How big are the Parks

Blake29

Earning My Ears
I have never been to Universal and was wondering what the Walking is like there. Is it comparable to the Magic Kingdom? Will we be putting like a 10 mile day like we do at Disney? Thanks in advance for any answers.

it's not huge compared to the motherland.

you can walk from one park to another in 5 minutes easily.

Yeah, I'd say that US is comparable in size to Hollywood Studios, the smallest of the Disney parks.

IoA is even a little smaller, IMO. I'd say smaller than World Showcase at Epcot.

Here are the sizes of Universal and Disney theme parks from around the globe:

Universal Studios Hollywood - 415 acres
Disney's Animal Kingdom - 403 acres
Epcot - 300 acres
Tokyo DisneySea - 176 acres
Disney's Hollywood Studios - 135 acres
Disneyland Paris - 126 acres
Universal Studios Florida - 125 acres
Tokyo Disneyland - 115 acres
Islands of Adventure - 110 acres
Universal Studios Japan - 108 acres
Magic Kingdom - 105 acres
Disneyland - 85 acres
Disney California Adventure - 72 acres
Hong Kong Disneyland - 68 acres
Walt Disney Studios, Paris - 62 acres
Universal Studios Singapore - 49 acres

Just be aware Universal queues can be sooooo long. I'll never understand it! LOL. Seems like it takes longer to walk the queues than the rides themselves.

I think the answer is 'yes, you will put 10 miles on in a day.' Look at the pp acreage. Each park is as big as MK. Factor in the queues as pp says. Factor in the walk from the parking garage to entrance thru CW. At least Universal still has benches...:rolleyes1

Walking the Universal parks feels like walking around MK to me. But Universal does have the moving walkways from the parking garage which helps and a lot more seating in the parks to take breaks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter