How do I get to and from MCO from Disney Springs good neighbour hotels?

dan40

Mouseketeer
Can I get a Magical Express bus from MCO to any one of the Disney Springs-area hotels? Are these hotels considered to be on Disney property? Or do any of these hotels offer shuttle service to and from the airport?

No. Magical Express is exclusively for Disney owned and operated resort hotels. You would have to check with the hotel you choose near Disney Springs to see if they offer a shuttle.

If no hotel shuttle then the most economical way to get from the airport to your hotel is probably a Mears shuttle (one way) and then Uber from your hotel back to the airport. There are also taxis available and car services but you would need to set up the car service in advance.

Second the Meres shuttle.

I know the regular Uber can't pick up at the airport, but can they drop off?

Yes, Uber can drop off at the airport and it is very inexpensive compared to other modes of transportation.

Can I get a Magical Express bus from MCO to any one of the Disney Springs-area hotels? Are these hotels considered to be on Disney property? Or do any of these hotels offer shuttle service to and from the airport?

To clarify -

- Disney Springs hotels (www.disneyspringshotels.com) are ON Disney property but do not have any of the perks of a Disney hotel, including Magical Express. They do however have a good shuttle bus system they share to the parks.

- Disney Springs-area hotels are those that surround Disney springs but are not on property. A few offer their own limited shuttle to the parks but personally I would not stay in them without a car.

- Good Neighbor hotels are those with some kind of relationship with Disney, whether they have ticket/product sales in the lobby etc but nothing else. I agree it can be confusing to read that hotels have this stamp of approval and sometimes you think it is more than that.

Orlando is one of the worse places to travel for transportation/costs. Airport to hotel transport provided by hotels is almost non-existent, a big plus for Disney selling their rooms. I drive to Orlando but if I flew and could not stay at a Disney hotel with ME, then I would be renting a car. I understand not all can do that, then you have to go with Mears, Taxi, Uber etc.

Mears transportation isn't too bad pricewise either -- although they do charge by the person, so if you are more than one, uber is probably a much less expensive option.

Tom

We got Uber from MCO to iDrive but the only option was UBERSelect (We were told to go to the tunnel underneath the arrivals terminal for pickup) and the cost was around $44. Still a much cheaper option than a town car and cheaper than Mears by at least $10 I think - it was a lovely big car/extended SUV (Cadillac Escalade) that picked us up. For comparison, the prices from iDrive (near seaworld) back to MCO was UberX=~$16 and UberXL=~$24. We used UberXL as we had a fair amount of luggage between the three of us and a normal sized car might have struggled.

Wow, such great options, thank you everyone for your responses! Definitely something to consider if I stay off property.

Depending on your length of stay and the number of people in your party, it might be less expensive to rent a car than to pay for a shuttle or car service.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter