How far in advance should you book tours?

Missyrose

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone. Planning is well underway for our January 2013 trip and one of the things on the itinerary is the Keys to the Kingdom tour for DBF's birthday. :woohoo:

I know that tour bookings open 180 days out, but how far in advance do you need to book? And also, do they charge you at the time of booking or when you actually take the tour?

Thanks all! And if anyone who has taken the tour would like to share their review, I'd love to hear it. :goodvibes

I went on the Keys to the Kingdom tour on my 29th birthday with my twin sister. We had a wonderful time and felt it was well worth the money. Our cast member was very informative with a great sense of humor. Have a wonderful time! We used AAA discount when booking so use it if you have it. For our 40th (in 2017) we are going to Disneyland.

Hi. I booked two tours for August back in February. I'm not sure how far in advance I really needed to book but they are part of my son's 16th birthday celebration trip so I wanted to make sure I was able to get into the days I wanted. I was charged for both tours when I booked them. I was told that there was a 48-hour cancellation window, so you could change your mind. Also, there are discounts available. I was able to pay with my Disney Visa and get a discount.

Definitely go ahead and book it as soon as you are ready. It's a great tour! I hope you both have a great time.

Just this past week I book the KTTK tour for me and DH for October 15/12. The 8:30 tour was full, but we were able to get into the 9 am group. I was told to arrive 15 minutes early to get our name tags. Yes, I had to pay at the time of booking. We're really looking forward to this part of our trip.

Thanks everyone! I'll probably just book it sometime in the next few weeks so we get the day/time that we want. It sounds like we'll have a really good time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter