• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How Far in Advance Do You Book Your Room?

TINK61

<font color=teal>I need a vacation to rest from my
I'm planning a trip to WDW for November, 2004. This is my favorite time to go to WDW, but since we just returned from a Universal trip, I'm afraid I will have to wait it out until next year.

I'd like to book a room at the Pop Century for next year. How far in advance are reservations accepted?
Thanks.

Missing the Mouse!

They book years and years in advance. Book now so you get what you want. I'm sure they already have quite a bit booked.

I'd like to book a room at the Pop Century for next year. How far in advance are reservations accepted?
I was told something different than the previous poster:

When I called to make my reservation, I asked the CM that exact question. They told me you can book 2 years out.

I'd suggest making a call to Disney just to make sure though.
CM's do give different answers to the same questions. :rolleyes:

Diznee25 :)

Edit: Whatever the case though, you are roughly a year and a half away, so you can book anytime. I'd at least book 7 months in advance, especially if you're going out Thanksgiving week.

Thanks. I'll call and speak to a CM. I just want to have something in place - to look forward to - even if it is a long way off. :(

Tink61,
I'll call and speak to a CM. I just want to have something in place - to look forward to - even if it is a long way off.
I know what you mean! I booked my ressie last December for December 2003, a year out. With a reservation, I have concrete plans and that feels great, even at a year out!

Have a magical Disney day :)
Diznee25

I booked my July 2004 ressie in February 2003...it's never too early!!:)

I book a year out. Then I have a year to pay it off!

We are planning to go in Late Oct. 2004. Hopefully we will decide where to dtay and book by the middle of August

When I called to ask how far in advance they accept reservations the CM told me that they accept reservations 10 years in advance. Honestly I do not see how they could do this due to price changes or there must be some stipulation for the advance reservation made that far out. I did not get into that.

You can book up to ten years in advance at the current rack rate at the time of booking and when your dates become available, they're modified with whatever the current rate at that time is. I booked my reservations last December for 8/14/04, about a year and a half in advance.

We booked our reservation for the millenium (12/28/99 - 1/2/00) in 1983, more than 16 years in advance. The policies may have changed since then, and the rate adjusted over time so that we paid the prevailing rates at the time of our stay.

for next year while we were staying in it this year!

My friend just booked her Dolphin stay today for 6/04. There is a sense of relief once you have booked and know that the price can only go down not up! I'd rather have too much money saved then not enough.

You can book up to ten years in advance at the current rack rate at the time of booking and when your dates become available, they're modified with whatever the current rate at that time is.

Why would the average vactioner want to book ten years in advance anyway?:confused:
If one books a resort at $120 per night, 10 years from then it would increase to $220 per night. (Assuming rack rate increases $10 per year.)

Oh well, to each his own....

I book early. As soon as the AAA codes were released for 2004, I booked through CRO. That way, when better codes come out, I already have my room and just apply the better code.

It doesn't suprise me that are willing to take your money ten years out--for ten years they have your money interest free.

Maybe it is because I am a FL resident, but I booked WL on 6/1/03 for 7/7/03. All requests were kept and I had no complaints.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter