How I Survived 11 Days at WDW with a Disney-Resistant Husband **2/20 THE END **

Souvenirs

Before I write my final installment later today, I thought I would just quickly show you what we purchased in souvenirs this trip. The kids' biggest highlight this trip were their landyards and pins. This was the 1st trip we had ever pin traded and they loved it.

In addition to the pins, I picked up a couple small things for the kids and for myself for Christmas gifts. (I am not big on buying a lot of gifts or presents throughout the year for no reason...I prefer to save them for Christmas gifts, getting my December to-do list whittled down in the process.;))

First off, both kids got some Disney drawing books. I don't have a photo of them, but they are a decent price and an awesome gift for any would-be artists. My kids love these and found them under the tree at Christmas.

Declan also received a 2nd complete monorail set to expand the track on the one he had (and a 2nd monorail to add to the track...now we have two monorails that loop simultaneously). He also received the Contemporary Hotel which the monorails travel through. Once again, these were Christmas gifts.

I also bought Declan some monorail accessories, as well as some transportation buses and ride vehicles:

IMG_6404.jpg

IMG_6406.jpg

I usually always buy Katie some books from the wonderful shops in France in Epcot, and this trip was no exception.

IMG_6382.jpg

IMG_6383.jpg

IMG_6384.jpg

I also bought her this beautifully illustrated book from the Princess and the Frog:

IMG_6385.jpg

IMG_6387.jpg

And some pens and notebook and a cute bag from the Mitsukoshi store in Japan:

IMG_6389.jpg

IMG_6403.jpg

For myself, I bought some mickey head post-it notes:

IMG_6390.jpg

A thick and wonderful Imagineering book:

IMG_6391.jpg

IMG_6392.jpg

IMG_6394.jpg

And a Disney Treasures anthology that is absolutely incredible.

IMG_6396.jpg

IMG_6397.jpg

Here is the product description from amazon: Selected from the vast archives of The Walt Disney Company, this historic collection includes handwritten letters and notes of Walt's, rare character sketches from the 1930s and 1940s, replicas of Disneyland's opening- day tickets, photos, movie theater programs, comic strips, greeting cards, commissary menus, and other treasures, reproduced in facsimile form. Many of these special features are designed to be removable so readers can touch and hold masterfully reproduced bits of history. In addition, the book comes with a 60-minute CD that features previously unheard audio of Walt Disney, radio commercials from the 1950s, and never-before-released sound tracks from the parks' most popular attractions.

And finally, a DVD showing the history and development of Walt Disney World.

IMG_6398.jpg

Once again, all of these gifts were put away as soon as we got home and ultimately found their way beneath our Christmas tree in December.

However, the one gift that I purchased for myself and actually used in the Parks at the end of our trip, and once again in October was this little Mickey head bag.

IMG_6414.jpg

IMG_6420.jpg

It is a great park bag.:)

Final Thoughts

I admit...I started this trip with some fairly unrealistic expectations.

Although Chris had never given me reason to believe that he was a closet Disney-fanatic just wanting to be released, I was so hopeful that experiencing the magic of staying on property and the nighttime shows and fireworks for the first time, and all of the other wonderful things we got to see, do and experience this trip was finally going to convert him. Well, I was wrong. Chris likes Disney and the Parks, but in much smaller doses than me, and certainly not to the same level as me.

At the end of the day though, with all the highs and lows, this was still a wonderful trip. One of the best moments I have ever experienced at Walt Disney World was from this trip, during our last night at Stormalong Bay. That is a memory that I will treasure and keep with me forever.:love: And there were plenty of other great times and happy memories.:goodvibes

After our May trip, I assumed that Chris would be sitting out further Disney trips for awhile. However, every once in awhile he will throw me a curve ball. It must have been the combination of getting another week at a DVC property gifted from his mother, and the fact that we wanted to share a trip to Disney with our close friends. Whatever the reason, he has once again signed up for another 11 day trip in October. This time going in I have much more realistic expectations. I do not expect to convert him, nor do I necessarily expect that he will be joining us on every park outing. Likewise, I expect that the addition of our good friends will also change some of our trip experiences. I expect that at least once or twice during the trip, Andrea & I may leave the kids and guys back at the pool to venture out for some shopping and/or food and wine experiences on our own.

I am already getting excited about our upcoming trip, and look forward to sharing more details about it in my pre-trip report Here. (As you can see, I got really creative on the title this time.:laughing:)

Thank you all so much for following and reliving my trip memories and experiences along with me. Til next time...;)

Thank you so much for sharing your story with us and I have loved all the moments you have written. I have both my son the same monorial toys for this past Christmas present except for the CR tower (I think I'll get that next Christmas). I can't wait to came along to your Oct TR.
Thanks again for your AMAZING TR...love it!!

I really enjoyed your TR, even though I got in towards the end. Fun souvies! congrats on booking a future trip!

Really enjoyed your report. Thanks for sharing. :goodvibes Lots of ups and downs, but sounds like you learned a lot that will make your upcoming trip even better! Heading over to that PTR now.

Love all your souvenirs! Did you find the prices on the books to be the same on Amazon versus at the World?

I love those ride vehicle car sets. I am thinking one of those will be making their way home with us this trip.

Excellent final thoughts too - just with knowing what you know now from this trip, your next trip will be better. So glad Chris agreed to another 11 days! :yay: Headed over to the PTR now!

Actually...it is not that critical in my opinion to have the best seat in the house for the HOB Gospel Brunch. Most of the tables have reasonable views, and of course, everyone will be able to hear the music. I wouldn't let that stop you! But of course, it is always nice to have something to look forward to for the next trip, isn't it?:)

Very good point about the seats! I'm going to keep it in the back of my mind, ya never know...otherwise, yes, next trip! :thumbsup2

It has been a most wonderful ride, glad to see that you have another report started. I will hopping over to that one as well.

My DH will never enjoy Disney as much as I, but I don't care. He will go if I insist & after the trip he has to admit that he enjoyed it, especially the dining plan! :lmao:

The October trip wil be great, the guys can watch the children while the women can enjoy some great times on their own.

Trish, I'm glad your trip ended on such a high note! That bus picture of your two sweeties is adorable. I'm so glad I get to hop right over to a new PTR!!

(Guess what? We were going to be offsite at Windsor Hills for our upcoming trip in April, and are now going to be at the Poly for the week!! :banana: I'm so excited and thought you would understand! :love:)

Looking forward to another amazing report!! Thanks for sharing your family and the ups and downs with us!

Sara

Trish,
I loved reading about your trip even though every moment didn't go as planned :goodvibes. I loved all the souvenirs you picked up! I'm so happy you are going back in October :banana: maybe our dates will overlap. We going over the kids fall break from school. They have a 4 day weekend so we are going to pull them out of school the other 3 days. We are hoping to stay at Poly or maybe Beach Club. I can't wait to hear what you will plan for your next trip.

Thanks for sharing your trip. I really enjoyed your highs, not so much the lows, and seeing your family pictures. Looking forward to your next one! princess::upsidedow

I always enjoy seeing what everyone brings home from the parks. I really like that Imagineering book. We made need that one.

Thanks for sharing your trip with us! Headed over to your PTR now!

Great report, Trish!
I may have to look into getting some of those books in August.
And I'm happy that your trip ended on a positive note. I'm sure your next trip will be completely different, especially since you're traveling with friends.

:lovestruc Loved your report Trish!:thumbsup2

Thanks so much for sharing yourself, your beautiful family and this great trip report with us. You are a super sweet, extremely patient woman...I could learn a thing or two from you.:goodvibes I almost hate to see it end but I am excited about your new PTR...you will be seeing me over there. :)
You have inspired me to try the HOB Gospel Brunch next trip...it sounds delicious and fun.

TTFN:wave2:
Darlene

So sad your trip report is over. I have thoroughly enjoyed reading this. But congrats and yay on another 11 night trip for you and your family! Enjoy all the planning.

I am now going to head over and read your PTR, my first PTR as I usually only read the actual reports.

You got some great souvies Trish, I really love the books!

I'm so glad that you decided to go ahead and write this report, there were many more good points than bad. Thanks for sharing, you have a beautiful family!!

Heading over to check out the PTR now :thumbsup2

Thanks for the report! Loved the pictures, want to come along with us for our April trip and play photographer:banana:

We are staying at the BC so the kids and I enjoyed the pool pictures. Can't wait!

Thank you so much for sharing your story with us and I have loved all the moments you have written. I have both my son the same monorial toys for this past Christmas present except for the CR tower (I think I'll get that next Christmas). I can't wait to came along to your Oct TR.
Thanks again for your AMAZING TR...love it!!

Thank you so much!:goodvibes I think you will like the addition of the Contemporary to your monorail set. And, I have to say that adding the second monorail set really added to our set. It has more twists and turns now and the track is a lot more interesting. We also have Katie's Castle which we place in the middle of the track.

Chris laughs that even in his own home, he can't get away from the Magic Kingdom.:rotfl:

Thank you for sharing your trip :goodvibes off to read the new PTR!

Emma princess: x

Thank you Emma! Glad you will be joining me on the PTR! :)

I really enjoyed your TR, even though I got in towards the end. Fun souvies! congrats on booking a future trip!

Thank you!:goodvibes

Really enjoyed your report. Thanks for sharing. :goodvibes Lots of ups and downs, but sounds like you learned a lot that will make your upcoming trip even better! Heading over to that PTR now.

Thanks so much...look forward to seeing you on the PTR!;)

Great wrap-up and so happy to be able to jump right over to a new PTR! :goodvibes

Thanks Christine!:)

Love all your souvenirs! Did you find the prices on the books to be the same on Amazon versus at the World?

I love those ride vehicle car sets. I am thinking one of those will be making their way home with us this trip.

Excellent final thoughts too - just with knowing what you know now from this trip, your next trip will be better. So glad Chris agreed to another 11 days! :yay: Headed over to the PTR now!

I can't remember for certain, but the books were fairly pricy. I think in the $70 range for the anthology and perhaps $40 something for the other one. Perhaps they are on the Disney online store under the theme park merchandise. I bought mine at the Yacht Club's giftstore. They were completely sold out of them at the Beach Club, which I suspect gets more traffic.

It has been a most wonderful ride, glad to see that you have another report started. I will hopping over to that one as well.

My DH will never enjoy Disney as much as I, but I don't care. He will go if I insist & after the trip he has to admit that he enjoyed it, especially the dining plan! :lmao:

The October trip wil be great, the guys can watch the children while the women can enjoy some great times on their own.

You know...I think you are right about this upcoming trip. It certainly will be nice having a close girlfriend join me on what are typically my evening solo adventures after everyone else is gone to bed.;) However, Andrea doesn't burn it from both ends as much as I do when in WDW. I wish I had the stamina in real life as I do when in Disney!:laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter