How to find houses to rent

momofkids

DIS Veteran
I am asking for some friends of mine. They have been trying to find a house to rent and haven't been having much luck. Are there any reputable sites to have them check out to look for a rental? They have been looking at places like Craig's list. They are an older couple with their friends; so, I want to make sure that they won't have any major issues. My family usually stays on-site; so, I have no idea where to begin.

Try VRBO thousands on there. We rented a condo for Spring Break in Cabo through VRBO - only 2 more months...

Do you mean like a short term vacation rental? There is VRBO, air BnB, and then some communities are rental communities so have their own booking sites.

I would say VRBO. If they want to book through a rental company they could look at VacationbytheMouse.com. My neighbor used them with good success.

Are we talking short term vacation home rental for their trip?
If so then as PP's have said VRBO.
My family is going in April with some extended family and we rented a house for a week using VRBO.
It's located in the Davenport area which we are familiar with and my parents drove by it while they were on vacation in November and said the outside looks nice anyways lol and it seemed like a nice neighborhood so we're happy about that.

VRBO is probably the best place to look. Though it can be a bit overwhelming given the number of houses available. If you take your time I am sure you will find a villa that will suit your needs. As a previous poster noted, Davenport, FL will be where many are located.

Also make sure when using VRBO that you are connecting directly with the owner. I have read stories of VRBO listings being re-listed by companies who charge a higher price.

I rent through VRBO. I made sure to rent directly from the owner, and usually properties with good reviews.

We've rented several times through Floridasunvacationhomes.com They rent places in Windsor Hills and other surrounding neighborhoods.

VRBO and Homeaway are owned by the same company, therefore same properties listed on each. The downside is the booking fee for using their site. If you find a property you like, contact the owner directly and ask if you can book direct to avoid paying the fee. We are fans of Windsor Hills after staying at many resorts in the area. Try www.windsorhillsofficialrentals.com

I'd recommend homeaway.com - we have never had any issues using it in the past and you can see reviews from past guests. Also, the owners always seem to be pretty responsive as they are looking for favorable reviews.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter