Home Rental: RVH_205M | Regal Reunion Views through Magical Vacation Homes

Deadrobot

Earning My Ears
We stayed at 1422 Titian Ct at Reunion Resort from September 8 to 18, rented through Magical Vacation Homes located on Reunion Resort property.

Hi all,

My family had a bit of a downer trip on our last visit to Florida because the house we rented wasn't exactly what we saw in the pictures. Magical Vacation Homes (MVH) boasted a luxury home and we got something less than shabby chic...

The house is in need of a serious cleaning - as we entered the rental we immediately could see wine, burn marks and overuse in the carpets. We noticed various damaged infrastructure like countertops, towels and furniture. The toilet in the second floor shared washroom was visibly unclean (from the hallway!). When the AC was off, we could notice a smell of cigarettes from either years of being exposed to smoke or from recent previous renters. As we continued to explore the rental unit, it was becoming clear that a quick cleaning was done between guests but more serious issues were underlying.

The most disappointing thing about our stay was the pool. When we arrived (on a Wednesday) the bottom of the pool had a layer of sand and leaves and the water was murky and off-coloured. After 4 days we called into MVH and asked about pool cleaning and were told that the pool was cleaned Friday, which it was not - the state of the pool between Thursday and Saturday was unchanged. My sister in law owns a pool and refused to use it due to the murkiness of the water. I sent along 4-5 pictures via email to be passed along to the 3rd party pool cleaning company, but no response was sent from MVH or the cleaners.

The pool cleaner did arrive on the last day of our stay and vacuumed the bottom and added chemicals (he tossed his test strip into the bushes instead of the garbage). Judging by the state of the pool after his visit, we estimate the pool had not been cleaned in at least two weeks, overlapping our stay.

The wifi was not working and we found the router and rebooted it, which we had to reboot 3 times during our stay. The router itself is balanced on the top of the washing machine in the laundry room, amongst a mass of wires spilling out of an electrical fuse box. Not very comforting having exposed wires near the washing machine.

In the back, the deck was lined with red "Do Not Cross" tape and garbage was left under the bushes behind the porch (including a rusted piece of grill from the dirty BBQ). The side walkway to the back patio had been washed away in a recent storm and while we would have respected that the house sustained damage and would not have minded the obstruction, we were not informed that this major damage was done to the house prior to our arrival. The outdoor TV was operational but not hooked up to any kind of cable or antenna at all. This, the walkway damage and the garbage made the back patio uninviting.

On our last day, our niece decided to stay home while the rest of us went out for the day. Mid day, someone came to the door, knocked and did not wait and entered the house immediately. Needless to say this scared her. The person said they were "replacing the AC filters" and left soon after. An email or text message to us prior to their entry would have been appreciated, let alone waiting for someone to answer the door.

The home had other small issues that seem common with other negative reviews of other MVH homes: lack of cutlery, lack of hangars, less than stellar quality of towels/sheets - general complaints of neglect. 2 separate nights we saw cockroaches scuttle under the owner's closet door so we put a towel down.

I'm hoping this review will get back to the owners and they fix these problems as it's obvious that MVH only provide management services and leave the physical condition of the house up to the owners (MVH had no clue where the pool light was when we called to ask). I've been in contact with MVH a lot since coming home and have asked for some compensation. They offered a 15% refund (came to $62/person) but to receive the money we had to sign an NDA saying we would not comment on MVH online in a negative light. Obviously we didn't take the money. I wish they'd take the money they'd spend on all these refunds and time spent on chasing down negative reviews and put it towards the house!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter