How to transport toddler in non-stroller areas?

We just carried our little guy at 18 months but we also have an older child, so the arm strength is pretty ridiculous. We do try to go when the lines will be smaller and not wait for something very long. 20 min was probably our max.

I'm also with a previous poster that depending on when you go, strapping a toddler to yourself sounds way too hot to me, but my kids also run hot so that would be misery for everyone.

I did side carry in my ergo (not at wdw) so maybe that is something that would be comfortable?

I have the Ergo 360, but the recommendation for side carry is up to 27 lbs I think, so that won't work for me. I'll have to look into this toddler Tula some people are talking about. I've never heard of it!

I have the Ergo 360, but the recommendation for side carry is up to 27 lbs I think, so that won't work for me. I'll have to look into this toddler Tula some people are talking about. I've never heard of it!

Oh yeah I forgot. We gave away our ergo and I haven't used it since before my son was 1 so I forgot about the weight limits.

The other thing to remember is to pack light for the lines. Make sure any bags you're taking are as lightweight as possible. Don't want to be dreading carrying the kiddo and a bag! :)

I am pregnant and just returned from a trip with my 4 yo and 1 yo (she was 12.5 months at the time of the trip). DH didn't come. Thankfully she is not too heavy, but I couldn't do a carrier as I couldn't get comfortable in one with my belly. I held her a lot and also let her down in the queues when she couldn't run. As someone else mentioned a bag, I'll say I used a Vera Disney small bag that basically just carried my wallet and phone, I didn't bring the big camera this trip and left everything else in the stroller. It was totally doable, but I was definitely sore at the end of each day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter