How many times is too many?

It sounds at least a little bit as though your son is trying to establish his distance from you. That is never fun as a parent, but it might be an inevitable part of the process.

I am so, so sorry. It sounds like you worked so hard for your family in difficult circumstances. I wish they could appreciate and understand that. One of the gifts of adulthood is learning to understand how much our parents did for us (if we're lucky and had decent parents). But sometimes people just choose not to see that. Consider this a virtual hug.
Thank you. Deep down from my soul and heart.

Let's see - I just completed my 113th trip since buying into DVC in 1996. Before DVC - I'd have to guess around 80 times between 1971 and DVC purchase. 1971 to 1975 was once a year driving down from NJ. 75 - 82 was twice a year after my family moved to Florida. 1982 to 1990 was averaging 3 times a year. 1990 - 1994 I lived in California and was hitting Disneyland 10-15 times a year - but always on daily trips, never staying there since it was just an hour drive or so. 94-96 was back to 3 times a year, when DVC just seemed to make sense...and then it's been at least 4 times a year.

Is that enough to call it 'enough'? Doesn't look like it, since I've got March, June, and September booked already for this year, and sometime in December coming soon.

I have a few friends and family who have uttered or thought the 'Disney again?' question, but not as many as before. At least 2 family members and 3 friends have been converted after coming along and experiencing Disney more my way and not the way they always thought of it. Most of them now go there regularly too (even if not quite as often as me).

I don't tell anyone we are going. We go once a year and our grown children come with us. I have no desire to go more than once a year. But we have gone once a year since the 80s,

anything less than a million days is fine. Once you go over a million you might have a Disney problem..... Have fun and enjoy.... It's your money..... It's your life.

We decided we would go once a year (2 weeks) and more only if it wasn’t in place of another trip. We felt it was important to give our kids diverse experiences. They’ve travelled the world, but always come home to the place most special in our hearts- Disney.

What I tell people is:
Whoever pays the piper calls the music.
:rockband:
:charac2:
:mic:
:music:
If your family wants you to go on a vacation and they are willing to pay for it, go and have a great time on them. If you are paying for the trip you go where and when you choose to go.

How many times have you been? When did you finally say, "I'm done."

Done? Nope, not in my vocabulary. As many have said, this is my place. It's where I go to celebrate the good times, and where I want to be on my sad days. I'm blessed to be local-ish so I can run away anytime I want. My family is over it and so I do hear those words ALL THE TIME. Colleagues laugh at me when I explain I can't do meetings, or that I'm off camera and on mute because I'm currently in my happy place. Do I care? Nope. Everyone has their thing, they just don't realize it. I don't smoke, I don't buy coffee daily, I rarely eat out... any discretionary spending is basically on Disney stuff. It brings me joy. And keeps me young at heart. Others can be all stressed out and dull and cranky, but I'm going to keep going as long as my body holds out. I don't need to ride a single ride, I just want to be surrounded by the magic. Love Disney & love my Disney peeps who get this 🫶

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter