• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Hotel Shuttle vs Cab vs Uber for transport to Port Canaveral

jabrony76

Earning My Ears
Wife, son and I are staying at Country Inn and Suites in PC the night before cruise and I understand that the hotel shuttle is a small price per person and times are first-come-first-serve. I priced out Uber XL and its only about $18.

Wondering if Cab or Uber is better than taking a hotel shuttle since the price is negligible.

Are Ubers/cabs allowed to drop off fares at port easily or do you get dropped far away?

Anyone used Uber - are there enough drivers around that area so wait is reasonable?

Thanks for any advice / suggestions.

I'd be interested to this as well. I booked that same hotel and what they told was they have their shuttle take you whenever you're ready. But I would think if there's quite a few staying there that are going on the cruise, it could get crowded or cause some delays.

Got lots of replies on another forum. Consensus seems to be that shuttles can be slow in getting you to the port. Some people have no issues, some have issues.

For me, I'm going to arrange a cab the night before so we don't have to put anything to chance. Was told the front desk will set it up and that it shouldn't be more than $15 for the cab. It's worth it to me to not have to cattle call into a shuttle. I'm hoping to be having cabanas lunch by noon! ;)

It is a very short drive to the cruise terminal 5 - 10 minutes. Your transportation options are as follows:

Uber - generally less than 5 minute wait in the area and costs are $6-$8 but you have to add a $5 port entry fee
800 Transportation - the most used local taxi service should cost about $15 (port fee included)
Hoo Ha and other flat rate companies - $10 plus $5 port fee = $15

So the bottom line is - just make sure the port fee is included in any quote you get and the total should be no more than $15 or so.

The hotel has its own shuttle buses - I saw at least 5 on the property recently and the buses run non-stop every morning when the ships are in. They bring passengers back to the hotel (folks park their vehicles) and to the ships. Their shuttles are fast, friendly and efficient but they do try and fill each bus before departure. Here is a picture:

CountryInn-Shuttle.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter