How many days can you book at once

Lakegirl

DIS Veteran
Is there a maximum of days that you can book at once? Does it only allow you to book 7 days and then you have to call yo add on more?

Is there a maximum of days that you can book at once? Does it only allow you to book 7 days and then you have to call yo add on more?
Depends. You can book a 14 day reservation as long as all the days are available. But at the 7 and 11 month thresholds, only the 7 forward days are available.

So at my 7 month mark I can only book 7 days, how/when can I book more?
Either add a day at a time, book 7 then wait X days to add the additional X days all at once, or wait until 11 months+length of stay, or 7 months+length of stay. Depending on the room, different approaches are called for. Obviously, at 7 months there aren't guarantees the dates will be available at all when adding the days or waiting. At 11, depends on the resort and room and all that.

A new change to on line booking will allow 30 days to be booked. BUT you have to wait until 10 months or 6 months. I understand you can book longer if you call.

BillPa. Thank you I had thought that I could book 7 at the 7 month mark and then call and they will add on the other days.

BillPa. Thank you I had thought that I could book 7 at the 7 month mark and then call and they will add on the other days.
This is true...As a pp stated. 7 days @ the 7 mos. mark. the following day you can add 1 more, & every subsequent day after that until you've reached the required amount. HTH..DizDad

The date of departure from WDW can never be more than 11 months at your home resort (or 7 months at another resort) plus seven days from the date on which you are trying to make a reservation or extend one that you already have. Otherwise, there is no limit to the number of days you can reserve at one time except that provided by the total number of points you have to use.

Thus, for example, from today, January 12, you could book at your home resort any length of vacation as long as the departure date from WDW is no later than December 19, and at a non-owned resort any length of vacation as long as the departure date is no later than August 19. And tomorrow you could call and add a day to either reservation as long as the new departure date is no later than Dec 20 or Aug 20, and a week from today, January 19, you could call and add days to the reservation as long as the resulting departure date is no later than Jan 26 or Aug 26.

The online system does limit you to booking no more than 30 days at once, but that is a system limitation not a DVC rule limitation.

Last edited:
Thank you. This next question may need another thread but I will start her. I want to book BCV (non home resort) August 17-25th. I have been watching since the beginning of the month each day at the 7 month mark become not available. How does this happen but not the days after? For example people are not just booking one day of vacation so why wouldn't the days after be showing as not available???? I hope I got my question actress correctly. Another question I have is if the day of my 7 month booking window if the first day is not available does that mean I cannot book the remaining 7???? Can I waitlist the first but book the remaining??? Sorry this is the first time trying to book at 7 months and thank you in advance,

Thank you. This next question may need another thread but I will start her. I want to book BCV (non home resort) August 17-25th. I have been watching since the beginning of the month each day at the 7 month mark become not available. How does this happen but not the days after? For example people are not just booking one day of vacation so why wouldn't the days after be showing as not available???? I hope I got my question actress correctly.
We really don't know. It could be that there is really only 1 or 2 villas left and those were gobbled up by those whose computers got there before yours did. It could also be a display quirk of the system. day that is missing.I personally believe it is the only 1 or 2 left reason.

Another question I have is if the day of my 7 month booking window if the first day is not available does that mean I cannot book the remaining 7???? Can I waitlist the first but book the remaining??? Sorry this is the first time trying to book at 7 months and thank you in advance,
The first night of your stay must be available for you to book the week. (7 nights. You can call the next day to add the 8th night. If that first night is not available, your only option at that points is to waitlist the first 7 nights of your vacation. You can try again the following day). I to book nights 2 - 8 of your planned vacation. f you are successful the second day, and book 7 nights, you can cancel the waitlist and submit another one for just the one night that is missing. If you are not successful, you can waitlist the entire 8 night trip at that point. (and keep trying to book nights for the latter part of your trip).

Thank you. This next question may need another thread but I will start her. I want to book BCV (non home resort) August 17-25th. I have been watching since the beginning of the month each day at the 7 month mark become not available. How does this happen but not the days after? For example people are not just booking one day of vacation so why wouldn't the days after be showing as not available????

The pattern you are seeing, where the day exactly 7 months out seems to fill daily while subsequent days do not, is a common occurrence with reservations and it has happened often with different rooms and times of year including at BCV, VGF, Poly, VGC and Aulani. Though I do not know the math behind it, I am told the pattern you are seeing with one day filling at a time at 7 months out has something to do with having limited availability and varying daily check in and check out numbers that exist for the rooms from those who already have reservations that add or take away availability for each day. Members whose computers are fast enough at 8 a.m. to get a room are getting more than the single day but only the day exactly 7 months out fills as a result.

If you can book 7 days now (or tomorrow am) then you may want to do that. I.e. Book Aug 13-20

Then every day you can call to "walk" by adding one day to the end and remove the 1st.

This 7 month walking doesn't guarantee you will get all days of your trip, but you would have 17-20 for sure, and 21-25 may be easier.

Somebody snagged the 16th &17th yesterday . I was busy at work and couldn't get on right at 8. Now the wait list game begins

Does anyone know when the policy of only being able to book 7 nights at the 11 month window changed. We used to book more then that in years past. Haven't done that in a couple years though. It's ridiculous that I now have to call back two more times to book two additional nights that I know I already want. Why can't I just be able to book all 9 nights at once? DVC support couldn't give a logical explanation.

Does anyone know when the policy of only being able to book 7 nights at the 11 month window changed. We used to book more then that in years past. Haven't done that in a couple years though. It's ridiculous that I now have to call back two more times to book two additional nights that I know I already want. Why can't I just be able to book all 9 nights at once? DVC support couldn't give a logical explanation.

There was never a time when you could book more than 7 nights at 11 months from date of arrival. The original rule that was in effect until June 2008 when the current rule was adopted, was that you could book no earlier than 11 months from date of departure from WDW. Under that rule you could book 9 nights at once but only if the date you were booking was nine nights later than 11 months out from date of arrival, and those with shorter trips could book full the room category you wanted before you tried to book. The current rule thus actually allows you to book sooner than you could before.

Last edited:
There was never a time when you could book more than 7 nights at 11 months from date of arrival. The original rule that was in effect until June 2008 when the current rule was adopted, was that you could book no earlier than 11 months from date of departure from WDW. Under that rule you could book 9 nights at once but only if the date you were booking was nine nights later than 11 months out from date of arrival. The new rule thus actually allows you to book sooner than you could before.

https://disneyvacationclub.disney.g.../Home_Resort_Rules_and_Regulations_052014.pdf

5. First Come, First Served Reservations. Reservation requests for DVC Resorts are taken on a first come, first served basis. All Vacation Homes are reserved on a space-available basis. To request a reservation at their Home Resort, Club Members may call Member Services or make a reservation online via the Member Website no earlier than eleven (11) months prior to the desired check in day for a reservation of up to seven (7) consecutive days after the desired check in day

Last edited:
https://disneyvacationclub.disney.g.../Home_Resort_Rules_and_Regulations_052014.pdf

5. First Come, First Served Reservations. Reservation requests for DVC Resorts are taken on a first come, first served basis. All Vacation Homes are reserved on a space-available basis. To request a reservation at their Home Resort, Club Members may call Member Services or make a reservation online via the Member Website no earlier than eleven (11) months prior to the desired check in day for a reservation of up to seven (7) consecutive days after the desired check in day

And before June 2008, which was also before you could make online reservations, that rule, Home Resort Rule III.5, read as follows:

5. First Come, First Served Reservations. Reservation requests for DVC Resorts are taken on a first come, first served basis. All Vacation Homes are reserved on a space-available basis. To request a reservation at their Home Resort, Club Members may call Member Services no earlier than eleven (11) months prior to their desired check-out day.

The pre-June 2008 rule for non-home resorts provided for reserving 7 months out from "desired check-out date."

When that prior rule was in effect some members also "walked" their reservations for highly desired room categories but in a different way from today. If they wanted, for example, a Dec 18 to 25 stay, they would first call on January 19 and reserve a trip for check-in on Dec 18 and check-out on Dec 19. They would then call daily and make a new reservation for each new night until they had all the nights they wanted, after which they would call MS and merge the reservaitons into one. However, walking did not always work, in that you might, for example, get the first three nights, and then lose the fourth because others doing similar to you called quicker than you at 9 a.m. when MS opened.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter