How should I approach 7 month switching?

MinniesYooHoo

With the cows and the chickens, they all sound lik
Sorry for the silly question. We've just never attempted to switch resorts at the 7 month window before, but we'd like to try for our next trip. We currently have a Boardwalk view studio booked for 10 days at our home resort (BWV) checking in august 25th. We'd like to try to switch to BLT, VWL, or BCV. 2 questions: What are our chances , and what's the best way to do it? Go online, or call member services?

You can go online right now and start looking at availability already by logging into your DVC account and searching for your resorts. You can't book yet but you'll start getting an idea of whats still open. Its super easy to do once you log in and you'll be prompted right through it. As the 7th month date gets closer keep an eye out and just be ready to either grab whichever resort is available or go ahead and get on the wait list if the one you really wanted has a wait already. Calling or online, doesn't matter, I did both to book my June trip using both my own points and borrowed points at two different resorts, both switched at the 7month mark. Good Luck booking!!!!!! I vote BCV or VWL!!

Late August is still within the lower-demand time for DVC, so I actually think your odds are pretty good, with the conditional statements that this may not apply to switching to a Standard View at BLT, plus a note that the BLT Studio is small, smaller that BWV for sure, and depending on how many are in your travel party only sleeps 4 vs. the 5 that can be accommodated at BWV, BCV and VWL.

OK. Perfect! Was really hoping for BCV anyway. With VWL coming in a very close 2nd.

I have been watching BCV for August as I want Aug 17-25 the and right at the 7 month mark studios are disappearing. I agree I think that the later part of August you will be fine as it is a lower demand.

I doing the same thing. Have BWV booked for Aug and have switched part of the trip to VGF already and now trying to switch some of the days over to BCV. Lots of days disappearing for BCV in Aug already.

Don't forget that F&W now extends into August which will probably have an impact on the availability of the studios at BCV.

If I see availability at the 7 month mark, does it ask me if I'm replacing an existing reservation? Or do I have to cancel first?

If I see availability at the 7 month mark, does it ask me if I'm replacing an existing reservation? Or do I have to cancel first?
It will not ask you. If you need to use the points from the current reservation, then yes, you'll need to cancel it first.

A CM re entry told me you cannot have two reservations in your name, if you have enough points do you put it in someone else's?

A CM re entry told me you cannot have two reservations in your name, if you have enough points do you put it in someone else's?
That's simply not true. An overzealous CM might tell you that and refuse to make a new reservation, but you can make multiple reservations in your name online.

Supersnoop thank you very much. I can't believe how much misinformation I have received in the last week from CM's just trying to get this BCV Aug 2017 booked". I switched to Poly because I can't get BCV and I don't want to risk not having the new pool open at VWL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter