• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How are gasoline prices in your neck of the woods.

Wow this post is enlightening for a Brit!! We do 'gas' in litres but based on 4.5 litres to a gallon and the exchange rate at the moment I paid $9.16 for a gallon the other day and that's a reduction on what it's been lately. Price is pretty similar all round the UK.

I've been driving 7 years and cheapest I remember it is around $5 a gallon.

US gallons are actually about 3.8 litres (or thereabouts). Whereas you use Imperial gallons. That said, yes fuel is SIGNIFICANTLY more expensive "over there".

BTW, the least I've ever paid was $.57(9) in 1985.

Gumbo4x4 said:
US gallons are actually about 3.8 litres (or thereabouts). Whereas you use Imperial gallons. That said, yes fuel is SIGNIFICANTLY more expensive "over there".

BTW, the least I've ever paid was $.57(9) in 1985.

I remember filling up the first car I ever bought on my own - a 1992 Geo Storm. It was 1/4 full when I picked it up from the dealer, and it took a total of $7.00 to fill it the rest of the way up. Gas was about $.85/gallon. It was 1994. Ahhhh....

I remember filling up the first car I ever bought on my own - a 1992 Geo Storm. It was 1/4 full when I picked it up from the dealer, and it took a total of $7.00 to fill it the rest of the way up. Gas was about $.85/gallon. It was 1994. Ahhhh....

My first real car (with a payment) was a 92' Storm too!!! I am forever telling my kids how when we got gas at their age you either got $5 or $10 worth and it lasted you all week including cruising around!!

Gas near my house was $3.49, diesel was $4.05
Took DS18 to school and went close to the mall, diesel was $3.79! Needless to say, I filled up there. They are consistently lower there so I will fill up there every week. DS18's truck is also a diesel so when he starts driving it, he will fill up there as well.
It's a pain in the butt because it's hard to get out of there, on a busy corner and one ways only, but totally worth the savings! I can fill up my SUV completely for less than 90 instead of it cutting off at 90 and not being full yet.
And the station also has the same price for cash and credit

I'm in north FL and I paid 2.97 at Costco yesterday. This morning I see that they are 2.94.

$2.79 on the way home last night & again this morning.

$3.39 for diesel

$2.79 when I went to lunch
$2.69 when I came back

Diesel is still $3.39

$2.73 but that is in an oil and natural gas rich State in the SW/Mountain West, so pretty ridiculous. Although most of our oil and gas are shipped to neighboring states.

When I first started driving in the 60's gas was .25¢ here, but I made $1.24 per hour too (as a college student) so it's relative.

$2.99/gallon in Hollis Maine (at the gas station down the street from me). Next town over, it is $3.16/gallon

Monday I paid $2.74 about 25 miles from home. Got home and it had jumped to $3.19. If the price of crude has dropped and the demand for gas has dropped, why the spike in prices?

Factoring in the exchange rate, we're paying the equivalent of US$3.97 per gallon here in Toronto, Canada. And that's down considerably from the prices we were paying this summer!

Filled up yesterday in central NH at $3.17/gal.

My mother belongs to Cumberland Farms smart pay and she paid $3.03/gal.

My car doesn't like CF gas, so I stick to either Mobile or Shell.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter