HRH Kids suite

Cara29

Earning My Ears
Does anyone know why these seem to be the only rooms that haven't been refurbished yet?

i'm trying to find out the same thing, have just called the resort and was told all rooms refurb'd about 3 years ago although I can't find any photos of refurb'd kids suites anywhere !!!!!

I called as well to the HRH and was told the same thing that they are renovated. They told me that the pictures are not updated. We stayed in the Kids suite just after the regular rooms were renovated and was disappointed that our kids suite was not. We have it booked again for September I really hope its renovated.

I really hope they are, they were looking very tired last time I stayed. Strange that it's the only room they haven't updated the pictures for.
If anyone is staying before I go in January please post a picture! :)

We are currently booked for early June in a Kids suite. I will try to overcome my tech challenges to post pics. I am so curious as well. It is our first time at Universal Resort and HRH. Mostly concerned about sharing one bathroom and considering booking adjoining Queens to avoid bathroom angst with our girls.

I tried so many ways of Internet sleuthing, but no pics to be had. I did see a Tripadvisor review from May 2016 that mentioned their kids suite being tired and furniture not up to par. The manager then hinted at a redo upcoming soon....

I wish I could verify for everyone, but when we did a tour of Hard Rock Hotel with Universal staff at the end of April, they didn't have a kids suite available to show us. We looked at virtually every other room type. I've also been told that they were all renovated, but ...

We are currently booked for early June in a Kids suite. I will try to overcome my tech challenges to post pics. I am so curious as well. It is our first time at Universal Resort and HRH. Mostly concerned about sharing one bathroom and considering booking adjoining Queens to avoid bathroom angst with our girls.
We are staying at the HRH now. I promised to report back on the Kids Suite. We were booked into the Kids Suite and stayed 2 nights ( also a club level room). The decor is tired & mostly as pictured on the site. The furniture was showing its age. The overall layout was functional for us, but we did ask to change to connecting rooms with updated decor. I hope they do update the rooms, you feel like a second class citizen paying rock star prices for an outdated room.

We are staying at the HRH now. I promised to report back on the Kids Suite. We were booked into the Kids Suite and stayed 2 nights ( also a club level room). The decor is tired & mostly as pictured on the site. The furniture was showing its age. The overall layout was functional for us, but we did ask to change to connecting rooms with updated decor. I hope they do update the rooms, you feel like a second class citizen paying rock star prices for an outdated room.

Thanks for letting us know as we get asked this question a lot. It is ridiculous that they have not updated the decor there.

Thank you so much for letting us know. I'm disgusted that they have not updated these room with the price they charge.
I love the layout, but may have to rethink our stay. :sad:

WOW...this is a let down. Why are these rooms not renovated yet? They should be giving a discount on these rooms (beside the usual promotions) and not charging full price.

Thank you so much for letting us know. I'm disgusted that they have not updated these room with the price they charge.
I love the layout, but may have to rethink our stay. :sad:
We cancelled due to no renovations.

We cancelled due to no renovations.
I am debating this as well. The problem is there is no stay more play more discounted rooms left for our stay. We did get a great deal on the kids suite. Right now a standard rate regular room CL is $30.00 cheaper then kids suite CL we paid. I am very upset because we were told they were done and to find out they are not done and nothing to change it too upsets me :(

I am debating this as well. The problem is there is no stay more play more discounted rooms left for our stay. We did get a great deal on the kids suite. Right now a standard rate regular room CL is $30.00 cheaper then kids suite CL we paid. I am very upset because we were told they were done and to find out they are not done and nothing to change it too upsets me :(
Yes. I see whee you are coming from. We went in January. Once I cancelled the HRH, I booked RPR--two rooms--instead. But about ten days before arrival, two rooms at HRH dropped dramatically in price so I ended up in two Garden View rooms at HRH for $500 less than the two rooms at RPR. So it was quite a journey. Keep watching rates and be willing to shake it up. Are you still booked in the suite? Personally, I'd take the $30 cheaper CL room at this point. Not as much privacy, but you'll get a fresh room. And maybe you'll get lucky with a price drop and be able to book two room somewhere in the end.

Yes. I see whee you are coming from. We went in January. Once I cancelled the HRH, I booked RPR--two rooms--instead. But about ten days before arrival, two rooms at HRH dropped dramatically in price so I ended up in two Garden View rooms at HRH for $500 less than the two rooms at RPR. So it was quite a journey. Keep watching rates and be willing to shake it up. Are you still booked in the suite? Personally, I'd take the $30 cheaper CL room at this point. Not as much privacy, but you'll get a fresh room. And maybe you'll get lucky with a price drop and be able to book two room somewhere in the end.
Great tips thanks. I still have the kids suite booked. We need two bathrooms with two teenage girls for 8 nights. I will keep a eye out for a discount. Two rooms would work good for us :)

As a follow up to my kids suite post - I spoke with the front desk and they say they are getting feedback regarding updates for the kids suites all the time. The story seems to be an impasse between Hard Rock-Loews-Universal for theming the brand for the Kids Suite. The kids suite was a good value at the price comparison for 2 rooms at an Annual Passholder Rate, and we did incur the expense of the move - but the updated decor of the other rooms improved our experience since our children are of the age that we do spend downtime together in room ( and there was rain for several afternoons during our stay that closed down the pool!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter