• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How many adults is comfy?

Tallent

DIS Veteran
We are a family of 3 (maybe 4 is ds' buddy comes along--tbd)--dh, myself, and ds 18. Initially we were in a deluxe studio and I was fine with the thought of us being in one room but now that I took advantage of the discount we are in a standard room and I'm concerned with space issues. We are requesting a king and then ds will take the pullout/drop down bed. If ds' friend comes along we'll definitely get another room for the boys but if not, it just seems like a lot for an 18year old to have their own room at poly --but heck, maybe I'll take it and have my own room :banana: . But really, space wise, are adults going to be bumping in to each other in a standard room? We are doing a split stay with the first 4 days at poly and the remaining 4 at CSR but there we booked 2 rooms.

I’ve done 4 adults at WDW deluxe. If you’re spending most of your day in the parks nbd. But, there will be a little relief all around when you get the 2 rooms at CSR. With only 3 adults you’ll be fine, especially given the size of Poly rooms.

Poly rooms are enormous, the biggest standard ones on property besides CR, I think you’ll be fine. Bathroom situation might be a little annoying though.

we stayed at the poly in September with our 13 year old son who is taller than I am as well as our 7 year old daughter. Everything was fine. I think having the daybed is nice with 3 adult sized people in the room.

I regularly have 3 (me and two adult daughters). It's fine. We mostly just sleep in the room and spend our resort time at the pool. If we added dh, I'd have to go to a moderate and get two rooms. He snores (loudly), doesn't like to get up and get to the parks early, etc. What I'm saying is it may not be a matter of the number of adults but who they are!

If you're only in the room to shower and sleep, who cares? But some people spend a lot of time in the room or snore or whatever. We have no idea how you travel.

Since our two kids entered high school we always reserved 2 rooms instead of 1. 2 Cabins on cruises instead of 1.

Yes, 4 adults can share a room, but, you asked if it's 'comfy.' 1 room is sharing, 2 rooms is 'comfy.'

You will be fine in the Poly room with you 3 (since you stated you would get a second room if DS's friend comes) . The rooms are really big and the bathrooms are spacious. We did the Poly when the kids were preteen/teen and it was plenty of room. I just made sure the kids showered at night to free up bathroom time in the morning.

Thank you everyone! Waiting to hear if the friend is coming in which case the second room is a definite. If it's just the three of us, I'm 90% sure we'll be fine in one room :-)

Since our two kids entered high school we always reserved 2 rooms instead of 1. 2 Cabins on cruises instead of 1.

Yes, 4 adults can share a room, but, you asked if it's 'comfy.' 1 room is sharing, 2 rooms is 'comfy.'
We, too, always opt for 2 rooms now that our boys are in high school (we actually started doing that when they were in jr. high). They were well over 6' tall back in 8th grade and each needed a separate bed (not to mention, this mama is NOT sharing a bathroom with teen boys, just no)! Whenever our kids go with to WDW now, we end up renting a 2br DVC so that we have privacy/room to spread out.

As for bathroom layouts, I like the bathroom layout at YC, where the toilet/shower is closed off from the sinks, so that if someone is showering, the entire bathroom isn't shut off from those who may need to brush/shave/etc, like the bathrooms at the Poly are.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter