HOW MUCH IS YOUR 2017 DISNEY VACATION GOING TO COST

4 Adults, May 6-13
Lodging: $1687 - 7 Nights, Standard Studio @ Boardwalk Villas (rented DVC points)
Tickets: $440 - 3 AP holders, one 8 day parkhopper
Flights: ~$800 - (LAX - MCO) 2 flights free with Southwest points, 2 purchased through Southwest
Food/Drink: ~$1800

Total: $4,727 ($168/person per day)

I was just trying to help. Clearly you are sensitive about it, so I apologize. I shared the pin info because I never knew you could get them cheap on ebay until a fellow dis'er mentioned it- I was super grateful! And I didn't know if you were seasoned, and unless you are pinching pennies or making your own food or only eat a meal and a half a day, 25$ pp/a day wouldnt be enough. Clearly you have done it, just trying to help if not... don't be defensive, some people are just trying to help, and you can't read tones via type. :)
I thought you were trying to help. I couldn't figure out why they bought 1 day tickets and then 6 day tickets. It would be cheaper to upgrade your one day tickets to 7 or just buy 7 day tickets. I guess they have a reason or they just don't know. I'm not sure how you could eat at WDW for 30.00 per person. I'm budgeting 150.00 a day for me and my son. We like to eat TS for dinner and I know I'll have a few adult beverages. I think 30.00 per day would cover 2 adult beverages per day. WDW food and drinks are not cheap.

They are staying in a family suite so I assumed they were doing a grocery order and not eating out for every meal so the 1K made sense.

2 Adults for our Honeymoon
Apr 23-29th
Animal Kingdom Lodge - Room Only $2100.00 (Unique Offer Code)
Flights - $484 (Southwest from BWI)
Park Tickets - $400.00
Total = 2984.00

Not including food and drink of course which is unpredictable for us. We can't wait!!

I was just trying to help. Clearly you are sensitive about it, so I apologize. I shared the pin info because I never knew you could get them cheap on ebay until a fellow dis'er mentioned it- I was super grateful! And I didn't know if you were seasoned, and unless you are pinching pennies or making your own food or only eat a meal and a half a day, 25$ pp/a day wouldnt be enough. Clearly you have done it, just trying to help if not... don't be defensive, some people are just trying to help, and you can't read tones via type. :)

Yep, so sensitive. Although it's not so much sensitivity as it is questioning. This is a thread about how much your trip will cost, which you didn't contribute to at all except to basically tell other people that you think they're spending too much. If you looked at my signature, you can see that while I may not be as seasoned as others, that this will be my 4th trip since 2014, so I have done this before. I just tend to assume people know what they're doing, unless they specifically say so or ask for help.

I couldn't figure out why they bought 1 day tickets and then 6 day tickets. It would be cheaper to upgrade your one day tickets to 7 or just buy 7 day tickets. I guess they have a reason or they just don't know.

I'm assuming you're talking about me. And I think you misread what I said. I am not buying a 6-day ticket and a 1-day ticket. I'm buying three 6-day tickets and one 4-park magic ticket, although I think my wording was a bit different. One person I'm traveling with will be leaving a couple days early and will only be going to each park once, so this was the cheapest option for him that I found.

Hubby and I are going August 28-Sept. 5

8 nights at the Grand Floridian Garden View with 7 day base tickets plus bonus 1 day waterpark $2,997.00
Food approx. $1,000
Plane from NY approx. $500
Total approx. $4,500 Not too bad for the Grand Floridian for 8 nights!
I've almost $500 credit on my Disney Visa too!
Tell me your secret! LOL

4 adults/3 kids

4 day park hoppers $2300
5 nights at Poly $12500
Flights using points
Dining estimate $2000

Total $16800

Much easier to deal with when it's not all coming out of the wallet at once...yikes

Have you ever though about renting DVC points? It may save you a couple thousand on the bungalow.

We just added in a tour, highway in the sky dine-around and the MVMCP tickets....
I don't like seeing these numbers! LOL!

We are 10 days at the Contemporary Atrium Club Level. (Theme Park View)
10 day park hoppers
Deluxe Dining Plan
Memory Maker Package
Followed by a 3 night cruise on the Disney Magic at concierge level...

Family of 5 all Disney 'adults' and we are paying over 15,000.

Exact total is 16,280.
+ MVMCP 500.00
+ Highway In the Sky Dine-Around 300.00
+ Family Magic Tour 200.00
Total is $17,280.00 :earsboy:

We got free dining and a healthy cruise discount due to problems on a previous cruise and the Memory Maker is free as well.

2 adults/ DD8
8 nights at Caribbean Beach
8 day tickets/w hopper
Standard DP because we are hitting a lot of character dinners
Memory Maker
$4964.42

Also know at the 1 year delayed honeymoon/ 1st anniversary/first visit for us all trip lol

We just added in a tour, highway in the sky dine-around and the MVMCP tickets....

10 day park hoppers
Deluxe Dining Plan
Memory Maker Package

Exact total is 16,280.
+ MVMCP 500.00

We got free dining and a healthy cruise discount due to problems on a previous cruise and the Memory Maker is free as well.

This sounds magical 8o) Have a great time!

Yep, so sensitive. Although it's not so much sensitivity as it is questioning. This is a thread about how much your trip will cost, which you didn't contribute to at all except to basically tell other people that you think they're spending too much. If you looked at my signature, you can see that while I may not be as seasoned as others, that this will be my 4th trip since 2014, so I have done this before. I just tend to assume people know what they're doing, unless they specifically say so or ask for help.

I'm assuming you're talking about me. And I think you misread what I said. I am not buying a 6-day ticket and a 1-day ticket. I'm buying three 6-day tickets and one 4-park magic ticket, although I think my wording was a bit different. One person I'm traveling with will be leaving a couple days early and will only be going to each park once, so this was the cheapest option for him that I found.
Yes I did it differently. Thanks for clarifying.

06/17/17 - 07/01/17: For 3 "adults", $2,650 for APs ($1,250 of it was paid with Disney Visa Rewards), $1,100 for 2-weeks in a 1BR Dlx room at WBC, $150 RT driving, $750 for meals mostly us cooking, $250 for souvenirs. Grand total of $4,900 for 2 weeks. When we do go back, maybe December, it will only be $400 for the room + food + travel = $1,000-ish.

Breaks out to $116.67 pp/day for paying full AP. $86.90 pp/day using the rewards for the APs.

Last edited:
Going August 4th through the 13th, 2 adults, 6mo infant:
9 nights at AKL deluxe studio on points: $1976
Purchasing APs to use this trip and 2018 trip: $749 (dividing cost of 2 AP by 2 since using it for next years trip as well)
Probably spending around $200/night on food for the both of us (infant will be breastfeeding, so that's free!)
Airfare would have been $900 (lesson learned, don't plan to fly out of MCO on a Sunday, expensive!) but my MIL gifted it to us using points.

Still working out other costs!

10 day park hoppers
Deluxe Dining Plan
Memory Maker Package

Exact total is 16,280.
+ MVMCP 500.00

This sounds like an awesome trip! Enjoy! :cloud9:

Ok I know i am stealing a topic but its a new year. I want to try to keep this as simple as possible and so that we can all compare apples to apples. I fully understand that people will add different things to their own vacations but I would like to try to keep the costs to just the WDW portion of your vacation. No travel costs, unless you want to put it in as an additional cost. So here i go:

A 5 day stay for 2 (me and DW) at Port Orleans Riverside with 5 day ParkHopper and Dinning Plan (1 TS, 1 QS, 2 Snacks/day)
* POR: $1,445.85
* 5 Day Park Hopper: $873.97
* Dinning Plan: $673.30
* Total Cost: $2,993.12 or $299.31/person/day

As a side note....I have been keeping track of the costs of our trips since 2008 and the per day per person costs have gone from $149.72 to $299.31 an increase of 99.9%!!

Family of four= $8300 Sunday to Sunday in June, includes WL, park hoppers for 4 and deluxe dining plan

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter