How far in advance can you book Universal hotels?

beachblanket

DIS Veteran
Last Sunday, I searched for for a site that would allow me to make reservations at RP, HRH or Portofino for President's Day week in 2/2008.

I tried the Universal sites, Loews, and every major hotel search engine you can think of. All came back saying "This property is unavailable for your requested dates."

Assuming this might be a general block due to window bookings not being open yet, I tried searching for dates for all three hotels across all of January, and got the same message.

Since I absolutely cannot believe that all three hotels are already completely sold out for the first 9 weeks of next year, I assume the Universal properties don't allow you to reserve less than 10 months out? That is really strange - does Universal think no one plans vacations in advance?!??!

Actually, it's not so strange. Many hotels/resorts have reservation systems that only allow them to book 300 days in advance.

That being said, 300 days from now would be January 28, 2008, and they don't have availability that far out yet, at least online. Try calling them on 888-273-1311 and see if they just haven't loaded the dates yet. But, honestly, USF is not like WDW. You don't need to book 18 months in advance over here on the dark side. :)

Actually, it's not so strange. Many hotels/resorts have reservation systems that only allow them to book 300 days in advance.

That being said, 300 days from now would be January 28, 2008, and they don't have availability that far out yet, at least online. Try calling them on 888-273-1311 and see if they just haven't loaded the dates yet. But, honestly, USF is not like WDW. You don't need to book 18 months in advance over here on the dark side. :)

There's certainly no need to book that far in advance at WDW resorts either. Of course, it does seem that the WDW people tend to be more obessive about planning way in advance. I should know, I'm one of them. :)

There's certainly no need to book that far in advance at WDW resorts either.

If you want space during prime holiday seasons (Xmas, Easter) and/or the scarce, cherry picked accomodations like lagoon views at the Poly or Boardwalk views at the Boardwalk, you most certainly do need to book 10+ months out!!!

As example, I'm a DVC owner who just booked a Boardwalk view 2BR villa for President's Day week next year. In order to secure that, I had to call DVC reservations the moment they opened at 9am on a day by day basis starting exactly at the date of the opening of the 11 month reservation window (the earliest point at which DVC members can reserve). Why?

Because those accomodations are gone within an hour of that window opening!!

If you want space during prime holiday seasons (Xmas, Easter) and/or the scarce, cherry picked accomodations like lagoon views at the Poly or Boardwalk views at the Boardwalk, you most certainly do need to book 10+ months out!!!

As example, I'm a DVC owner who just booked a Boardwalk view 2BR villa for President's Day week next year. In order to secure that, I had to call DVC reservations the moment they opened at 9am on a day by day basis starting exactly at the date of the opening of the 11 month reservation window (the earliest point at which DVC members can reserve). Why?

Because those accomodations are gone within an hour of that window opening!!

Ok, but this situation would happen whether WDW made the booking window open 6 months out, 2 weeks out, or 24 months out. That's just the nature of WDW, created in part by these boards. I'm just saying that USF doesn't have that frenzy, and you should have no problem booking President's Day next year when the dates open, or probably a month or 2 or 3 after the dates open. Now, you may not find a good discount for that weekend ... but you shouldn't have any trouble securing the accommodations you desire. :)

There's certainly no need to book that far in advance at WDW resorts either. Of course, it does seem that the WDW people tend to be more obessive about planning way in advance. I should know, I'm one of them. :)

i hear ya'

i am neurotic when it comes to booking my stay at HRH knowing HHN will be happening there.

i try to book each january around the 2nd or 3rd so i know i have my room secured for october. it helps me sleep better at night.

i can always modify my rate for discounts later. just have to get the room reserved

This is kind of relevant, I didn't book my room at RPR for last years HHN until May, and I still got the park view I wanted. I know the hotels get pretty full because of HHN, so maybe that will help tell you something about how far in advance you need to book! But this year, I was more like Macraven, I already booked the HRH for the last weekend in October to make sure I had the ressie sewn up!

I tried to book (or at least see the cost) for President's weekend of 2008, too! Because I am such a Disney person and in such unfamiliar territory...I wanted to figure out the best way to go...AAA?...Packages through Universal? I thought that if I looked early enough..I'd have time to figure it all out...:rotfl: :surfweb: Now that I finally do know the dates we'd be going...Arrive in tthe evening February 13th and leave some time in the morning February 18th...I know we'll take a shuttle over to Sea World one of those days..(We'll stay at the Hard Rock hotel) and I'd like for us to see the Blue Men one evening...We've been going in February (with all the kids and grandchildren) to Disney for several years...Next year...It's to Universal! :cool1:

IArrive in tthe evening February 13th and leave some time in the morning February 18th...I know we'll take a shuttle over to Sea World one of those days..(We'll stay at the Hard Rock hotel) and I'd like for us to see the Blue Men one evening...We've been going in February (with all the kids and grandchildren) to Disney for several years...Next year...It's to Universal! :cool1:

I don't want to disappoint you, but I am pretty sure that the Blue Man Group is just a summer thing. :( We'd like to see them too, but we do not go to Orlando in the summer. We miss out on Universal 360, late park closings, and now the BMG. It's totally a bummer!

Awwww......Say it isn't so! :sad2: I was thinking my group would really love seeing them....I guess I'll have to think of something else...:surfweb:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter