Hurricane Matthew Closes WDW - Reopens Saturday, October 8th

Hey I am not sure where to post this,
just wanted to check in to talk with other guests who flights were cancelled and had to stay another day or two in Disney resort.
I saw on one post got 1/2 off resort for extra nights stay.
Talked with some others who paid $67 a night at All Star resorts.
curious what others paid at moderate, we paid same rate as we paid for rest of week basically and they called that discount.
It was so crazy and hectic I didn't question it, but really don't have money to pay for 2 extra nights plus meals, since our food credits died with original reservation. Staff were great and I commend them all but think I need to call and really see if I got fair price for 2 extra nights.

If anyone rather PM me that's fine,
thanks in advance.

Kim

What did you pay? How does it compare to what your original rates were? I saw someone who paid the Florida resident rate at BC for about $500/night! So not all were $67/night!

I mean, I wouldn't consider it an unfair rate if it was the same as you previously had.

I've seen so many different reports of so many different things happening that I don't think there's any kind of standard. I can totally understand being hard pressed for extra funds - but IMO, finding rooms to accommodate everyone like that would be enough for me if it was a fair rate.

just wanted to check in to talk with other guests who flights were cancelled and had to stay another day or two in Disney resort.
curious what others paid at moderate, we paid same rate as we paid for rest of week basically and they called that discount.
It was so crazy and hectic I didn't question it, but really don't have money to pay for 2 extra nights plus meals, since our food credits died with original reservation. Staff were great and I commend them all but think I need to call and really see if I got fair price for 2 extra nights.

thanks in advance.

Kim
Will merge you to the Hurricane Thread. :)

thanks in advance.

Kim
On Thursday I marched down (read, drove over the speed limit) to the Custom House at CBR and calmly explained I wanted to make a reservation for Saturday - Monday as we were supposed to be leaving Saturday and was unsure if we would be "stuck here" because of a plane debacle or not. After some calling back to the "backroom" I got a reservation for $315 with no money down and no penalty if canceled. We cancelled as soon as I heard that the plane that was to take us back home was in the air and on its way to pick us up.

And now that I'm home, I'm making good on getting those voicemails out to ya. Here are the 7 messages that were on our voicemail system over the course of two days. Unfortunately the DIS won't let me upload them as sound files so I ZIP'ed each one up. They are in .m4a format, iTunes should play them no problem for you.

Attachments

• VM 1.zip
    368.1 KB · Views: 17
  • VM 2.zip
    805.4 KB · Views: 5
  • VM 3.zip
    448.7 KB · Views: 4
  • VM 4.zip
    414.6 KB · Views: 2
  • VM 5.zip
    385.3 KB · Views: 5
  • VM 6.zip
    837.5 KB · Views: 4
  • VM 7.zip
    832.2 KB · Views: 3

I'm happy that everyone is safe and has moved on to better WDW days.

I hope that the ones that rode it out and didn't find positive in what Disney did for you to think about all the lives lost in Haiti because of the storm. They would have loved to have character interactions and 13.00 box lunches, if they lived through it at all. Curfews, park closing, box lunches are minimal compared to Haiti. We really need to put things into perspective.

Don't forget the cast members that stayed for you to make your stay with your family comfortable. Those cast members were denied that luxury of being with their family. I can only imagine the throngs of angry people taking it out on them.

It was refreshing to read that some took it upon themselves to help their families by grabbing a taxi to a grocery store to prepare for it and not leave it to Disney. Some even did it after the storm to avoid the lines at the WDW restaurants.

We can't always leave everything in Disney's hands when we can help ourselves.

On Thursday I marched down (read, drove over the speed limit) to the Custom House at CBR and calmly explained I wanted to make a reservation for Saturday - Monday as we were supposed to be leaving Saturday and was unsure if we would be "stuck here" because of a plane debacle or not. After some calling back to the "backroom" I got a reservation for $315 with no money down and no penalty if canceled. We cancelled as soon as I heard that the plane that was to take us back home was in the air and on its way to pick us up.

Thanks for information - greatly appreciated! - by the way I love Wembley Fraggle
When you say $315 is that per night or for 2 night stay?

I am not knocking anyone just figured this was a good place to post and ask! I saw on another post someone said they paid 1/2 price and then Thursday night I found out from another stranded guest they paid $67, which they said was 1/2 off for a All star resort. I paid about $200 each night, not sure what my exact rate was for original booking since I had dining and tickets wrapped up into my package, just want to make sure its fair and to me if other resorts offered 1/2 off rate, I think it would be fair to offer 1/2 off for all!
I appreciate what Disney did, but just wanted to compare, I did have some issues too when trying to get my room, I waited 2 hours to get the 2nd night, while person online next to me waited 20 minutes for same thing and I was very understanding! just figured this was a good place to ask and compare without judgement.

I personally lived thru Hurricane Sandy myself and know how lucky we were being stranded in Disney during Matthew and hurricane not being at my home and sparing my family in SC - I thank my lucky stars! actually Hurricane sandy is reason I have not been to disney in 6 years, so money is an issue, so I don't think anything wrong to compare prices and I will call Disney on it.

Thanks for information - greatly appreciated! - by the way I love Wembley Fraggle
When you say $315 is that per night or for 2 night stay?

I am not knocking anyone just figured this was a good place to post and ask! I saw on another post someone said they paid 1/2 price and then Thursday night I found out from another stranded guest they paid $67, which they said was 1/2 off for a All star resort. I paid about $200 each night, not sure what my exact rate was for original booking since I had dining and tickets wrapped up into my package, just want to make sure its fair and to me if other resorts offered 1/2 off rate, I think it would be fair to offer 1/2 off for all!
I appreciate what Disney did, but just wanted to compare, I did have some issues too when trying to get my room, I waited 2 hours to get the 2nd night, while person online next to me waited 20 minutes for same thing and I was very understanding! just figured this was a good place to ask and compare without judgement.

I personally lived thru Hurricane Sandy myself and know how lucky we were being stranded in Disney during Matthew and hurricane not being at my home and sparing my family in SC - I thank my lucky stars! actually Hurricane sandy is reason I have not been to disney in 6 years, so money is an issue, so I don't think anything wrong to compare prices and I will call Disney on it.
The $315 was for the total stay

For those of you who were at WDW when Hurricane Matthew have you called guest services for reimbursement?

What was the outcome I am going to call today about my MNSSHP for the Friday Night that was cancelled, the park tickets I never got to use etc

For those of you who were at WDW when Hurricane Matthew have you called guest services for reimbursement?

What was the outcome I am going to call today about my MNSSHP for the Friday Night that was cancelled, the park tickets I never got to use etc
I have yet to send in my request but I did receive an email that said my options are

1. A different mnsshp or mvmcp ticket

2. A 1-day park hopper that expires in the next two years

3. Full refund

I have yet to send in my request but I did receive an email that said my options are

1. A different mnsshp or mvmcp ticket

2. A 1-day park hopper that expires in the next two years

3. Full refund

Ok Thank you! The person I spoke with at the Grand Floridian said I had to call about room reimbursements as well. I guess I may wait to call until tomorrow I am sure the phones be busy today

I called yesterday about an unused ticket day and got the run around. After 40 min on the phone "ticket services" told me I could have handled it in person (sorry, wasn't going to wait in a 45 min line at the front desk), and that now I would have to email guest.services@disneyworld.com. They had me include my confirmation number, phone number, and our MagicBand ID numbers.

@HopperFan any update on your home?

Thank you for your posts throughout this thread which kept me sane and informed while worrying about my daughter and her roommates who just moved into an apartment in Kissimmee in August. Fortunately, all was well with them. Hoping for the same for you and yours.

we checked out a day early and left on Thursday morning. We called for a refund and were told that we show as having checked out on Friday :( The CM we spoke to told us they would still refund us the day, we will see what happens. When we checked out we went to the desk and paid in full, the CM at the desk asked if we had removed everything from the room which we had. she then took the information to the "back office" and told us we were set. Things were chaotic so we are hoping for the best.

We got half off.

Here is how it worked.
Super friendly and chatty with CM.
Asked about dining plan credits being extended a day.
Evidently it would be an impossible task for Walt himself to get that done so they chopped the room rate - something a manager does have power to do.

Went to Gastons and blew snack credits on cinnamon rolls the size of my head.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter