House of Blues? Not that popular??

moopdog

Dreaming of Disney....
Nobody seems to talk much about it? I am hoping to go in March and am excited, but really I wonder why it's not more popular here on Disboards. I don't really see many reviews - nothing good or bad is said about it. Is the food just meh? Or is it the atmosphere? Just curious.

My only experience with House of Blues in WDW was as an "industry night" goer. Basically it was discounted for CMs and TMs and is not a night I would suggest themepark goers go as people would sit and share their horror stories and drink the night away.

We went to the one in DL and it was okay. It is just okay bar type atmosphere.

Maybe it isn't very exciting because they are found in so many other cities. It's been a few years since I was there but remeber it as a pretty good time.

We have eaten there several times and have always had a great experience. The cornbread with maple butter is outstanding.

Maybe it isn't very exciting because they are found in so many other cities. It's been a few years since I was there but remeber it as a pretty good time.
Do the have a live band visible from where we will be sitting and eating? Hoping so.

It is out of the way (not so much anymore) and not on the DP so it is not visited by a lot of people on this board. The food is fine nothing special just normal bar type food. The service is hit and miss... In the end it is known for being a bar not a place to sit and have a great meal... but as above the food is fine and truthfully better than what you get at most Disney owned within what they serve which again is bar type food. This place can be very crowded and loud in the night hours as it is a popular bar and has live events.

We enjoyed HOB. We've been to the one in both Disney and Las Vegas and enjoyed the food/drinks at both. The food is at least as good as what you'll find at most Disney table service restaurants, if not better. The atmosphere is fine -- it isn't a "Disney" atmosphere but is a good place to eat. When we went for lunch at Disney you could not see a band. When we went at dinner in Las Vegas there was a good all-female blues band out of Kansas City playing.

Do the have a live band visible from where we will be sitting and eating? Hoping so.

No. The restaurant is typically separate from any live entertainment (I could be wrong).

There is a Sunday gospel brunch. It's very popular but I have never checked it out.

One of my hidden gems. Love it. Good food, great service and decent prices. And fairly easy to walk in.
I should add that the two times we have been, once was a lunch we walked up without resies and the other was a dinner we had a resie for around 5:30 but we walked up around 4:45 and were seated immediately both times. Never been there during 'bar hours'. And FYI, Disney only has limited ADRs for there and so it can be tough to get one. But they, as are several Disney Springs restaurants, are on Open Table. That's how I book. And a plus about Open Table is they have no cancellation penalty.

Last edited:
It isn't a bad place. When I lived in Florida I saw some concerts there but never ate there. I have eaten at HoB restaurants in other cities, including my own, and have never had a bad or great meal there. They have all been good. I suspect you don't hear a lot about it because it isn't really a Disney destination and since you can eat at a HoB in so many places it just isn't all that unique.

Can't say anything bad about it but we ate there once in the early 00s, never tempted to go back. Raglan Road is our Go To place in DS.

Bill From PA

I haven't eaten there in ages, but last time we went they had some great happy hour drink specials. We had a few drinks there before our Raglan Road dinner.

Okay... Raglan Road. Why all of the love? My husband is the steak & potatoes type, I'm thinking of trying for RR instead just because so many seem to go every trip. I personally am all about the experience of a place, he's all about the food, my kids are in between ☺

I've only been there to a see a specific show. I always check there and at the Hard Rock in Universal and then generally in Orlando, or anywhere I am for work/pleasure for a good band. I've seen some really great acts at the Hard Rock and some decent ones at HOB. The cocktails were good and cheapish. I kinda didn't know it was really a dining destination.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter