hotel recommendations outside Sequoia National Park

kailuagirl

DIS Veteran
We are heading to Sequoia after Disneyland. Looking for a place to stay outside Sequoia in 3 Rivers or wherever close by for the night before we start our stay at Sequoia. Anyone have any recommendations? Thank you!

Don't know if Three Rivers is the best place to hole up. You might find more options in and around Fresno. The road via the Foothills entrance is really windy and slow. Where's your first night in the park?

Visalia might also be an option if you don't want to drive to Fresno. Be advised after you enter the park you still have roughly an hour drive before you hit the big trees. I've had good luck with VRBO as well.

My daughter stayed in Three Rivers, and loved the place. I think it was a Best Western... I'll ask her for the name. I think Three Rivers is a fine place to stay. (Had to drive up and down that mountain three times in one camping trip - it wasn't an issue for us.)

You have to go through Visalia to get to sequoia. Fresno is out of the way, as in 30-45 minutes to Visalia and another 60-90 minutes to Fresno out of the way. Three rivers is okay but not really much there other than a stop to get into the park. The benefit of three rivers is that it is right at the entrance. I would suggest Visalia. There are several chain hotels and lots of restaurants. And personally I would go with the Hampton Inn on Noble ave. It's easy to find, easy on and off the freeway, and it's clean. Oh and it's a decent area of town. Not that Visalia has a bad side. Oh and locals will laugh at you or shake thier heads if you mess up the name Vi-sail-yuh cause people do it all the time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter