• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How often does Madam Leota open her eyes?

Ikaikalani

Tee-Eye-double Guh-err
I've seen video of this, but never caught it when actually in line. How often does she open her eyes each day?

Very often. I can't tell you every XX minutes, but if that effect is in working order, you wouldn't have to stand there but a few minutes to see her, seeing you! :hmghost:

Never timed it but I would guess at least once every 2-3 minutes.
Yes, that would be my guess as well. It is often, but only people close to the door can see it clearly and I don't think it is anymore than that between eye opening. There are a lot of people that don't know it even happens so they aren't looking for it. It happens really quickly.

It might help those reading along to note that this thread is discussing the Madame Leota burial tombstone/monument that sits in the graveyard just outside the main entry doors to the Haunted Mansion.
(To the guests' left side, as they face the doors.)
The tombstone appears to be made of carved granite and features a bronze-tone facial likeness relief of Leota that is facing toward guests who are waiting in the very last section of queue before the doors open into the foyer of the Haunted Mansion.

Here's a photo found via a web search.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter