Hurry Up, You Brats, or I'm Telling Mickey Mouse! An August 2013 TR THE END 1/18

Thanks for the tip about the pins. I will check the resort for sure for pin boards.

:thumbsup2

In July, will you be trading your American Dream slush for the Grey Goose Lemon slush with your mother??

THANK GOD WE SAW MEXICO DONALD! I thought it was over - you were toast. But you can always rally at WDW.

Love the SE pictures. Hope that doesn't sound weird since I took the pics? Kylie looks like she's straight out of a High School Musical movie. That is one of the best pictures I ever got.

I love the FP pins. They will be collector's items soon, along with the Mickey in the yellow poncho pin. "Go for Lunch" is still my favorite though.

BTW, you rock the sparkly rodent ears much better than I do.

YESSSS. #drinkingaroundtheworld

I always do. But characters definitely help. He was such a sweetheart.

Nope, not weird at all! That picture of Kylie came out AWESOME.

I know, I'm especially glad I have all those pins now that legacy FPs are phased out. They'll be good to hold on to.

Aww, thank you!! :cutie:

Chapter Forty-One: Kona Café

Today was our last day, so we packed up and checked out of the hotel. WAHHHHHH DON’T MAKE ME LEAVE.

9611596698_0074a9db9f.jpg

But I was beyond excited because we were having breakfast at Kona Café! I had never been, but after hearing about Tonga Toast I knew I had to try some!

We drove to the TTC and took the monorail to the Poly.

9611596666_27727720de_c.jpg

We checked in and were seated pretty quickly.

I ordered the Lilikoi juice, which was amazing! I’m a huge juice person and this was so sweet and delightful. I have also recently discovered that my school has this juice in our cafeteria! WHAAAAT. I drink it all the time and it helps with my homesickness from the Polynesian.

9607859751_6111e00e83_c.jpg

Kylie got her mega berry smoothie again, which she loved.

9611093446_f4a0d6224a_c.jpg

9616630282_c2f82e5b2d_c.jpg

I, of course, ordered the Tonga Toast.

9616638318_5db4c69915_c.jpg

I have concluded something about this meal…

9611093106_60135dd480_c.jpg

IT IS CHURRO FRENCH TOAST.

9611092626_bc6f997995_c.jpg

The outside tastes EXACTLY like a churro! It’s PHENOMENAL OH MY GOSH. And the bananas are a perfect touch!

9607856515_c7d2253ec5_c.jpg

I could have eaten the whole thing, but my mom was worried I would get sick, so I held off.

The syrup and compote that came with it:

9611090838_bff953646c_c.jpg

Kylie got plain French toast and liked it a lot.

9611092088_4d05eaede3_c.jpg

My dad got eggs and grits, which he also liked.

9611091612_1360eb5365_c.jpg

My mom wasn’t super hungry, so she got a bagel. She said she wished she had just gotten a pastry from outside the restaurant, so that may be a good option if you’re not a breakfast person!

9607857233_0308d8ab40_c.jpg

Basically, I was the only person who loved loved loved Kona. Nothing against the restaurant, I’m just the only one who’s a huge breakfast person. It may be a brunch option in the future…or I’ll just go by myself and no one will stop me from eating all my Tonga Toast! MUAHAHAHA.

LOVE YOU KONA.

9613402027_57194fffb5_c.jpg

We took some pictures while waiting for the monorail.

9613401459_6456370fff_c.jpg

9613401135_4f95625cc9_c.jpg

Continued in next post

Very appropriate last day photo there Courtney. So sad. I totally feel your pain.

OK, I'm a stupid head, but I just noticed your Dad's shirt. OMG I love it. Father/Daughter Trip with all the Disney Father/Daughters. So precious. :cool1:

Thanks for the fun read! I love your dad's shirt! It was sad reading the end of this report so please, please, please start the next one! :sad:

I'm leaving for Disney in 1 week and I can't wait! I hope we have as much fun as you all did!:thumbsup2

Last Day In Disney Blues. :sad::sad::sad:

But breakfast looks OMG AMAZING!! The Tonga Toast looks soooooo good. Never had it, but I feel like it's something I would have and then crave forever and ever. :thumbsup2 Everything else looks good too!

I could not believe how big that Tonga Toast was. It was just too early for me to eat that much. Or maybe I was just depressed cuz it was the last day. Heading over there around 10:30 for the last breakfast seating may be a good option.

Thanks for the comments on Keith's shirt. I made them for Keith and Courtney when they went on their father/daughter trip in January.

I can't believe it is the last day!!!

Very appropriate last day photo there Courtney. So sad. I totally feel your pain.

OK, I'm a stupid head, but I just noticed your Dad's shirt. OMG I love it. Father/Daughter Trip with all the Disney Father/Daughters. So precious. :cool1:

It's the worst! At least I didn't have to face the Tragical Express, but still.

Haha thank you! My dad and I took a father-daughter trip January 2013, and my mom made those for us. They were a big hit!!

Thanks for the fun read! I love your dad's shirt! It was sad reading the end of this report so please, please, please start the next one! :sad:

I'm leaving for Disney in 1 week and I can't wait! I hope we have as much fun as you all did!:thumbsup2

Thank you so much! My new TR is linked in my signature, and I'll be back in the World in July :) I hope you have a BLAST on your trip!!!

Great update! :)

Thank you! :)

Last Day In Disney Blues. :sad::sad::sad:

But breakfast looks OMG AMAZING!! The Tonga Toast looks soooooo good. Never had it, but I feel like it's something I would have and then crave forever and ever. :thumbsup2 Everything else looks good too!

It was such a bummer :(

It was really amazing!!! They have it at the Poly's quick service, so I may have to get over there one morning next trip, because it was just so good.

I could not believe how big that Tonga Toast was. It was just too early for me to eat that much. Or maybe I was just depressed cuz it was the last day. Heading over there around 10:30 for the last breakfast seating may be a good option.

Thanks for the comments on Keith's shirt. I made them for Keith and Courtney when they went on their father/daughter trip in January.

I can't believe it is the last day!!!

Yeah, last day of Disney depression is the worst :(

Those were such great shirts! The CMs loved them.

I know, and the TR is just about over...

Chapter Forty-Two: The Most Magical Place on Earth Is Here

After breakfast, we got on the monorail back to MK. Kylie and Dad went to check out the teacups. I get sick on the teacups and had just stuffed myself with Tonga Toast, so Mom and I went to Uptown Jewelers.

We finally found the PERFECT Dooney bags. I got this crossbody. I love it because it has the WDW logo, the Sorcerer hat (haters gonna hate), and Spaceship Earth on the front, and Mickey, Splash Mountain, and Dumbo on the back!

9611080560_0c335e39ec_c.jpg

9607844971_7e6cc8fcbb_c.jpg

My mom got this one. I love the carousel horse and the castle!

9607843381_e4837d9d24_c.jpg

9607841699_a5a71b8602_c.jpg

My mom also got a crown charm for her Chamilia bracelet! I didn’t really see any I liked on this trip, BUT they have since released Belle’s rose and Ariel’s seashell, so future purchases may be coming.

More castle pics:

9611089896_2d5e3bef7e_c.jpg

9607855911_692c0dacc5_c.jpg

We met back up with Dad and Kylie and we finally rode Winnie the Pooh!

The guy in front of us discovered that if you rub the honey in the queue in just the right place, a picture of Pooh appears! I never knew that.

We stopped by the Rapunzel bathrooms:

9613400743_5d0757e2ed_c.jpg

9616636626_f8ce307db6_c.jpg

Then, we went back to Big Thunder. Yes, I rode my least favorite mountain four times this trip. It was always fun though. I always worry I’m going to hit my head at some point, which is totally irrational because I’m really short.

My sister is the cutest.

9616636258_d88c2e5f6a_c.jpg

We took some castle pics:

9613399361_4acf6afbbe_c.jpg

9616635278_995d453f3f_c.jpg

9616635032_fd0bf8dd18_c.jpg

9613398555_e0e90cf2bd_c.jpg

Okay, readers, this is where I fail you. It was the last day, so my trip reporting skills weren’t entirely on point. I literally have no idea where I was for the next series of pictures. Mom and I are trying to brainstorm and we just have no idea. But anyways, I was…somewhere? We'll say I was hiding so my family wouldn't make me come home. Seems reasonable.

Meanwhile, Kylie did her traditional wish in the wishing well. She made her wish, tossed the coin in the well…

9613398289_12c8f8d620_c.jpg

And then got splashed in the face with water.

9616634190_0ceab67296_c.jpg

I wasn’t there for this, but the pictures depict it so well that it’s like I was there.

Continued in next post

Chapter Forty-Three: See Ya Real Soon

Then we went to Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin! BUZZ, WHERE'S YOUR FACE?!

9611088236_8881fb4aeb_c.jpg

My trigger was broken, but we still had fun. My mom won by a landslide, scoring over 400,000 points.

Then, we got back on the PeopleMover. It’s just always the right choice. If you don’t know what to do, if you’re tired, if you just need to get on a ride, GO ON THE PEOPLEMOVER.

I was in dire need of some LeFou’s Brew before we left, so we went to Gaston’s. I also got a chocolate croissant because I hadn’t yet had one this trip and I just love them! When we stay on property I eat either a chocolate croissant or a Mickey waffle for breakfast every day. It’s the only way to go.

9611086374_cb69a35a88_c.jpg

Everyone else split a cinnamon bun.

9607851045_8c1253becc_c.jpg

I also posed for some pictures in the biggest chair around:

9613397673_719a38eaf7_c.jpg

The sign for Princess Fairytale Hall had just gone up that week!

9613397369_64f0abdd3a_c.jpg

For our last ride, we got on the carousel. It was lovely and the perfect opportunity to model.

9613397063_13971d82ec_c.jpg

9616632928_80c39c29e6_c.jpg

9613396411_50f112088b_c.jpg

9613396045_44416dc649_c.jpg

9613395703_ee8d3ae381_c.jpg

9616631546_f4427058ea_c.jpg

9613395101_8c3d883932_c.jpg

I'm not sure why Disney hasn't called us to do commercials for them yet. I expect the call will be coming any day now. They don't even have to pay me. Just annual passes for life, DVC membership, and access to the Cinderella Castle Dream Suite. Pretty good deal, if you ask me!

Then, we went to the Emporium and the Confectionary to pick up some last minute gifts.

One day, I will eat one of these.

9611083266_5b1c4f06eb_c.jpg

I picked up a slightly smaller snack to ease the post-Disney depression that would soon be coming:

9608362371_66b35dd51c_c.jpg

9608362201_3a815c2243_c.jpg

I’m not sure if I could ever eat Pluto, though. He’s too cute.

9611082012_e526acded3_c.jpg

We eventually had to say goodbye to our beautiful kingdom.

9613394751_f42b1eae6e_c.jpg

Then Mom reminded us that we'd be back in three months!

9616629996_aa504e6828_c.jpg

Then we took the monorail for the last time, and I wasn’t happy about it.

9608362685_8b0a07df71.jpg

I snapped some pictures of my beloved Poly:

9611596476_704f686031_c.jpg

9608362541_6a7b82e48a_c.jpg

We got in our car and drove to MCO. Before we went through security, we looked around in the Universal and Disney stores. The Universal store had some very cute Despicable Me stuff!

Our flight home was brutal. There were multiple screaming babies, one who was right behind me and kicking my chair! I felt bad because his ears probably hurt and his mom didn’t give him any toys or anything to do. It was tough.

We got off the plane and drove home. After an absolutely exhausting, but totally amazing trip, I needed to sleep for days!

This was truly an incredible trip for my family. Although it was chaotic at times and I was exhausted, I got to see and do so much that I have absolutely no complaints about how the trip went. I ate such good food, had some of the best character meets ever, swam with a dolphin, and hung out with some penguins. It was one of my absolute favorite trips to date.

I am so, so glad I started trip reporting this trip. Going to Disney as much as I do, the trips start to blend together and it's easy to forget what happened when. Being able to record it has been a gift and I can't wait to share the memories with my kids one day.

That being said, I want to thank each and every one of you who has read this report. I really wasn't expecting anything when I joined the DIS, so the love and support I have found here has exceeded my expectations beyond belief. I have loved doing this trip report so much because of all the wonderful people I've "met." I am so grateful for all of your kind words and I have loved hearing about your Disney experiences. Even if you're just a lurker, know that I would freak out whenever I'd hit another thousand views, and I am so glad that you joined in!

Thank you all for being your superfly fantastic selves. If you've enjoyed this trip report, please consider heading over to my Thanksgiving TR:

Follow Me! I Will Lead Us Into Battle!

And I'll be back in July with the Kylie's Sweet 16 TR. That's going to be a BIG one.

Have a magical day, gang, and I'll see ya real soon!

Love, Courtney

We have the jungle juice at UConn too! I realize that totally sounds like something else when I call it that, but that's what they called it at Tusker House! :rotfl: I love that stuff! :goodvibes

Your dad makes the carousel look like an E-ticket ride and I love it! :rotfl2:

Overall, I totally enjoyed reading your TR! You can most certainly count me in for your future trips! pixiedust:

Do you mean those big walls with the "virtual" hunny at Winnie the Pooh? OMG me and Riley did every one of them and almost missed riding because the park was closing, lol.

Still loving your dad's shirt.

Bahaha, well that's what happens when you wish to get splashed in the face with water Kylie. Next time pick a different wish.

Yup, I still can't get a picture of Buzz's face either.

OK, so I adore that you went on the carousel on your last day (Walt would have liked that), but I super double dog adore that your dad went on the carousel (Walt would have LOVED that).

I have to say that knowing you'll be back in just 3 months has to take the sting out of departure day a little. But just a little.

Aww Courtney, what a lovely wrap up. Thank you for sharing this trip and for giving us all a little less withdrawal by having the other one still ongoing until the ginormous (makes me think of Elf) July Sweet 16 trip. :goodvibes

Oh no! The End! I better get the scrapbook finished.

I love that you guys can still have so much fun even on the carousel. And I appreciate all your poses for my scrapbooking.

I need a Gaston cinnamon bun and a rice krispie treat. NOW. Especially since you are leaving me tomorrow to go back to school. :sad1:

Thanks for introducing me to this side of the DIS. It was getting pretty discouraging on some other forums. I have totally enjoyed reading your trip report and those of your new DIS friends. You did a great job.

Great trip Courtney!

I love Kona Café. We have always had great food and wonderful service. Magic Kingdom was a great choice to end the trip.

That sounds like a very brutal flight home! Doesn't help that you are leaving Disney either. If it had been the trip down, it would probably not be memorable at all!

We are heading out in 11 days! Be sure to follow along with my next adventure!

What a great wrap to your wonderful TR Courtney! Was this really your first TR? I'm thinking so.... It seems like you've been around the DisBoard community forever at this point since your reports are so well written.

For me, as someone who has read your report, I will always think of your TR title when I eat at 50's PT Café and will look for your hilarious server. Your celebrity status for the Stunt Show will not soon be forgotten either. :)

Like you, I'm not a huge fan of school bread but ask me if I want to eat at Kona Café for breakfast and I'll never turn you down. I'm a fan of the macadamia nut pancakes although I've tried the tonga toast. (It's too much for me and no one will share so there. ;))

I love your new Dooney. The right bag has to "speak to you." Your mother's bag is the pattern that I got for my Dooney. Love it!

Again, thank you for taking the time to share your experiences for this TR.

Now to get caught up on your Nov/Dec TR.

Loved this TR, Courtney!!!

I pretty much loved all the photos in this last update, too. The one of Kylie splashing herself in the face at the fountain, the ones on the carrousel, and even the ones of y'all pouting on Main Street. Great last day!

We have the jungle juice at UConn too! I realize that totally sounds like something else when I call it that, but that's what they called it at Tusker House! :rotfl: I love that stuff! :goodvibes

Your dad makes the carousel look like an E-ticket ride and I love it! :rotfl2:

Overall, I totally enjoyed reading your TR! You can most certainly count me in for your future trips! pixiedust:

Hahaha! That does sound like something different, fortunately Disney's brand of jungle/Lilikoi juice is much more delicious and better for you :thumbsup2

Haha the man loves the camera.

Thank you so much for joining in, Emily! I'm so excited to read about your upcoming trip.

Do you mean those big walls with the "virtual" hunny at Winnie the Pooh? OMG me and Riley did every one of them and almost missed riding because the park was closing, lol.

Still loving your dad's shirt.

Bahaha, well that's what happens when you wish to get splashed in the face with water Kylie. Next time pick a different wish.

Yup, I still can't get a picture of Buzz's face either.

OK, so I adore that you went on the carousel on your last day (Walt would have liked that), but I super double dog adore that your dad went on the carousel (Walt would have LOVED that).

I have to say that knowing you'll be back in just 3 months has to take the sting out of departure day a little. But just a little.

Aww Courtney, what a lovely wrap up. Thank you for sharing this trip and for giving us all a little less withdrawal by having the other one still ongoing until the ginormous (makes me think of Elf) July Sweet 16 trip. :goodvibes

YES EXACTLY! Those are so much fun, I do not blame you for trying them all haha.

Kylie laughed out loud at your comment. Sheesh, if it's that good of a wish granter I'm hoping she goes bigger next time.

Yeah!! Parents and kids having fun together. It's what Disney does best.

It did help knowing we'd be back so soon. Ideally, though, I'd just never have to leave.

Thank you so much for reading along, Rob!! I'm honored that you're here!

Oh no! The End! I better get the scrapbook finished.

I love that you guys can still have so much fun even on the carousel. And I appreciate all your poses for my scrapbooking.

I need a Gaston cinnamon bun and a rice krispie treat. NOW. Especially since you are leaving me tomorrow to go back to school. :sad1:

Thanks for introducing me to this side of the DIS. It was getting pretty discouraging on some other forums. I have totally enjoyed reading your trip report and those of your new DIS friends. You did a great job.

Hehe yep gotta get cracking! We have two more trips to scrapbook!

Of course. We love to model for our fans.

Sorry Mom :confused3 less than six months and we will be reunited with our Disney food!

Thanks for reading along, Mom :yay:

Great trip Courtney!

I love Kona Café. We have always had great food and wonderful service. Magic Kingdom was a great choice to end the trip.

That sounds like a very brutal flight home! Doesn't help that you are leaving Disney either. If it had been the trip down, it would probably not be memorable at all!

We are heading out in 11 days! Be sure to follow along with my next adventure!

Thank you!! Kona was so good, and I don't feel right ending my trip anywhere but MK.

Yeah, if I was on my way to Disney, I would have just ignored it, but it was no fun going home.

I definitely will! So exciting that you are heading back so soon. Have a blast and thank you for reading!!

Great update! :thumbsup2

Thank you!

What a great wrap to your wonderful TR Courtney! Was this really your first TR? I'm thinking so.... It seems like you've been around the DisBoard community forever at this point since your reports are so well written.

For me, as someone who has read your report, I will always think of your TR title when I eat at 50's PT Café and will look for your hilarious server. Your celebrity status for the Stunt Show will not soon be forgotten either. :)

Like you, I'm not a huge fan of school bread but ask me if I want to eat at Kona Café for breakfast and I'll never turn you down. I'm a fan of the macadamia nut pancakes although I've tried the tonga toast. (It's too much for me and no one will share so there. ;))

I love your new Dooney. The right bag has to "speak to you." Your mother's bag is the pattern that I got for my Dooney. Love it!

Again, thank you for taking the time to share your experiences for this TR.

Now to get caught up on your Nov/Dec TR.

Aw Brenda, thank you for the kind words! This was my first TR, but definitely not the last! I loved doing it.

Loukili :lovestruc I really hope he is there when I go back in July!

The macadamia nut pancakes look delicious! Tonga Toast has my heart, though.

Thank you! I love the pattern you and my mom got as well, it was a very close call for me.

Thanks so much for reading along, Brenda!!

Loved this TR, Courtney!!!

I pretty much loved all the photos in this last update, too. The one of Kylie splashing herself in the face at the fountain, the ones on the carrousel, and even the ones of y'all pouting on Main Street. Great last day!

Thank you so much, Kristy!

It was a really great last day. We love to act like goofballs in front of a camera :rotfl:

I am just getting around to read your trip reports and I love them. They are beautifully written. :-) they are packed with so much detail that it makes you feel like you are there.

Can't wait to read your July one. :-)

I am just getting around to read your trip reports and I love them. They are beautifully written. :-) they are packed with so much detail that it makes you feel like you are there.

Can't wait to read your July one. :-)

Hi!! Thank you so much for reading and for all the kind words :) You made my day!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter