Holiday Inn Nikki Bird Review

tmarquez

DIS Veteran
We were spending a few days at POR last week and decided to go over to Orlando a day early to avoid some of the road closures we had been having due to the fires in the area. I tried to add an extra night on to my POR reservation, but they were full. Since we were leaving after work, and just wanted a place to crash I decided to try my luck on Priceline.

I got the Holiday Inn Nikki Bird for $36. Before we left home I signed up for the Holiday Priority Club thing and printed off my membership card.

We arrived at the hotel at about 7:00pm...great location, very close to the parks. There was nobody ahead of us at check in. I presented my Priority Club card to the young lady at the desk and asked for a non-smoking room. She asked if we would like to be upgraded for free to a kidsuite (it was me, DH, and DD(3)). DD is all about bunkbeds so I accepted. She also gave us a little gift bag with some bottled water, cookies, OJ, and juice boxes...DD thought this was very cool too.

Our room was clean, the AC was cold (we actually turned it off to sleep, don't know why it felt so cold in there). The room was old and although it had fresh paint, and some relatively new fixtures it was still noticable.

DD loved the kidsuite part of the room. She had her own TV (the speakers on the walls were broken). There are a set of bunkbeds and another small bed. These beds are very small, I would say if your child is older than 7 or 8 they may not be comfortable.

The sandy playground was fun for DD. The pool was warm and clean...not too crowded. There is a game room with video games and air hockey, and they have a pool table too.

The all you can eat lobster place, IMO, is gross. You will get a much better seafood meal at the local Red Lobster and at a much better price. It was $30 pp, and maybe I'm spoiled from living in the Keys and having alot of good seafood, but yuck! After trying the buffet , we actually ate at the onsite Pizza Hut later that night because the seafood was just too scary for us.

Overall, I'd say that aside from the buffet it was a great deal. I've read alot of negative reviews about this place, but we did not have a bad experience at all and would stay here again.

If you have any questions I'd be happy to answer them.

It's funny, I'm from Homestead and lived in the Keys six years but I liked the buffet. It reminds me of the old Coral Grill. That being said, we've stayed at the Nikki Bird about five times and only ate at Angel's once. I mainly remember the clam chowder. We're actually staying at the hotel tomorrow for one night. I reserved a Kidssuite on Easy Click Travel for $57. We wouldn't stay there for a long trip but for one or two nights, we're fine. My sons are teens and I'm 5'10 but we sleep on the bunk and day bed - my husband snores. They sure are small, though!

Thank you for the reveiw! I booked this for my daughter and family through Priceline for one night also. I am a Priority Club member and paid for the room. Do you think I should give the card to my daughter and be able to get credit for the stay? Actually rumor has it it is no longer a Holiday Inn so it may be a moot point. :confused3

We stayed there our first time at Disney. We loved it. Of course this was back on 2000, but the staff was nice, rooms were clean and they had a lot of fun activities planned for kids. Other than the 3.50 fee for the ATM machine, we had no complaints. For an offsite it is pretty cool.

We stayed there years ago- never again! They decided to PAVE their parking lot(without telling us ahead of time!) long story short, DH was sick so he slept in DD, DS and I went to pool. About an hour later we needed something from vehicle. I went to our truck ,IT WAS GONE! We finally after much panic found THEY HAD TOWED IT TO ANOTHER AREA ON PROPERTY WITHOUT NOTIFYING US( DAMAGING THE GRILL IN THE PROCESS!)-they claimed they called the room, but DH said he never heard the phone. Even so, they didn't try very hard to get in contact with us (and towed other people's cars too). It wasn't even that we were parked incorrectly, just inconviently for them! They never warned us the night before- not a word! They were very unapologetic about the whole thing!

See other posts. Apparently it is no longer a Holiday Inn and it's just plain bad.

Yep defunct now.. our service was great on our pretrip stay May 6th but our last say May 15-19th was horrendous... Especially with the Change over from HI to HomeSuiteHomes on May 19th at 12am!

Just bumping this for anyone that has a reservation here. It is no longer a Holiday Inn but an economy hotel!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter