How many ?

Jeez darren how long is a piece of string??

OK I'll have an educated guess on this basis.

I assume we are talking Disneyland Resort Anaheim.

I'm fairly sure that I read an article within the last 6 months saying that Australians are the second highest attendees behind Canadians at Anaheim. (The Poms thrash everyone else, bar the Yanks, at Orlando). And from memory the quoted figure was just shy of 100,000 Australians a year (94-96000).

That correlates to just under 2000 a week. Last time I was in Anaheim (Sep 2008), my hotel (Best Western Stovalls) had ..."over a dozen Aussies..." according to the front desk for the three days that I was there. Only a small sample albeit, but I reckon that the 2000 approx a week isn't far wrong.

Okay, I'll pull some stats out.

• Approx 6 million Aussies travel per year.
  • Of this amount, roughly 1/7th or somewhere between 0.75 to 1 million people travel to the US.
  • About 20 - 25% of these are business travellers. So lets say about 650K Aussies travel to the US for pleasure.
  • DLR roughly gets about 12 million visitors per year.

Making assumptions:
Let's say that 1 in 5 of the pleasure tourists would visit DLR; amounting to about 100 - 150K (in line with GrazingGoat's estimate).

So using a straight line average, at any one time, 1 in 100 people at DLR would be Australian.

Wow Thank you
Yes I meant Anaheim
I would never think that many Australians would be in Disneyland
I thought maybe 20 000 a year

So, when I'll be there (8th - 15th Jan), it's smack bang in the middle of the summer school holidays. Do you think the numbers for any given day in that period for Aussies at DL would be doubled, maybe tripled?!!!

Damn, and I wanted to feel special LOL.

So far, there's HeidiSpidi, her sister, her daughter and Luisa. I don't know how many are travelling in your party Luisa :confused3, but I'll assume at least 2 of you.

So a total of 5 Aussies in January and keeping to my straight line assumptions; this means you're looking at a crowd levels of 500 people for the day.

Gotta love my maths!! :rotfl2:

Damn, and I wanted to feel special LOL.

We visited WDW for 2 weeks last November and didn't appear to run into any Aussies during that time (I'm sure they were there, just not in our vicinity at any given time). Most Americans assumed we were from the UK and treated us as a bit of a novelty when they discovered our true origins.

We then spent the following 2 weeks at DL and Aussies and NZers were a dime a dozen.

We didn't feel quite so special those second two weeks.:lmao:

My friend's BIL and his wife and son will also be there same time as us. That takes the total up to 7 for that period...

Might see you around Luisa :-) We're staying at Hojo - look for a blonde, a brunette, and an 8 year old girl leading the way :rotfl:

We visited WDW for 2 weeks last November and didn't appear to run into any Aussies during that time (I'm sure they were there, just not in our vicinity at any given time). Most Americans assumed we were from the UK and treated us as a bit of a novelty when they discovered our true origins.

We then spent the following 2 weeks at DL and Aussies and NZers were a dime a dozen.

We didn't feel quite so special those second two weeks.:lmao:

Oh so true.
But generally I gotta say more and more are thinking more before they guess.
We used to ALWAYS get told we were from the UK. Mainly because we have no twang and speak a more 'proper' english.
But now we more often get....I KNOW you aren't English....but......hmmmm....
One guy tried to be more thoughtful saying New Zealand because he thought...well that is a 'better' guess. Because they are more 'left out' in the guessing ranks :lmao: :rotfl:

It is sort of like guessing Canadian rather than American...

PrincessinOz...I reckon your maths is pretty sound :yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter