How long after AP codes come out do General codes come out?

Liz, I am in the same boat as you. I am hoping not to have to shell out the cash for a AAA membership!

DMRick said:
I know lots were saying the rooms are full, there wouldn't be AP's, now some are saying, won't be general codes...however, my email this morning said, because I held an AP, they were offering me the discounts first. First over who? I would think first over the general codes.

I posted this same thought on the thread in which someone posted the email letter. IF the letter went to all passholders and "passholders" were getting the discount first......seems to me that someone is getting it next.

i booked with the AP but would love to switch to general and not have to worry about an AP.

robsmom said:
I posted this same thought on the thread in which someone posted the email letter. IF the letter went to all passholders and "passholders" were getting the discount first......seems to me that someone is getting it next.

i booked with the AP but would love to switch to general and not have to worry about an AP.

I got the e-mail as well, but I interpreted the "get it first..." thing as offering it to current AP holders before it becomes generally known to everyone, and then having people buy APs to get the deal. Who knows though?

PP pointed out that I could buy an AP to save. I really wish it would help me out but were only planning on trying on-site for the last 4 days of vacation since when we arrive it is still peak season and simply wont pay rack for those days. Wayyy overpriced....especially since we've never stayed onsite. If sometime we stay onsite and "fall in love" like it seems most do then I guess we'd have to pay rack. But at least then we would know how much better it is to stay onsite and be willing to pay the price....if it even is(to us any way).....its unknown to us having never been though my sis & hubby (kids too) who go at least once a year sometimes twice and have stayed in practically every resort except I think values, Swear by staying onsite and assure me once I do I will be hooked, that I will love it.

ok, I have a question- let's say the codes DO come out... then what do I do? I (think I) know where to find them, but I'm new here, and haven't been to WDW since I was 12. I just booked a room at ASMo through Dreams Unlimited with a AAA discount, so do I tell them about the code, or do I call Disney? Like most of us, we're on a strict budget and could use all the help we can get!! What if I hadn't booked yet (or want to book our next trip), then how would I go about it? Do the rooms disappear before you can get through to book them? Thanks for your help! :wizard:

AAA Discounted package 6 nights in May with basic dining and park plus tickets (YC) for a family of five = $3679

Here's what it comes out to if I buy AP (which I'll never use again)

AP $420.68
YC with AP discount $1565
Park tickets for rest of family $709
Disney Discount Dining Card $50 (20% off meals)

Total $2745....We'll spend about 600 on food (eating breakfast in the room and $100 a day on food) so total is $3345...we save $300 using AP...now if general codes come out we'll be even a bit better....

Tara

my email this morning said, because I held an AP, they were offering me the discounts first. First over who? I would think first over the general codes.

And I would think first over Florida Residents. Which means that their discount will be the exact same as the AP one.

Disney will take care of Florida Residents BEFORE the general public.

Last year while waiting for late fall codes it seemed like the AP and Fl resident codes came out first...then the general codes. Keep your fingers crossed... princess: pirate: :earboy2:

The Florida code is EWZ and will work tomorrow.So I guess the general rates will come out soon after.

I played this insane game for a trip last Sept. The general codes come out FIRST. I remember this because I booked the general code at first. Then when the AP rates came out, I called to change to that. The CM said, "You already have a discount. What are are calling for?" :confused3

420.00 for an AP-OMG I never realized how much I was saving on APs being a FL resident.
I think FL ressie codes will be out tomorrow and than maybe in a couple of days the general public will get there share. Sending everyone some pixie dust that it happens.

madonna31 said:
And I would think first over Florida Residents. Which means that their discount will be the exact same as the AP one.

Disney will take care of Florida Residents BEFORE the general public.

That's exactly what I was thinking after reading the clause at the bottom of my email today. First AP holders, which also include FL AP holders, then FL residents.

I was also very curious, if AP holders are getting value resorts for $25 off of the $99 room, making it $74, what in the world will they offer as general codes....? $10 off, hardly worth it IMHO. Just a thought.

This website just posted that new AP discount codes till was it 7/4/5.
Does anyone know the prices.

yeah i dont know how low the prices will be after the general code :confused3
but i guess any extra bucks is worth it! :cool1:

i'll at least be able to get extra disney cups! hehe :rotfl: :

Brendita said:
This website just posted that new AP discount codes till was it 7/4/5.
Does anyone know the prices.

* Value Resorts (All Stars and Pop Century) - $74 standard
* Moderate Resorts - $104 standard
* Wilderness Lodge - $156 standard, $170 woods view
* Animal Kingdom Lodge - $199 savannah view
* Contemporary - $199 garden wing standard view, $317 tower
* Beach Club/Boardwalk/Yacht Club - $271 garden view
* Polynesian - $287 garden view
* Other resorts, room types and views are available at varying prices!

I believe those are the correct prices. I pulled it from Mary's site on mousesavers. These are AP prices from the last discount, but I believe with the new code it's the same. Someone correct me please if I'm wrong.

sleepycor said:
yeah i dont know how low the prices will be after the general code :confused3
but i guess any extra bucks is worth it! :cool1:

i'll at least be able to get extra disney cups! hehe :rotfl: :

ITA

The savings may not be great, but they'll cover a few extra treats. :mickeybar :mickeybar

My only experience was with the Winter Code special that they had. The AP rates came out a week or two AFTER the BDP code expired on Dec. 1. At least that's when I became aware of the AP rate and changed my ressie. Maybe the recent ad campaign has increased room bookings. I guess a lot of people like dogs;)

I heard if you book the 7 nights 6 day pkg you couldnt apply the code to that.
I also book another 5 days. We could save $300.00.

But if we cant apply a general code to the pkg wed still save $100.00

That would be nice!

Liz said:
I'm hoping for a general code (or Disney VISA). Right now I have an AAA rate. I'd be happy if a general code matched that because then I wouldn't have to fork out $65 to join AAA. Not too hopeful though.

I'm surprised they gave you the AAA rate without a AAA card. I booked last week and got the AAA rate, but had to let the CM know my membership #. I'm thinking you got lucky.

As someone else has said, paying $65 for a AAA membership is a good thing. There are lots of benefits associated with a AAA membership - discounts WDW Park tickets for one, the piece of mind of knowing if you need a car or a jump start or a tire changed, you can call a toll-free # and someone will come and rescue you. Not to mention the huge discount on eyeglasses and eye exams at Lenscrafters. In fact, we have three memberships in our household -- one for me, one for my hubby, and one for our daughter in college. It is well-worth the $100 I spend for these memberships every year. :earsgirl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter