked at my Memory Maker package online, these pictures were missing. I was bummed, so I called the help number and they found them very quickly and put them on my site, so that was awesome!!)

We looked around the gift shop a little, but didn't find anything. When we left the shop, they were doing the little ceremony where the kids and men try to pull the Sword out of the stone. We watched for a bit, it was cute. From there we headed over to New Fantasyland and with a short wait, decided to ride Under the Sea! I hadn't really had to wait for this before, so I liked the little games they have in the que waiting to ride!

Creepy Ariel! Lol.

After our ride Under the Sea, we headed over to Dumbo! It took a bit of convincing, but I got Sken to agree to ride! We even got this prestigious honor, to bring this card of red, written in blurrish, to the front of the line!!

I just love this whole area now! I love it better at night, but I would take it in the day too!

It was a lovely ride in everyone's favorite Elephant!

From there we went into the Big Top Souvenirs because I really wanted to check it all out. It was so cool in there and the cool air was a nice break from the heat. We were killing time before our next ride. Soon it was time and we were back to the Mine Train. This time we were sat in the second to last row, and let me tell you.. IT WAS AWESOME!! The last car gets pulled along so much faster then further up in the car. Please ignore Sken's phone, he was taking more videos!

After this awesome ride, we headed around the park and hit the Tinkle spot again, then continued on to Pirates and Jungle Cruise. From there we decided to head back to the hotel and relax. We had been going hard for a few days now and needed time to rest. That night Dawn, AT, and Kaden were going to watch Myra so we hit DTD and ate dinner at Splitsville. We were able to walk right in and sit down. We had some nice dinner and good drinks, and headed back to the hotel for early bed. Myra's team got third place! They did pretty good, and were happy with that. The rest this night was much needed!

Looks like it turned out to be a good day. I have not met Anna and Elsa but my sisters have and they adored them. I love the seven dwarfs mine train photo pass photos they are really good compared to some of the other ones.

What fun updates! I adore your PP pictures, and your pictures on Buzz and Space Mountain are so fun.

I'm glad you had a good interaction with Anna and Elsa (I still prefer them together).

Love the Little Mermaid ride and what a fun time you two had on Mine Ride.

And you got a few more rides in, a rest and an early dinner and a restful night. Sounds perfect (except for the mess of getting into the MK that morning).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter