Honeymoon room upgrades

BruTamUK

Earning My Ears
We are getting married in Dec 2004 in the wedding pavilion.
We are staying at the Grand Floridian for 9 nights in a standard room. Is there a chance of upgrading our room free of charge with us being on our honeymoon? Has anybody tried this before? Is it worth asking upon arrival, is so what should we say? (We don't want to sound cheeky).
Many thanks,
Bruce & Tammy
:p

Hi! If you're getting married in early December, when it's low season, you should definitely fax a request to the room controller at the GF about 4 days ahead of time. Just mention that you are getting married at WDW (that is what really helps get an upgrade - everyone honeymoons there, but WDW couples are fewer than just random honeymooners and so get the royal treatment), and say that you would appreciate an upgrade to a room that would otherwise go unused.
It never hurts to ask - just don't be disappointed if it doesn't work out for you. You'd be surprised how full the hotels sometimes are, even in low season - we were there last weekend, and the GF was at 86% occupancy!
Cheers!
Heather W

I sent in a request to the room assigner about 3 days prior asking for a lagoon view, non-smoking...really sounded excited about getting married at Walt Disney World! Once we arrived at the GF..I had the biggest smile on my face when I approached the counter and when the check in attendant asked if we were celebrating a special occasion..I of course started talking about the wedding and honeymoon ...he got on the phone and found a king room facing Cinderella Castle..it was smoking ..but you'd never know it! I don't think the fax helped but my smile did alot for us. It was in December less than 3 months after 9/11 too. so that might have helped a bit as far as capacity and room availability. It was so awesome to watch the castle, monorails and ferry boats from our balcony. Dh decided at that moment that I was never to mention the all-stars ever again! I do have to warn you the wolf howls from the Haunted mansion from 6am till midnight along with the train whistle, whter the MK is open or not. I do have about 200 hundred pics of the castle and monorails.

Stacy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter