• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

How much do you spend on food at Universal???

Are you staying on-site? We stayed at RPR and every night before heading back to the resort, we'd stop by Cinnabon at City Walk and get two of the large cinnamon rolls for breakfast the next morning - about $10 and held us over til lunch. For lunch, we ate at Mel's at US which was QS, good, and reasonably price. We also ventured out to City Walk and ate at Panda Express/Moe's once which was inexpensive. We also split a pizza at Red Oven which was delicious, also reasonable in price. For dinners, we alternated between Red Oven, in-park QS, and we also ate at Antojitos in City Walk which was very good but on the expensive side. I wouldn't rule out venturing to City Walk for your meals - it's a quick walk, you are permitted to re-enter the parks, and some of the QS options there are budget friendly.

If you have a AAA membership it is 10% off almost every food place, inside the parks and at Citywalk. I forgot to use it many times when we were purchasing snacks, but usually remembered for the bigger meals.

WOW! This is great to know! I'll have to remember to ask. Thanks for the info.

I believe there's a change to the AAA/CAA discount. It's my understanding that it only applies to totals over $50. So it wouldn't work for snacks, and some meals. We are getting the preferred-level AP (one in the party is all we need), in part because the AP discount is similar to the AAA discount, but applies to amounts less than $50 as well.

That is only for shopping, not food places. There is no minimum for food. There were only 2 of us and we used it all over - Confisco's, 3 Broomsticks, Circus McGurkis, Margaritaville, The Bread Box, and I think I used it at Fortesque's ice cream parlor one of the 5 times we were in there. It worked at quick service and sit down places.

my same experience

i have both passes and have used AAA for food costs.
when i go solo, it's well under $50 for food at a purchase.

You can get a 10% discount if you use an AmEx card as well. It doesn't work at all the restaurants though. It worked everywhere that I tried inside the parks. And shopping was 10% if you spend $50+, or 15% if you spend $75+.

The only place I had a problem was at the gyro place, they wanted me to go to guest services to register for the discount. We ate somewhere else that day. I wouldn't recommend that place anyway, it wasn't that good when we went back with a print out of where it says amex discount on the website.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter