How much time do you spend refreshing?

I have young kids so rarely refresh in the park unless we maybe have some time in a standby line or before a show begins. We always take an afternoon break though so while they're playing/refreshing/snacking/napping in the room I'll always refresh until I get a ride we really want to do if we're going back in the evening.

Last year we stayed close to Epcot and their absolute favourite ride was Soarin'. We rode it pretty much every evening of our trip =)

We typically don't refresh very often. We will check back to get more FP+, but we don't spend time refreshing over and over. It seems to work for many people, but it's not for us.

Often while in line. As soon as I tap in for one FP, I start refreshing for the remaining ones or to get the next one.

Sounds like a refreshing business could be a moneymaker.
I'd think that most of the VIP/private tour services that aren't run by Disney include refreshing fastpasses.

Beyond that, it's a pretty risky business to get into. You're at the mercy of Disney continuing to allow you to operate, and they have a lot of levers to encourage you to stop.

The one thing you have to watch out for is the daze you can enter if you refresh too long trying to get a particular thing. More than once, the exact thing I wanted came up, but before it registered in my brain, I had already tapped to refresh again, and lost it. >:( But I actually find it to be a fun way to pass the time when I'm waiting around. Kind of looking forward to seeing what I can get on our trip this summer...
I have so totally done that! Missed a FoP opportunity once when that happened!

Do you all find it better if you search for FP+ for all of your party at the same time or each person individually and hope for times that overlap? If you break it up individually, do you have a certain strategy? Sometimes just getting 2 would be ok, like for the more intense rides (mostly just R'n'R or EE), but for the rest I really want us all to ride together, or there really is no point. In our case, we are a party of 4.

That’s kind of how I am but when helping someone if I’m not doing anything else I seem to go overboard. I got the FP’s relatively easily but moving the times around to better times for him was what was taking up a lot of time.
May I adopt you as a ‘friend’?😉

By this question, do people refresh every few seconds? Or do you just mean checking a few times a day?

Wondering the same thing
We will be a party of 5 for two of our park days - should we split in 2/3?

Do you all find it better if you search for FP+ for all of your party at the same time or each person individually and hope for times that overlap? If you break it up individually, do you have a certain strategy? Sometimes just getting 2 would be ok, like for the more intense rides (mostly just R'n'R or EE), but for the rest I really want us all to ride together, or there really is no point. In our case, we are a party of 4.
I wouldn’t necessarily break up a party of 4 unless you’re having trouble finding something or can’t get the time as close as you’d like. We’re a party of 5 and I don’t usually break it up. I search for 3 first when I do. It feels easier to spend longer upfront trying to get 5 than trying to get overlapping times. But sometimes not because you do see a lot more options come up for smaller parties. I usually try for a while to get 5 and then switch to 3 if need be.
I don’t search for something like FOP split up. I only look for 5 (and have gotten it a few times) because they do come up so rarely that it feels like I would never get overlapping times. Others may have a different experience with that.

I am self admittedly addicting to refreshing. It's the equivalent of fishing to me.. you never know what you're going to get! That being said, I will only do it while in line, because I do want to enjoy what is going on around me and keep my head up rather be fixated on a phone all day.

By this question, do people refresh every few seconds? Or do you just mean checking a few times a day?
When I’m looking for something it’s every few seconds. I do this because it literally can change every few seconds especially in a park like MK with lots of attractions.

For a party of 4 I wouldn't break it up (unless it's because only a couple of people want to ride). 5+ I would first try to get a FP for the group and then break the group up. We did a trip with 7 and I would frequently search for 4 and then look for 3 to overlap.

When I'm refreshing I go as fast as my fingers and brain can handle....sometimes the fingers go faster than the brain which can be frustrating. It's all about getting as many refreshes as you possibly can into a short period of time in order to increase your odds of finding something that has been dropped.

How do you actually physically refresh? In other words what screen are you on and what button do you keep pushing?

How do you actually physically refresh? In other words what screen are you on and what button do you keep pushing?
Once you have a FP booked go and view that individual FP and you can select to “change” time or “change” under the name of the attraction. Once you select “change” you’ll be given a list of times or attractions depending on what you chose to select from. Then you can just toggle back and forth from those screens. There isn’t a button that says refresh or you don’t pull the screen down to refresh. You have to navigate in and out of times or the attractions list to see what’s available.

Once you have a FP booked go and view that individual FP and you can select to “change” time or “change” under the name of the attraction. Once you select “change” you’ll be given a list of times or attractions depending on what you chose to select from. Then you can just toggle back and forth from those screens. There isn’t a button that says refresh or you don’t pull the screen down to refresh. You have to navigate in and out of times or the attractions list to see what’s available.
Ok, so you have to pick a new FP before you refresh.

You don't even have to go back and forth between those screens, just keep clicking the times at the top and the screen will refresh.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter