Hulu lands exclusive subscription VOD deal with Disney

Praying Colonel

DIS Veteran
Adds over 50 films to its streaming catalog:

This year we’ve seen a lot of competition in the streaming video service space, and now Hulu has announced a new licensing deal with Disney that may make it a must-have.

Hulu says its multi-year agreement with The Walt Disney Studios means it will have “exclusive subscription video on-demand rights to a collection of hit movies and family favorites from Disney’s library of blockbuster films.”

The video service says it will be the only source for select Disney movies for streaming from a subscription service:

Through the agreement, Hulu becomes the exclusive subscription video on demand home to a selection of Disney favorites including The Nightmare Before Christmas, Mulan, Pocahontas, Hercules, Sister Act and Air Bud, which are all available to stream on Hulu now.

Hulu will also gain access to 50+ Disney movies in addition to the exclusive content:

The agreement will also make over 50 popular titles available to stream on Hulu for the first time. Titles including Con Air, Step Up, Gone in 60 Seconds, Pearl Harbor, Romy and Michele’s High School Reunion, The Mighty Ducks, as well as Disney blockbusters that the whole family can enjoy including Lilo & Stitch, Tarzan, The Emperor’s New Groove, Muppet Treasure Island and The Princess and the Frog, will become available on Hulu over the coming months.

https://9to5mac.com/2016/12/28/hulu-disney-deal/

I loved Air Bud when I was growing up, I wish they'd put it back on Netflix.

Man, so now older Disney movies will be on Hulu and newer on Netflix. When Disney first signed the big deal with Netflix I thought it was the first step toward Disney just buying them outright, but this contract makes me think otherwise. The streaming future is still a bit messy with all the competing platforms. No wonder I still buy Blu-rays.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter