• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"I almost peed my pants.. and fell out!" March 2015 TR

Looks like a really fun day!! It's tough when other people change the plan on you huh? You handled it really well and managed to be flexible though which is great!! I have to work on that lol.

I would be lying if I said it was all hunky dory! I am usually a go with the flow person when in Disney, but it did end up getting to Sken. The way we looked at it though was that AL, UP and O were only there for 2 days, and Dawn, AT, Myra and Kaden only there for a small part of the trip, and we had about a week after they all left to do what we wanted, so we decided to go with them for the short time we had.

Nice job rearranging your FP's to accommodate a visit to AK. Definitely one of the perks of FP+.

Ah boo. Only that one giraffe??? I want a refund, lol.

Oh yeah, FotLK is EPIC!!! It still amazes me that this show is only a part of Disney and not some separate ticket thing. It's that good.

WOW, you really nailed down quite a bit without FP. With the exception of Everest of course. :upsidedow

Also I think I actually took these pictures on day two, but they go with the room from day one, so I am putting them here!
Mmmm You tease with these pictures! I still have 29 days until I get to soak up those sights! :charac2:

Sken was really excited to be going on the safari and to see some animals! He had never seen them before!! :scared1: Yes that's right, he had never even been to the zoo before!
Well the Safari is a pretty good first exposure to animals then. :thumbsup2

Hi Casey!

Just catching up with your report so far. Do I remember you saying that you flew out of PVD? If so, I'm curious about where you parked - is it Preflight Parking? We usually park in garage C I think they call it. It's a little pricey so we were thinking about one of the lots with a shuttle. How did you like the parking?

The resort and your room look so beautiful! Sounds like you had a great night at Planet Hollywood. And I'm sure the drinks helped. ;)

I'm so impressed that you were able to coordinate all of those people on your trip. Can't wait to hear more. :goodvibes

Nice job rearranging your FP's to accommodate a visit to AK. Definitely one of the perks of FP+.

Ah boo. Only that one giraffe??? I want a refund, lol.

Oh yeah, FotLK is EPIC!!! It still amazes me that this show is only a part of Disney and not some separate ticket thing. It's that good.

WOW, you really nailed down quite a bit without FP. With the exception of Everest of course. :upsidedow

I would agree that it's a perk.

Haha I should have gotten a refund! On the second time around that one fellow was no where to be seen!

We made up for the missing of EE in a few days!

Mmmm You tease with these pictures! I still have 29 days until I get to soak up those sights! :charac2:

Well the Safari is a pretty good first exposure to animals then. :thumbsup2

29 days isn't so bad! I wish I had a going back date! LOL

Yes the safari was good for that. We did do better in a few days, but you'll have to stay tuned for that!

Hi Casey!

Just catching up with your report so far. Do I remember you saying that you flew out of PVD? If so, I'm curious about where you parked - is it Preflight Parking? We usually park in garage C I think they call it. It's a little pricey so we were thinking about one of the lots with a shuttle. How did you like the parking?

The resort and your room look so beautiful! Sounds like you had a great night at Planet Hollywood. And I'm sure the drinks helped. ;)

I'm so impressed that you were able to coordinate all of those people on your trip. Can't wait to hear more. :goodvibes

We did leave from PVD. We parked in lot E. There is a coupon online that gave us $10 per day/$60 a week instead of the normal $12 a day/ $80 a week. We let our car for 9 nights and paid $80. Not too shabby as Logan is twice that!They had a garage deal too if you want to stick to a garage! I just don't remember which one it is.

Loved seeing all the pictures! Thanks for sharing!

Thanks for joining along!

Hi Casey,
I'm all caught up. I'm new to the trip reports, but loving reading and learning. I was going to suggest a Disney wedding too, but can see with a large family it wouldn't work. What about a honeymoon? You were very flexible rearranging your fp. I'm impressed how you took it in stride. The resort looks beautiful! Can't wait for Epcot.
Lindsey

Nothing like family to change all of your plans on the fly! I was lucky on our big family trip, I had five "sheep" with me who just followed me everywhere. :rotfl:

I love that shot with Pumba, Timon and Simba! Was that a magic shot? I need to find that one next time if it was.

Beautiful pictures on the safari, well maybe except the elephant one. :scared1: They are pretty big animals so I guess all the parts are big! :rotfl2:

I know you were a little frustrated with the running around but double safari isn't all that bad of a start to the day. Of course if it had been my DH who can barely tolerate animal watching, it would have been an nightmare!

FOLK is one of my favorite things in all of WDW so I really enjoyed your pictures.

Beer at 10 am? :drinking1 Well it is WDW after all and most of the rules go out the window there. ::yes::

The Dinosaur ride photo is always good for a few laughs. The funniest to me though is Kaden. He just looks completely relaxed like the whole thing is no big deal.

another update without a NOTIFICATION!!! :mad: Who do i complain to about this? :sad2: Grumble...

So nothing like ALL your plans being changed! But glad you still had a good time! the family pictures are really adorable. :love:

I love your location at FQ! HOW BEAUTIFUL!!!

So you scared the bejesus out of poor sken! Funny and naughty all at the same time!!! love it!

I hope Myra did well?

I need to figure out what is going on with these notifications! I'll be back!

Your POR pics are making me super "home"sick!!

Also... Sken's never been to the zoo!! I can't believe that. But now I can't imagine he'd ever want to just go to the plain, old, boring zoo now that he's experienced AK! Nothing will compare. He's ruined for life! :rotfl:

Hi Casey,
I'm all caught up. I'm new to the trip reports, but loving reading and learning. I was going to suggest a Disney wedding too, but can see with a large family it wouldn't work. What about a honeymoon? You were very flexible rearranging your fp. I'm impressed how you took it in stride. The resort looks beautiful! Can't wait for Epcot.
Lindsey

Thanks for following along and welcome! I thought about doing a Disneymoon too but Sken is set on going somewhere tropical so I can deal with that. I actually got DVC info and he said we could consider it later in life so I think that is where I will bring it all together!

Hoping to do the EPCOT update today!

Nothing like family to change all of your plans on the fly! I was lucky on our big family trip, I had five "sheep" with me who just followed me everywhere. :rotfl:

I love that shot with Pumba, Timon and Simba! Was that a magic shot? I need to find that one next time if it was.

Beautiful pictures on the safari, well maybe except the elephant one. :scared1: They are pretty big animals so I guess all the parts are big! :rotfl2:

I know you were a little frustrated with the running around but double safari isn't all that bad of a start to the day. Of course if it had been my DH who can barely tolerate animal watching, it would have been an nightmare!

FOLK is one of my favorite things in all of WDW so I really enjoyed your pictures.

Beer at 10 am? :drinking1 Well it is WDW after all and most of the rules go out the window there. ::yes::

The Dinosaur ride photo is always good for a few laughs. The funniest to me though is Kaden. He just looks completely relaxed like the whole thing is no big deal.

Thankfully this was the only day that it really happened, but more on that later.

Yes it was a magic shot! I hadn't seen it before but I was so glad he did it!

Haha thanks! I couldn't resist posting it. I'm actually following another TR that was a week or two before mine and she had the same elephant picture! Must be mating season? LOL:rotfl:

I didn't mind double safari, but Sken was a bit disappointed. He thought they would be closer I guess? I'm not what he was expecting. I think it went too fast for him too.

another update without a NOTIFICATION!!! :mad: Who do i complain to about this? :sad2: Grumble...

So nothing like ALL your plans being changed! But glad you still had a good time! the family pictures are really adorable. :love:

I love your location at FQ! HOW BEAUTIFUL!!!

So you scared the bejesus out of poor sken! Funny and naughty all at the same time!!! love it!

I hope Myra did well?

I need to figure out what is going on with these notifications! I'll be back!

Why doesn't your DIS like me???:sad:

The location was pretty awesome. I wish I got night pictures because that fountain lit up all different colors and it was so pretty.

Scaring him was just payback for taking me onto the sidewalk and not seeing the castle!

Did she do well?? You will have to wait to see!!

Your POR pics are making me super "home"sick!!

Also... Sken's never been to the zoo!! I can't believe that. But now I can't imagine he'd ever want to just go to the plain, old, boring zoo now that he's experienced AK! Nothing will compare. He's ruined for life! :rotfl:

I know, I couldn't believe it either! He wanted to get real close to the animals and we can do that around here so he might not mind the zoo. We will see.

Day Two- "I almost peed my pants... and fell out!"
Part Three- EPCOT

This next part might be a bit word heavy with just a few pictures, but I will try my best to put in as much as I can!

I left off with us leaving AK and heading over to EPCOT to do our FP+ that we originally scheduled for the day. I think I said that we moved the FP around, but to be honest I don't think we did for this day. We did have one that we HAD to do, and we did, but I'm getting ahead of myself so let's back up a bit.

Right when we got into EPCOT we had to get a PP picture. I was bound and determined to get the most of my MM package!

http://s40.photobucket.com/user/cdechristopher/media/Disney 2015/EPCOT_ECENTR1_7222398556.jpeg.html
http://s40.photobucket.com/user/cdechristopher/media/Disney 2015/EPCOT_ECENTR1_7222398556.jpeg.html

We walked through Future World and headed right to the World Showcase. We were looking for food and on the way had decided to eat in Mexico. Along the way we saw this PP shot with Anna and Elsa topiaries!

We stopped into La Cantina de San Angel. It was pretty packed and sort of hard to get a table. We ended up lucking out and getting a table right next to the Lagoon. I got nachos and Sken got tacos but we shared everything. Although we had the DDP we decided that we would be able to split meals and save some credits for other meals.

I had an extremely tasty mango margarita!

We also had our first encounter with annoying cheerleaders. Now, I say this tongue in cheek because I have brought cheerleaders to Disney before. However these young girls were away from their parents and left to go see their parents, leaving their trash all over the table. Since the parents were there and watched this all go down, I fully blame the parents. The birds enjoyed this though!

You can see the angry CM rushing over to shoo away the bird and clean the mess.

After our nice little relaxing lunch, we decided to head into the Mexico pavilion and cool off. We had just come from 20 degree weather and this day was pushing 95 so we were HOT! We looked around and rode the Three Caliberas. I didn't take any pictures and were were soon heading back over to our FP.

One the way I decided to try some trickery on Sken and we headed into Club Cool. We tried a few and I was in the process of lining up Beverly. I even had my phone on video and holding it up in a sneaky matter. Then these two guys and a girl come in. Guy 1 takes an empty cup and pretends to down it and hands a cup filled with Beverly to guy 2. Guy 2 was NOT a fan!!! Sken saw this whole thing and of course picked up on it right away. So I was not able to trick him! I did convince him along with guy 1 to try it. We told him he had to try it as an initiation to Disney. After this little encounter, we spent some time walking around and watching people try it and had a few good laughs!

We decided we should get going to our FP so we headed towards the Land. The FP line wasn't too bad, and soon we were getting read to board our aircraft for flight. When we got to the loading zone they tried to put us into the third row of the middle section. I asked the CM if we could go front row so she sent us down to the third loading area. We ended up being the last two people in the front row! Talk about awesome luck!

Sken absolutely loved Soarin'!! He wanted to go on it again right after but the line was about 90 minutes so we passed. We decided that we would try again later in the week. Since we were already in the Land we checked the time for Livin' with the Land and the wait was about 15-20 so we waited. Sken told me at this point that he really liked boat rides. After our nice little ride thought the land we decided to head back out. I wanted to try to ride Journey into Imagination so we head that way.

The wait was short so on we went. We stopped and paid homage to Robin.

After we played around with our imaginations we decided that we would head out and back to the hotel. But before heading out we decided to go to Mouse Gears and look for a water bottle. We had been going through water like crazy so Sken wanted to get a water bottle to keep in our bag. One the way to Mouse Gears we stopped for more PP.

I really needed sunglasses at the point, but I didn't use them LOL. The sun did give us something to laugh about though! Our pictures came out looking like this due to me not being able to see.

WWE is big in our house and I ended up giving my best "People's Eyebrow"

the-rock-eyebrow.jpg

We had a good laugh over that when we got home and saw our PP!!

We got the bottle from Mouse Gears (I will put all the souvenir pictures at the end) and headed out to the buses to head back to the Resort. On the way back to the room Sken saw one of the bellhops loading a case of beer onto a cart. The night before Sken had bought some alcohol at the gift shop, however he had major sticker shock! A six pack of Bud Light, two large waters, and a liter of Captain was $44. The guy said it came from Garden Grocer so when we got back to the room Sken looked it up.

We ended up placing an order with Garden Grocer that would be delivered a few days later when we were at US. We got a 12 pack of Bud Light, a case of water, breakfast snack bars, and a six pack of beer that they don't sell up near us that Sken wanted to take home. With taxes and delivery it ended up being just under $50. We would take it!

We were also greeted with this guy when we got back!

We just relaxed and hung out for about an hour before my aunt texted with their plans for the night. Soon we were changed and heading back to the park.. but which park would we head to??

Why doesn't your DIS like me???:sad:

Problem fixed!

The location was pretty awesome. I wish I got night pictures because that fountain lit up all different colors and it was so pretty.

Ohh. it really is.. Ok well you just need to go back.

Scaring him was just payback for taking me onto the sidewalk and not seeing the castle!

Good Girl!!!!

Did she do well?? You will have to wait to see!!

Nonsense. I am here now....

Soon we were changed and heading back to the park.. but which park would we head to??

What?!?!? Who do you think you are?!?!?! Me?!?!? Only i can do this!!!! ROTTEN I SAY!

:rotfl:

Day Two- "I almost peed me pants... and fell out!"
Part 4- Trip title revealed!

While we were in the room relaxing, AL texted that her, UP, O, AT and Kaden were at their hotel and had just gotten out of the pool. O was napping and Kaden refused to but they were thinking of going to MK for the night. So we got ready and took the bus over to MK. They were getting close so we waited for them near Town Square. I noticed that the wait for talking Mickey was only about 20 minutes, so I wanted to do that when they got there. I was shot down real quick when AL said "O won't do that!!" and AT agreed that Kaden would rather ride something.

So after looking at the wait times and seeing that everything was basically 40 minutes or more, we let the kids decide and we headed over to Thunder Mountain. The line was long, more than 40 mins, but we waited. In line Kaden had a meltdown because he wanted to sit next to O and they couldn't sit together alone. This was made worse by his lack of nap and just plain being tired. When we finally got up to the front, the CM had the two kids together with an adult in the front row. So Sken sat with the two kids, which made them both very happy! Behind him was AT and Uncle P, and Auntie L and I behind them. Sken took this selfie of us all after we boarded the wildest train in the West!

While riding Sken told the kids to put their arms up! Kaden did but O held on for dear life. I really wish TM had a ride photo! I wonder why they don't do this??

After that ride, we decided to ride Splash as the wait was about 25 minutes. AL and AT decided to sit this one out. I basically had to DRAG Sken on. He did not want to get wet. To the point where we were bickering almost the whole ride. It was time for the big drop, and Kaden loved the arms up thing as you can see! (Photo proof as promised!)

I just love Kaden in this picture! Sken's arm is blocking UP and the guy in front of me is blocking my face, but you can see Kaden clear as day loving this ride!

When we got to the bottom I said "See you don't get that wet!" and turned to Sken. HE WAS DRIPPING! He got the wettest out of the whole boat. I could NOT stop laughing. The whole boat was laughing. He hated it but it was funny later in the week! LOL.

From there we were all getting hungry, and the kids were dying to finish the mountain trifecta. So we headed to Tomorrowland to get some food. We stopped at Cosmic Rays and enjoyed some chicken and burgers. While we were eating AT got a text from Dawn that Myra's team did okay, but not their best. It was a two day competition so they had the next day to try again to do better.

After we finished the kids were DYING to get onto Space Mountain. Neither of them had ridden before, because they didn't meet the height, but they were READY! Sken and I were the only two who would bring them and the posted wait was 20 minutes so we were off.

Turns out that the wait was only reading 20 because the ride had been down and just came back up again. Well due to all the people who missed their FP with the ride being down, we ended up waiting just about an hour. During out wait we were trying to figure out how to sit. It was the first time for the two kids, and we had no idea if they would get scared or not. We wanted to sit behind them to have our arms over their shoulders but due to the ride being three and three we couldn't. If we did only one would get their shoulders held and we couldn't do that.

Kaden wanted to sit front, but once it was time to get in he changed his mind, so it went Sken, Kaden, O, and me. Sken can't put his arms up on SM because he is so tall so he said something to Kaden so they both had their arms down.

So we looked at the ride photos and I could see the nervousness in their faces. So We pulled them aside and said "So what do you think??" It was silent for a moment and then they both yelled "It was awesome!!!"

Then O stands like this but with more bent knees

stock-photo-excited-boy-with-arms-up-isolated-over-a-white-background-47519980.jpg

And yells at the top of her lungs... " I ALMOST PEED MY PANTS... AND FELL OUT!!!"

Couldn't. Stop. Laughing. And not just us, but everyone around us!

We called it a night after that. We were all so tired. On the way back to the buses we said our final goodbye's to Auntie L, Uncle P and O. They were heading home the next day so we wouldn't see them any more.

When we got back to the room we crashed hard. If it wasn't enough that we were going strong from 6 am until midnight, we also walked all over the damn planet.

Our feet and legs were killing, we barely had any sleep, and we had to be up early again the next day because we had a before park opening ADR that I was MOST looking forward too. Would we make it? Could it be the most magical thing ever?

You'll have to wait to find out! Haha!

Sounds like an awesome day! Your pictures are so funny!! I loved your idea about sharing meals to save credits. I've never been on the dining plan - do they let you save up and use them however you want or are there limits? Like could you share all meals and then use more credits towards a special meal on the last day? I'm sure I could look up the rules...I just never thought hard about the DDP...Also I want that margarita!

I think one day I will just spend the day walking around (or even just camping out) to Photopass Locations just to watch some of the poses that go on. That could be some great entertainment right there.

Next trip, Margarita is a goal. Never had one.

While it's not as much fun now, I do wonder if spoiling the Beverly on the DME video actually makes people want to try it just to see how bad it really is.

HA, clearly you have not seen real Alcohol sticker shock. Come to Canada. $44 for all that would be a bargain here, lol.

Looks like a blast! I like the nachos at San angel, Mexico is our illuminations spot so we usually get them as a snack then. I agree that you have to make the most out of memory maker. That sucks that you got shot down for talking Mickey I want to meet him but have yet to do so. BTMRR is my favorite WDW mountain. Usually the person who doesn't want to get wet on splash mountain gets the wettest which is always a great moment.

HI Casey!!! Thanks for the invite! I am here. ::yes:: I am not caught up - but I did make it through Page 1. :thumbsup2

I love Disney day!!!! It's the best! Just all of the planning and preparing - finally it all comes together and magic is about to happen. The anticipation is the best part!

Sounds like you had a great trip, and arrived at your resort in a timely manner. We always have the same ME bus, but since we stay at FQ - we are 3rd dropped off.

Your first glimpse of the park sounds awesome! And it seems like you were able to get a lot accomplished.

Your room and location look awesome too. I've never stayed in a RR - but I'd love to some day... If I could ever break away from FQ. LOL

Looking forward to catching up on the rest of your TR as time permits - thanks again for the invite! :lovestruc

D~

Great updates! The kids are so cute....that is such a fun age and how fun you get to get involved with introducing them to the Disney Mountains!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter