How to cut down the crowds at Walt Disney World

Jlyons72

Earning My Ears
A common complaint at the parks is; they are too darn crowded. Disney has tried lots of ways to keep the revenue up and the crowds down, from tiered pricing to extra paid events. All of these have lead to complaints of “being priced out of Disney”.

Here is an idea that I feel Disney should give a go. You must be staying at a Disney resort (or partner hotel) to go to the parks. Even if it’s just one park per day, like EMH for the whole day, resort guests get the park to themselves

Maybe limit them amount of AP they sell as well?

At least for those staying on property (even at higher rates) your vacation would be so much more enjoyable!

A common complaint at the parks is; they are too darn crowded. Disney has tried lots of ways to keep the revenue up and the crowds down, from tiered pricing to extra paid events. All of these have lead to complaints of “being priced out of Disney”.

Here is an idea that I feel Disney should give a go. You must be staying at a Disney resort (or partner hotel) to go to the parks.

At least for those staying on property (even at higher rates) your vacation would be so much more enjoyable!

They would be shooting themselves in the foot. Never going to happen.

Here is an idea that I feel Disney should give a go. You must be staying at a Disney resort (or partner hotel) to go to the parks.

To be fair, they kind of built this monster when they didn't continue to build out their parks (or in some cases just left them to wither). Had they continued expanding, updating, we wouldn't be where we are.

They are working on it now. I can't see rewarding them by using your approach. More rides (that people like) is the only way I see fixing the problem. For example, imagine if Pandora had 2 rides that were must do's vs 1? Or better, 3 rides.........

I think a lot of Orlando residents (for whom Disney-related traffic is a daily burden) would find this very unfair. I wouldn’t be opposed to limiting SWGE/DHS attendance to resort guests for the first few months, given that we expect record crowds, but 100% of parks would not go over well.

It is simply economics.

Disney has a product people want.
The product is priced at a point that enough people want to pay.
Until the price is brought up to a point that is too high, you will not see a decrease in crowds (or if there is a change in the ability of people to pay the price like another recession (which is most likely in the works)).
Disney has not yet found equilibrium pricing.

The idea in the OP would just be a horrible business decision.

A 5th gate would spread out the crowds more... but its a big cost to Disney... Once they fill out the existing parks thats their only option. Post AK thats pretty much what happened... people chose 2-3 of the parks and congestion went down.

I think a lot of Orlando residents (for whom Disney-related traffic is a daily burden) would find this very unfair. I wouldn’t be opposed to limiting SWGE/DHS attendance to resort guests for the first few months, given that we expect record crowds, but 100% of parks would not go over well.
I think annual passholders should be included with resort guests.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter