How does Universal LA compare to FLA?

klynch

Mouseketeer
We usually travel to Orlando for vacation. We do Disney and Universal of course. I have a trip next week to LA and we're staying at Disneyland in the Grand California hotel. Should we worry do Universal while there? We're in town Sun - Wed and are getting the 3 day hopper for Disney.

Is there anything at Universal than is different than the one in Fla? Is it worth it or should we just add the 4th day to Disney? We do DW a LOT and I was worried there wasn't 4 days worth of new things to see in DL.

Where do you get the free shuttle from the disney hotels if we do decide to go over? Can you take an ECV onto the shuttle buses? Are they handicap friendly?

Thanks in advance.......

I've been to both and I prefer the one in FL, mainly for IOA. The Hollywood park is okay, but nothing special. All the rides we have here is also at the FL park (with subtle differences like the Mummy Ride).

There are a few attractions/shows that we have which don't exist in FL. Waterworld is a pretty impressive stunt show that I recommend. Also instead of Twister, we have Backdraft.

I think the major draw is the Studio Tour. Since this is a real working studio, you drive through sets that have been in actual films and tv show (ie. Transformer & Desperate Housewives). The tour also incorporates 3 FL attractions (Jaws/Earthquake/King Kong) into the ride. So if you are a movie buff, then this might be worth the price of admission. They also have a vip tour where you can walk around the sets--this costs extra $.

Personally, I enjoy LA more... I think everyone has their own favortie but there are some noticable differences- it's definitely worth checking out LA if you haven't before, then you choose your own favorite! ;)

I think the major draw is the Studio Tour. Since this is a real working studio, you drive through sets that have been in actual films and tv show (ie. Transformer & Desperate Housewives). ... So if you are a movie buff, then this might be worth the price of admission.
Yep, that's it - they really shoot movies there. Imagine that. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter