• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How old was your child when s/he hit 40 inches?

3 for both (probably close to 3.5 for DS) but they are very tall for their ages.

Mine were always 40 by age 4. But just in case be sure to measure him in the shoes he will be wearing at the parks.

Our first trip we only had 2 kids at the time, we have 6 now. They wouldn't let our youngest who was almost 4 ride one of the rides. The CM told us to go across to the store and buy a pair of shoes with the thickest sole. We did and she was able to ride. She was so close I guess he thought that was the best solution, LOL

We have had in the past with 1 kid 1 year where they allowed them on the ride once but not the second time. It was odd cause we could all tell they measured just right. So we had to "argue" a little while them and they then let the go.

This year, we just got back a week ago, they kept measuring two of our kids even though it was so obvious they were well over the height requirement.

My 4 year old even though she can ride some of the rides I won't take her on them. Like ToT and Splash Mountain because of the drop. She is very timid.

My 6 and 8 year old don't like ToT so they rode it once this trip and not the other 2 days we were there, but I was glad they gave it a try. We always tell them every year they will feel different about the rides because they have grown and matured. So it's a rule that if you can ride it (except for the youngest two) that you have to give it a try LOL

ToT is my favorite of all the rides :)

My son just turned 3 and is 39.5" barefoot so with sneakers, I think he'd pass. We are going to DL a week before my daughter is 3 and it would be great if she was 40". But, she's not as tall now at 19 months as he was, so it seems unlikely.

Mine hit 40" right around the time we had to start paying for a ticket for them - 3 years old. But as DH says we "grow them big".

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter