• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

How bad does cheer competition make parks in early May?

Very hard to just switch parks with FP+, unless you want to not use your fastpasses for the park you are in, and wait at the other park until the times have gone by so you can try to get same day ones.

We just got back from a trip that included both previous weekends.

During the week FP+ was wide open most of the days for many attractions.

I would book 4th, 5th, ... FP+ for a different park right as we hopped or the same park just as we tapped in our 3rd FP+.

On EE, RNRC, TOT, TSMM I was able to book multiple times in a row as we were queuing. I found this very strange because the SB times were 25-30 min in many cases.

Weekends were a different story. I was glad to have our early afternoon FPs booked.

Weekends were a different story. I was glad to have our early afternoon FPs booked.

If you just got back then you also saw the people coming in for wishes on top of the competition. The 2 together I think made it much more crowded on the weekend.

My physical therapist and his family were heading there this past weekend for his 9-yr old daughter's cheer competition. He and his fiancee were really hoping her team lost quickly so they could spend more times at the parks! :P

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter