Hyatt Grand Cypress, JW Marriott, or Hilton Orlando?

katie111

DIS Veteran
Which hotel would you pick for a couples weekend? We are not planning on doing the parks, just eating and relaxing and doing some on-site activities. Maybe an evening at Universal or Disney Springs. Would like some other dining options nearby.

JW- $280 but we could book on points
Hyatt- $175
Hilton- $125

Hilton is the one on Destination Parkway. Any opinions on which has the best service, rooms, activities, pools, etc?

I haven't stayed at the other two but have been to the Hyatt Grand Cypress twice and loved it. We did Club level once and it was great - lots of delicious offerings. Their onsite restaurant Hemingways had really good steaks.

I like that it has an all includive feel. You pay something like $20/room resort fee and that covers ALL the activities on the resort. Canoeing, paddleboarding, kayaking, aquabikes, etc. (I canoe a lot but was interested in trying kayaking and paddleboarding so this was awesome for me). They also have rockclimbing, beach volleyball, and very good tennis courts. Oh and free bikes, including surrey bikes. If you like golf, there is a pitch and putt golf course and a driving range also included. The pool is fabulous and huge. The onsite gym is also pretty good (although I was NOT happy there were no showers there or at the pool as I hit the gym after checkout).

Mind you, I was there with kids and enjoy places with a LOT of things to do (especially active, outdoorsy things) and love when things are included. My last stay there was on points and they waived my resort fee, which was very nice.

Service and room was nice - but I honestly rarely notice much of a difference in service between a cheap value hotel and a nice place. Just not really important to me I guess. The hotel grounds were very nice - large though with lots of walking (which I like). I enjoyed the lush, nicely landscaped grounds. DH and I went for a stroll one night and even found a secluded courtyard covered in fairy lights. Loved it.

We also loved Hyatt Grand Cypress (Club Level) and can't wait to stay again. :goodvibes

I don't know about the other two.

We've stayed twice at that Hilton. Really enjoyed the lazy river and they have tasty Gelato at the little shop next to the convention center entrance. I'm a diamond hhonors member so we got a significant room upgrade and lounge access with a pretty good free breakfast.

Also check out Marriott Grande Vista...beautiful Resort with multiple pools, bar/restaurants and right on gold course within easy drive to Parks, etc..

Their AAA rates are usually very good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter