How I Survived 11 Days at WDW with a Disney-Resistant Husband **2/20 THE END **

I'm glad the trip concluded on such a high note! The brunch sounds really cool! For some reason I tend to forget HOB is even an option.

That Guerlain presentation was something else. Mostly painful b/c the presenter was so clearly nervous and uncomfortable speaking in front of people. Poor woman. Although the subject didn't exactly have a tie to F&W, did it? :laughing: I will say though that that "back area" in France is one of my favorite places to take my slushie and go sit for a few minutes and the store seems to be doing an ok business. Something for everyone, I guess!

The picture of the kids sleeping on the plane is adorable. We all know how exhausting a WDW vacation can be!! :)

What a great last day! And you packed in quite a bit.
The Gospel Brunch sounds like a fun, unique experience.
I love that Tinkerbell was able to say goodbye. ;)

I'm so glad you ended the trip on a high note, that Gospel Brunch sounds awesome! I've never even thought of going to House of Blues, another Disney restaurant to add to the list!

Your Tinkerbell comment to the kids put a big smile on my face too :goodvibes

Looking forward to hearing about the plans for your next trip!

Love that you enjoyed your brunch! I'm hoping to get there next trip - thank you for the detailed review!

And, what a great idea to book the bounce back offer! Looking forward to hearing your final thoughts on the trip :)

amazing updates, I loved the outfits on the last night out. Thanks for taking us along thru your journey...I have enjoyed following

Oh, I am SO happy that your last day turned out well! That gospel brunch sounds amazing. Is it an actual show or just singing? I'm intrigued!

What a good mom you are to have explained that special light as Tinker Bell saying goodbye! So sweet. I do something similar for my DD's while we're at Disney...Tinker Bell gives them little treats each night while they sleep and she leaves pixie dust behind to prove she's been there! It's usually just little trinkets or candy but they really think it's from Tinker Bell!

And I love this pic, look at those shiny happy little faces!
IMG_6237.jpg

It seems that overall, there were more high points than low. Too bad the low ones were your 1st and last night though!:laughing: Looking forward to your next trip Trish, this TR was ultra fab IMO!:thumbsup2:goodvibes

I absolutely love that picture of your kids-- you can tell just how happy they are! I'm glad you enjoyed the brunch so much!

Totally enjoyed this trip report. :thumbsup2 Will you continue on this thread or start a new one? If so can you post that link to the last post on this one? THANKS :goodvibes I think you now have followers. ;)

I'm SO happy that the brunch was a success!!!! It certainly was a trip filled with ups and downs.
Do you think you'll do another family trip to Disney? Or just DH-free trips in the future?

Amanda

I'm happy to hear that trip at least ended on a good note, the Brunch sounds amazing, although too bad that they've discontinued the Epcot one. We were able to attend the mother's day brunch at the Disneyland Hotel in 2009 and while pricey, it was an amazing experience.

That's an adorable picture of your kids, and I love the tinkerbell story.

Hopefully you guys will have a trip in the future to make up for the moments that didn't turn out so well on this one:goodvibes

Great DTD pictures and more superb pictures of your kids. They are seriously two of the most photogenic kids I have ever seen and their goodbye smiles are so endearing. (Love that tinkerbell line).

I really think I am going to add the Gospel Brunch to my list of things I really want to do on future visits. Thanks for the endorsement. Its great to know the food is good and since I play church music every week (boring catholic church music - lol) I think I would love it. We recently had a gospel choir at once of our masses and it was fantastic. I loved it. Funny - I noticed people either loved it or they didn't.

That line about you and Christine had me :rotfl2:

Can't wait to hear about your future plans.

Awww...thank you!:goodvibes

And yes, you really should put the Gospel Brunch on the to-do list. But go hungry!:laughing:

I am so sad that your trip report has come to an end as I've enjoyed it immensely!!! Your candid retelling of your story was just so refreshing and your highs and lows every wife and mother could relate to at some point in all of our trips;) You certainly had many experiences between all the resorts and restaurants that you either stayed at or ate at and I enjoyed hearing about every one of them! Thanks so much for taking the time to put them all in writing for us readers:thumbsup2 I hope I'll get the opportunity to read another TR from you on a future trip. :woohoo:

Thank you so very much.:) And yes, I will likely end up doing a TR for our trip in the fall. No one in my house likes to relive trip memories as much as Dissers do!;)

I'm glad the trip concluded on such a high note! The brunch sounds really cool! For some reason I tend to forget HOB is even an option.

That Guerlain presentation was something else. Mostly painful b/c the presenter was so clearly nervous and uncomfortable speaking in front of people. Poor woman. Although the subject didn't exactly have a tie to F&W, did it? :laughing: I will say though that that "back area" in France is one of my favorite places to take my slushie and go sit for a few minutes and the store seems to be doing an ok business. Something for everyone, I guess!

The picture of the kids sleeping on the plane is adorable. We all know how exhausting a WDW vacation can be!! :)

Yikes Christine: In mentioning the highlights from our October trip, I forgot a very important one...meeting Jamie Dean.:goodvibes Now we get to fight over whether he will be there during your F&W weekend or mine.:laughing: Let's hope he does both!;)

What a great last day! And you packed in quite a bit.
The Gospel Brunch sounds like a fun, unique experience.
I love that Tinkerbell was able to say goodbye. ;)

Thank you!:goodvibes

I'm so glad you ended the trip on a high note, that Gospel Brunch sounds awesome! I've never even thought of going to House of Blues, another Disney restaurant to add to the list!

Your Tinkerbell comment to the kids put a big smile on my face too :goodvibes

Looking forward to hearing about the plans for your next trip!

Thanks Michelle. Isn't it great always having a large number of wonderful Disney restaurants to choose from?:)

Love that you enjoyed your brunch! I'm hoping to get there next trip - thank you for the detailed review!

And, what a great idea to book the bounce back offer! Looking forward to hearing your final thoughts on the trip :)

Thank you!:)

amazing updates, I loved the outfits on the last night out. Thanks for taking us along thru your journey...I have enjoyed following

Thanks so much for posting.:goodvibes

Oh, I am SO happy that your last day turned out well! That gospel brunch sounds amazing. Is it an actual show or just singing? I'm intrigued!

What a good mom you are to have explained that special light as Tinker Bell saying goodbye! So sweet. I do something similar for my DD's while we're at Disney...Tinker Bell gives them little treats each night while they sleep and she leaves pixie dust behind to prove she's been there! It's usually just little trinkets or candy but they really think it's from Tinker Bell!

It seems that overall, there were more high points than low. Too bad the low ones were your 1st and last night though!:laughing: Looking forward to your next trip Trish, this TR was ultra fab IMO!:thumbsup2:goodvibes

Thank you so much. That really means a lot. I am glad you enjoyed it.:hug:

I absolutely love that picture of your kids-- you can tell just how happy they are! I'm glad you enjoyed the brunch so much!

Thank you! I really think that is one of my favorite photos of them.:goodvibes

I also love that picture of your kids! That feeling is why we all keep going back!

Thanks!:hug:

Can you believe that they have already started knocking them down?! How sad is that? Someone posted a photo of what it looks like now: http://twitpic.com/3whsya :eek:

So sad your trip has come to an end! Hopefully you have something new on the horizon! :)

Those twitter photos from Lou are so sad!:sad2: I almost wished I hadn't looked. All I can say is they better come through with plans for a pretty good replacement!;)

Totally enjoyed this trip report. :thumbsup2 Will you continue on this thread or start a new one? If so can you post that link to the last post on this one? THANKS :goodvibes I think you now have followers. ;)

Thank you! I will be sure and post a link later this week.;)

I'm SO happy that the brunch was a success!!!! It certainly was a trip filled with ups and downs.
Do you think you'll do another family trip to Disney? Or just DH-free trips in the future?

Amanda

Thanks Amanda. And yes, we are certainly all set to do a trip with the whole family in the fall for F&W. Already looking forward to it!:)

I'm happy to hear that trip at least ended on a good note, the Brunch sounds amazing, although too bad that they've discontinued the Epcot one. We were able to attend the mother's day brunch at the Disneyland Hotel in 2009 and while pricey, it was an amazing experience.

That's an adorable picture of your kids, and I love the tinkerbell story.

Hopefully you guys will have a trip in the future to make up for the moments that didn't turn out so well on this one:goodvibes

Glad to hear you had a great Mothers' Day brunch in Disneyland. Hopefully their prices were more reasonable than that TIW one!!!:scared1:

The HOB Gospel Brunch sounds awesome! I've wanted to book that so many times, but just haven't - now I'm wishing I would have for this upcoming trip! But we'd surely end up with awful seats this late in the game...if anything at all is still available. Sigh. Next trip!!!

Your Tinkerbell comment to the kids, along with that adorable picture of them, made me tear up. What a perfect, wonderful, magical way to end your trip!!!! And WOO-HOO for an uneventful flight, those are the best kind...and when the kids sleep...ahhhhhh! (and how very nice that you get to relax during the flights! :thumbsup2)

I thoroughly enjoyed your trip report!! I just caught up with your last two installments. It was good to see both perspectives (those that LOVE Disney and the magic and those that don't quite get it). Luckily my family loves Disney, but unfortunately we seem to be on the '5 year plan' - 2000, 2005, 2010. Last time we said we would go back in two years, but other vacations (good ones!) got in the way! I really want to go back soon. Being prepared, using guidebooks and this site has made for adding so much to our WDW vacations! I will be looking forward to your next trip report!

Kerry

Look at that picture! It's so beautiful....cutest kiddies!!! Happy Valentine's Day!!

Thanks Queen! Hope you had a nice one!:goodvibes

The HOB Gospel Brunch sounds awesome! I've wanted to book that so many times, but just haven't - now I'm wishing I would have for this upcoming trip! But we'd surely end up with awful seats this late in the game...if anything at all is still available. Sigh. Next trip!!!

Your Tinkerbell comment to the kids, along with that adorable picture of them, made me tear up. What a perfect, wonderful, magical way to end your trip!!!! And WOO-HOO for an uneventful flight, those are the best kind...and when the kids sleep...ahhhhhh! (and how very nice that you get to relax during the flights! :thumbsup2)

Actually...it is not that critical in my opinion to have the best seat in the house for the HOB Gospel Brunch. Most of the tables have reasonable views, and of course, everyone will be able to hear the music. I wouldn't let that stop you! But of course, it is always nice to have something to look forward to for the next trip, isn't it?:)

I thoroughly enjoyed your trip report!! I just caught up with your last two installments. It was good to see both perspectives (those that LOVE Disney and the magic and those that don't quite get it). Luckily my family loves Disney, but unfortunately we seem to be on the '5 year plan' - 2000, 2005, 2010. Last time we said we would go back in two years, but other vacations (good ones!) got in the way! I really want to go back soon. Being prepared, using guidebooks and this site has made for adding so much to our WDW vacations! I will be looking forward to your next trip report!

Kerry

Thank you so much for your comments. I really appreciate it!:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter