"Homemade" Elmo/Sesame Street Party Ideas

peainapod

Mouseketeer
I know there is Pinterest..but I want first hand pictures/directions for homemade elmo/sesame street party decor,etc.

We are having an Elmo first birthday party:) I am very crafty, so I would love to make a lot of things instead of buy them. TIA:goodvibes

We made a Pin the Cookie on Cookie Monster using a half sheet of plywood and felt. Wrapped the wood in white felt and glued a blue felt Cookie Monster to it. Cut cookies out if felt as well - they stick without pins. The half sheet of plywood made Cookie about the same height as the kids.

I made a big cardboard Oscar and put him in a trash can. The kids threw wadded up newspaper in. They each got a red gift bag. I cut out Elmo eyes, eyeballs and nose out of sticky felt and they decorated it. Then they went on a crayon hunt. I had two fish bowls decorated with Dorothy. Then I had two large tubs of water. The kids were divided into two teams and they had to use a tiny cup to fill the fishbowl with water. Elmo came to visit and the kids used Elmo stickers and glitter glue paint to decorate lucite frames for their picture. Make cut outs of various characters large enough for a few kids to fit a toe on. Play Sesame Street music. When the music stops say, put your toe on Big Bird, etc. I used an Elmo Wilton pan for the cake. I have seen some really cute fruit plates made to look like Elmo. Have fun!

For party favors I gave the kids a goldfish bowl with a Dorothy in it. When you costed out buying the traditional junk you stick in a party bag it was about the same. It was much more exciting to take home a pet goldfish than a bag full of stickers and candy.

Elmo is pretty easy to draw. I painted him on sand buckets for the kids. For our Elmo party.(gosh that was 17 years ago)

Find Elmo clip art and make some cupcake toppers or use them as bingo chips,pin the nose on Elmo.

Here are a few I tried for you
Hugs Mel

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter