Hotel within walking distance to Amway

NinaBella

DIS Veteran
So I am taking my DD and 2 of her friends to a concert at Amway. Pretty much I never pay attention to the hotel's in this ares. Any recommedations?

I did look online. I have tentatively reserved Aloft and it's suppose to be .4 miles awsy. So the plan is to go to hotel, walk to dinner, walk to concert, walk back to hotel. We have stayed at an Aloft in TN.

So I suppose I should also look at places to eat within walking distance.

This is for the Selena Gomez concert in June.

Have stayed at the Embassy Suites right across from Lake Eola. You will want to stay east of I-4.

Seems like Grand Bohemian is 9 minute walk, Aloft 10 minutes, Embassy Suites 15 Minutes.

The girls are 13. I don't mind taking an U er but I know traffic will be bad.

How safe is the walking path? When my husband called Aloft they said many people walk. I am assuming there are sidewalks. I will be in Orlando next month so I may have to ask DH to drop me off at the hotel and pick me up at Amway to test the walk.

Why stay East? Safety of walking?

I-4 runs East - West but I assume you mean the side Embassy Suites is on.

East of I-4 is the main downtown area with all the restaurants, hotels, etc. Once you cross under I-4 you will immediately hit Amway and I'm not even sure there are any hotels over there. It will be very busy while you are walking around so you should be fine.

East of I-4 is the main downtown area with all the restaurants, hotels, etc. Once you cross under I-4 you will immediately hit Amway and I'm not even sure there are any hotels over there. It will be very busy while you are walking around so you should be fine.

Thanks! I am looking at Google maps to see what is nearby. If it's like downtown Tampa during concert there should be plenty of cops in the area patrolling traffic. I am not sure if there are sidewalks or if people are walking on grass alongside the roads.

ETA: finally got my phone to switch Google maps to satellite view. There are sidewalks for the entire walk. I was most concerned about sidewalks under I-4. Looks like we are good.

Last edited:
Thanks! I am looking at Google maps to see what is nearby. If it's like downtown Tampa during concert there should be plenty of cops in the area patrolling traffic. I am not sure if there are sidewalks or if people are walking on grass alongside the roads.

Sidewalks. It's very much set up for the folks staying and enjoying downtown to get to and from the arena. There is also a huge police station on north side of arena. Here is the arena and looking back at Downtown where everything is and then from Downtown towards arena, you can see the sidewalks.

ORLANDOAR_0247_PPT.jpg

ORLANDOAR_0257_PPT.jpg

I would recommend the grand bohemian or the a loft hotel a little walk but not bad, you deff don't want to head away from I4 in the other direction behind amway!

You should have no problem walking to the Amway.Its more a reason to be cautious as you will walking near freeway exits and lots of high traffic areas especially if something is going on at the Amway .Drivers in Florida are bad about stopping for pedestrians.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter