~How TWO trips became...who knows? ~ It's a TRIP! and an upgrade.... 4/22

I have been checking and waiting for an update. Sorry about your flight delays. That does not sound fun at all! Glad you had fun at Magic Meets. I might have to try that somtime. :thumbsup2 Rachel and her family are in my prayers.

Sunday Update

Rachel has had an OK day today, I think. I am not sure until I see her myself, though...honestly. I will know for sure when I see her with my two eyes!

Her Mom called today and said that the head CT is what showed the fluid and what they are going to do is first give her something to get rid of the fluid and if that doesn't work, then they will do a needle guided biopsy on the fluid on Monday or Tuesday. They may even do it today...but I highly doubt it...nothing happens on Sunday's at the hospital. I think it is most likely something they will do tomorrow.

Have they figured out why she has fluid yet? Or how to stop it?

Safe travels - thanks for the update!

Oh no! I hope you don't get stuck in Charlotte!

We had a great time meeting you and Muffin and hanging out and I had a great time at Magic Meets! I don't want to say too much since you are going to do a mini-TR. Make sure you only post flattering photos!

And, Mary is a celebrity! Deb Wills and Mike Scopa know her by name and hugged her more than once!

Hey, My Celebrity Friend....

It's your humble friend from overseas.

Do hope you've made it home by now; getting stuck somewhere when you're tired and have a lot of stuff to get home to isn't ever very fun!

I'll try to call tonight my time.

Glad you had a wonderful time in PA, and can't wait to see your updates on our PTR!

Will continue to pray for Rachel. I hope you got home safely. We had some rather strong storms this afternoon that were headed up to Jackson. Perhaps that is what the delay was.

Be safe and take care of yourself also.

I am home!!!

I don't have long...because I need to unpack and get in bed so I can function at work tomorrow.

Rachel and her Mom both sounded good tonight on the phone and want me to come see them in the morning instead of tonight (which is probably good for me, too) so I will go over there during my lunch hour and try to get some more info on how she is doing.

But for now I can only go on what I know...which sounds like she is stable but still at a critical stage. Someone actually called me tonight and asked me if she had gone home yet...so there is a lot of misinformation and assumptions that she is better. She is sounding better, but what is causing her symptoms has not been fixed yet. And it is like a yo-yo...one minute I call and am afraid I won't make it home in time to even see her and the next I am talking to her on the phone and she sounds better than I have heard her in weeks. (But then she started talking about who knows what?)

Please keep praying for them and the doctors that are taking care Ra.

Glad you are home! Please share with Rachel and her family that we are still praying for them!!!

Still thinking of you and Rachel.

Glad to hear you made it home. Hope you had a great time at Magic Meets!:wizard:

So glad you made it home safely.

Praying that Rachel is doing well this morning and that you got some rest last night.

Monday Update

The rollercoaster continues...

Get this. They are sending her home today. On strict instructions and to bring her back if anything happens. She gets to go home because they trust her Mom to bring her back if she needs to...and they will be sending her home with many of the same things she was using in the hospital.

Here is what happened. On Saturday they tried a different diuretic to get the fluid off of her lungs and heart and out of her head and that finally worked. :banana: :banana: :banana: But they can't give her any more or it will "overcorrect" and cause another problem.

So, for now, she is sitting up in bed. Still confused, but using the computer and talking on the phone, and she wants to go home!

So...that left me with the question (and believe me, I asked the doctor myself - thankful I was in the room when they came)...so exactly what caused all of this?

Here is the theory. (They actually have no solid answers to this.) The low sodium was the cause of the problems with the confusion. In an effort to fix it, they overloaded her with fluids. A lot. They kept saying it would "go down on it's own" but it didn't and almost killed her. That caused all of the problems with the heart and lungs that were so critical.

They still don't know what caused the low sodium? :confused3 Was it gradual? Was it a change in medicine that happened the week before? Who knows. But they will be closely watching that in the future.

I am not breaking out the champaign (spelling??) yet. I will be more convinced if I see that she has been doing well for a few days...since this roller coaster ride has been going for almost 2 weeks now.

I am going to go stay with them for a few days until we can get some sort of schedule of people to help her (both hired and volunteer, probably).

:banana::banana::banana:

that's what I have to say about that.

Their explanation sounds reasonable. Hopefully that means it WON'T happen again. Have fun taking care of Rachel! Give her hugs :grouphug: from Wisconsin!

Woo-hoo - Rachel got to go home!!!
I wish they had more/better answers for you but I am so glad she got to go home.

YAY! for Rachel going home!:cool1:

Watch her close Maroo (I know you will) and give her hugs from all of us. "Our" Rachel needs to get to the World.

We are all jumping for joy, but cautiously, as you say. Sounds like the next few days will tell.

You are such a trooper to spend a few nights with them, and help them work out logistics for them!! What a blessing you are!

Get the rest you need, too, my friend :)

Know that you and Rachel and Joyce have been in my thoughts and prayers!!

I've been following your twitter updates Maroo!! :goodvibes

I am so glad to hear that things are making a turn for the better for Rachel. All the more reason to plan a memorable trip! I am looking forward to hearing more good news on her recovery!

~Elisa

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter