• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

house for week

breammom

Mouseketeer
Looking to rent a 3 or 4 bedroom house for week in October, anyone have any suggestions?

We've booked a villa for OCt. All I can suggest is go online to various sites -google them and put in a general search for Oct.

For my trip last October I used Alexander Florida Holiday Homes at www.floridasunshine.com. I rented a 3 bedroom house for the week at $650 (it was on special, its normally $750) about 15 minutes from WDW off of Irlo Bronson Memorial Highway. I had no issues and the people were easy to work with.

Also try
www.vrbo.com. There are a ton to choose from. I have read many reviews on the boards abut Windsor Hills. We mapped it out and booked a week in June. Great rate and very nice person to deal with. They have a nice big community pool and many of the townhouses have their own splash pools.

I highly recommend staying with www.romancingthemouse.com

We stayed in their 5bd/5bath house with my inlaws. It was great. They gave such personalized service. They were at the house to meet us (no stopping anywhere else for keys!) with muffins & juice, fresh baked cookies and flowers! They also stopped by at the end of the week with chocolate covered strawberries. They gave us a tour of the house showing us how everything worked and were willing to stay as long/short as we liked giving us tips on which grocery stores to go to, shortcuts to Disney, etc. They even left us their cell phone number and encouraged us to call whenever we needed anything. Simply fabulous - cannot recommend them more highly!

If you decide to go with them - pm me for my email address - you'll get the referral discount and we'll get a 5% discount towards our next stay, which we already have booked! Can't wait to go again!

They have 2 houses in Windsor Palms and 2 in Windsor Hills - and they're right next to each other, so if you're going in a large party you could split into 2 houses and still be virtually together.

Awesome! And it's actually minutes from Disney. (As long as it's under an hour, home owners are allowed to claim it's minutes away. This house truly is minutes away!) From the time we left the house to the time we were parked at Animal Kingdom was 10 mins - and that included waiting at a long red light!

http://www.romancingthemouse.com

Romancing the mouse looks great. If we end up going in the next year will very strongly consider. We decided we need a house instead of one room at CBR.

We have stayed at Award Pool Homes. The home was very nice and they were easy to deal with. What I really liked was the key to the house was in a box at the house. We did not have to drive to another location to get or return the key.

I forgot, we have also stayed with All Star Vacation Homes. They were very close to Disney. I believe it only took us about 15-30 minutes to get to most of the parks. Which was the same as waiting for some buses.

I have rented different homes MANY times through vrbo.com

This year I have a three bedroom, two bath private pool home in Indian Pointe for 60 dollars a NIGHT!:worship::cool1:
I do look at many homes and look for special rates when I book.
I have NEVER been disappointed. Some years we go with extended family and rent very large houses, last year we went with a townhouse, all have been exceptional.

vrbo is a great site. One thing to be careful of when you are looking at houses on that site (or any other) is whether or not they have a hot tub as well as a pool (if that is important to you). It was a deal-breaker for me, as sitting in the hot tub at the end of the day to soothe tired muscles is an absolute must.

I found Villa to Rent through vrbo, and we rented the Formosa Boulevard house.

vrbo is a great site. One thing to be careful of when you are looking at houses on that site (or any other) is whether or not they have a hot tub as well as a pool (if that is important to you). It was a deal-breaker for me, as sitting in the hot tub at the end of the day to soothe tired muscles is an absolute must.

I found Villa to Rent through vrbo, and we rented the Formosa Gardens house.

Formosa looks nice. We just returned from a week stay at Windsor Hills (townhouse) and were VERY happen with the location. I remembered to time us one morning -- 12 minutes to the Contemporary parking lot. Is Formosa off of Rt. 192?

I found Villa to Rent through vrbo, and we rented the Formosa Gardens house.

Do you remember which home you rented? They have a good handful in Formosa Gardens? Thanks!

Formosa looks nice. We just returned from a week stay at Windsor Hills (townhouse) and were VERY happen with the location. I remembered to time us one morning -- 12 minutes to the Contemporary parking lot. Is Formosa off of Rt. 192?

Yes, Formosa Gardens Estate (the subdivision in which the Formosa Boulevard house is located) is just south of 192 very close to Windsor Hills.

Do you remember which home you rented? They have a good handful in Formosa Gardens? Thanks!

We rented the Formosa Boulevard house. (I edited my post to make my reference more specific).

I have rented different homes MANY times through vrbo.com

This year I have a three bedroom, two bath private pool home in Indian Pointe for 60 dollars a NIGHT!:worship::cool1:
I do look at many homes and look for special rates when I book.
I have NEVER been disappointed. Some years we go with extended family and rent very large houses, last year we went with a townhouse, all have been exceptional.

Sorry I don't want to highjack the thread!!! Turning40, Would you pm me with the link for this house, please? There are so many to choose from!!

We just returned from WDW. Before going we explored all of our options for lodging. We ended booking a 3 bedroom 2 bath villa through Beachtree Villas beachtreevillas.com Everything was great! It had a large living room with queen size sleeper/sofa. A full kitchen (which was a great plus for saving $). A full size washer and dryer in the unit itself. 3 bedrooms. 1 with a queen bed, 1 with two twin beds and the master bedroom had a king size bed. It was located about 10 minutes from WDW and there was no traggic getting there. The rate was only $89.00 a night. This totally blew me away. There was also a club house with a pool and hot tub. To me, this was much better than being cramped in a hotel/resort room or having to rent 2 rooms. Good luck and have a great time!

I feel better dealing directly with the owners. We were looking for a 4 bedroom but ended up with a BEAUTIFUL 6 bedroom unit for less. Then we invited more family to join us and had a blast. We've rented from sjsvillas (Google it) for 4 yrs now and never been disappointed. It looks exactly like the photos on the website. If you are going off season, ask nicely for a discount. It worked well for us.

When renting a villa do you have to rent for a week, such as a Sat to Sat or Sunday to Sunday? I'm looking into taking a trip during our spring break and since it's the week after Easter the flights are high unless we leave midweek and the disney rates are also high that week. I also thought it would be a busy week in disney and it would be nice to spread out and relax in a villa and have a kitchen to save money and not have to wait in food court lines at the disney resorts. Linda:)

Most owners will be flexible on arrival days but if you stay less than a week then a cleaning charge may be added to the rental.

Yes, Formosa Gardens Estate (the subdivision in which the Formosa Boulevard house is located) is just south of 192 very close to Windsor Hills.

We rented the Formosa Boulevard house. (I edited my post to make my reference more specific).

Mousemom11, did you find the home to be as nice (and clean) in person as it appears to be online? We're renting of the WH homes from that owner in November and have only found one other DISer who has rented from them in the past.

Thanks! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter