Hilton Bonnet Creek - Two thumbs way up!

Just got a confirmation from Last Minute Travel that our reservation is confirmed. Hilton Bonnet Creek. Thanks to the poster who suggested this site.:goodvibes

I got the same message about it not being available. It said they would get back to me within 48 hours. This was last night. I still haven't heard back and we leave in less than 24 hours. yikes. Hope we get something soon. *fingers crossed*

For those of you who booked through LMT...

What type of room did you get? We would have to have at least 2 queens.

Thanks,
Ron

It's great to see so many positive reviews of HBC, we are staying there for the first time next week. Our flight lands at 10:30am, we were planning to try and check in to HBC then - is that a waste of time? I know at many Disney Resorts you can check in early even if your room isn't ready. If we don't check in then, we won't check in until we return from Epcot/dinner around 10pm. Not sure which is better. Anyway, thanks for any insight!

It's great to see so many positive reviews of HBC, we are staying there for the first time next week. Our flight lands at 10:30am, we were planning to try and check in to HBC then - is that a waste of time? I know at many Disney Resorts you can check in early even if your room isn't ready. If we don't check in then, we won't check in until we return from Epcot/dinner around 10pm. Not sure which is better. Anyway, thanks for any insight!

When we visit we plan to check in early & head to Epcot. Like you we will not get back till late and I dont want to get the bottom of the barrel for checking in late. :lmao: I would check in early even if your room is not ready just so they know you are and hopefully you will get your room preferences!

We ended up on the top floor (18). The front desk was very accomodating. It was the last room (farthest from the elevator) down the final hall. It was a room with 1 king and it faced the front of the bldg. (woods-parking). It was a great view and you could even see the lights from that amusement park on International Drive near the outlet mall. :)

When we visit we plan to check in early & head to Epcot. Like you we will not get back till late and I dont want to get the bottom of the barrel for checking in late. :lmao: I would check in early even if your room is not ready just so they know you are and hopefully you will get your room preferences!

Exactly my thought! I suppose it's worth a shot!

I recently returned from the Hilton Bonnet Creek - booked through lastminutetravel.com. This is a really beautiful hotel. We were on the 17th floor with views of the Wyndham Bonnet Creek and Downtown Disney. We had a room with two queen beds - comfy bathrobes too. As a Hilton BC guest you can use the facilities at the Waldorf Astoria as well. When I wanted to swim laps I used the Waldorf pool - very relaxing atmosphere. Towels were available at both pools. Hilton Harvest Bistro had a great breakfast buffet for $19 - we had dinner there as well and it was very nice.

I'll try to post some pics!

Hilton Pool - lazy river about 3ft. deep-

ry%3D400

Waldorf Astoria Lobby

ry%3D400

Waldorf Astoria Pool - good for laps - most of the kids seemed to be at the Hilton pool.

ry%3D400

Hilton BC Corridor 17th floor-

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

For those of you who booked through LMT...

What type of room did you get? We would have to have at least 2 queens.

Thanks,
Ron

I'm going to bump this post since I'd really like to know as well. I noticed that on LMT when you list 2 Adults before doing a hotel search and select HBC it allows you to pick from the room preference of "Sleeps 2, 1 Bed" or "Sleeps 2, 2 Beds"; however, when you start your hotel search with 4 adults, you don't get that room preference option (I guess because they automatically default you to two beds maybe?).

Has anyone booked HBC on LMT and selected the "Sleeps 2, 2 Beds" preference and received only 1 King bed? I'm going to be traveling with my girlfriend, but her sister and boyfriend might join us, but if we end up with having to take a chance with just 1 King bed, we may have to ignore this absolutely fantastic deal and look elsewhere. :sad2:

Any advice or past experiences that could be shared from people booking through LMT and what type of rooms they got based on what they picked or didn't pick as a preference?

Thanks kindly,

I don't think you will have a problem. The hotel is huge and when we checked in (2 of us) they asked if we wanted a king or 2 queens!! I know on the hotel sites that if you put more than 2 people in a room they want to charge extra person fees.:goodvibes

I don't think you will have a problem. The hotel is huge and when we checked in (2 of us) they asked if we wanted a king or 2 queens!! I know on the hotel sites that if you put more than 2 people in a room they want to charge extra person fees.:goodvibes

Thanks for the input, and hopefully that will be the case for us once we check-in. We went ahead and booked HBC using LMT listing four total guests since it didn't increase the total cost versus just listing two people, so hopefully we'll get two queen beds if everyone ends up coming. Either way, I'm looking forward to our vacation in July.

I am back from 3 nights at the Hilton Bonnet Creek. I also booked through LMT and did the eupgrade to Disney view via Hilton.

I was first on a higher floor but way down the hall and over the roof line. The bell services guy who was great called down and got me a different room on the 5th floor facing the pool complex that I liked much better. It was also closer to the elevators.

I was traveling alone so the king bed was perfect.

I rented a car at the airport and really enjoyed splurging on the valet service ($20/day). I called ahead after the first time, and the car would be waiting. One of the valet guys offered me a small bottle of cold water once when I had to wait awhile.

Did not eat at the restaurants as I met friends for meals throughout WDW.

The bed and bedding as well as the towels were all nice, the room a good size. There was a small fridge. The bathroom was nice but sort of a small space between the lavatory and the shower (no tub). There was a lot of storage under the cabinet beneath the sink.

I spent a lot of time in the lazy river, as it was hot. I am partial to lazy rivers anyway but this one is so large and nice.

When I checked out I headed to a 1 bedroom presidential unit at the Wyndham Bonnet Creek.

My room was ready at the Hilton bonnet creek when I arrived at about 4 pm. The Wyndham unit was ready before 2 pm.

The bed, bedding and towels were much nicer at the Hilton than the Wyndham. I do like the Wyndham though, especially when traveling with others. It was nice to wash my clothes in the full size washer/dryer at the Wyndham and the presidential units are extremely large. The Wyndham has a Bose surround sound system in the living room and a bedside model in t e bedroom. I made the most of both. I also had a big jacuzzi at the Wyndham but did not use it.

I have stayed at the Waldorf twice previously and found the bedding there even nicer than the Hilton, and the room more luxurious, especially the suites. However, for the price through LMT at $80 a night, I thought it was a real bargain.

I would stay at the Hilton bonnet creek again before staying onsite (except DVC). I always have a rental car so there is no reason not to.

I was there 3 weeks ago on a solo trip, and I booked through LMT. I received a 2 queen room, and was in room 1508. It had a DTD view. To be environmentally friendly and get some clean sheets, I slept on one bed for 2 nights and the other for 2 nights.:lmao:

I had a tub, so snappy was maybe in a handicap room?

Food was outrageous to my small budget, but they had some great pre-made sandwiches in the cooler at Muse. Baguette bread w/ ham, turkey or I think salami, and lettuse, tomato and cheese. They had a microwave if you wanted to warm it up. Also, they had chocolate covered strawberries for $1 each (great end of the day snack! buy early and keep in the room as they sell out) and some humongous cinnamon rolls. I never got one of those, as I was trying to be somewhat good on my diet.

I started to buy a pint bottle of milk in the Harvest Bistro store, but it was like $4.26 w/ tax! I picked up a half gallon at the shop in the Contemporary for $2.95 plus tax and brought it back w/ me on the shuttle bus instead. :thumbsup2 I had brought cereal in my luggage for breakfast and needed it (plus a little bottle of chocolate syrup for a treat LOL, CC strawberries and choc milk yum!).

The hotel was great!!!! Shuttle service was great for the most part. DTD shuttle runs had to be planned out well as there was a 2 hr gap between trips. And I just missed a MK bus (saw it pulling out of the lot) so I ahd to wait 30 minutes for the next one, and I was pooped!). At least I got to wait sitting on a bench since there wasn't a line to wait in.

I will definitely be back here again. :woohoo:

I'm going to bump this post since I'd really like to know as well. I noticed that on LMT when you list 2 Adults before doing a hotel search and select HBC it allows you to pick from the room preference of "Sleeps 2, 1 Bed" or "Sleeps 2, 2 Beds"; however, when you start your hotel search with 4 adults, you don't get that room preference option (I guess because they automatically default you to two beds maybe?).

Has anyone booked HBC on LMT and selected the "Sleeps 2, 2 Beds" preference and received only 1 King bed? I'm going to be traveling with my girlfriend, but her sister and boyfriend might join us, but if we end up with having to take a chance with just 1 King bed, we may have to ignore this absolutely fantastic deal and look elsewhere. :sad2:

Any advice or past experiences that could be shared from people booking through LMT and what type of rooms they got based on what they picked or didn't pick as a preference?

Thanks kindly,

I have not stayed there yet, but I have booked with LMT and stayed at other hotels. I called them to ask if I had more than two guests would I be guaranteed two beds and they said yes. So make sure you put in the correct number of guests because they will guarantee you the proper amount of beds unlike priceline. :)

I was there 3 weeks ago on a solo trip, and I booked through LMT. I received a 2 queen room, and was in room 1508. It had a DTD view. To be environmentally friendly and get some clean sheets, I slept on one bed for 2 nights and the other for 2 nights.:lmao:

I had a tub, so snappy was maybe in a handicap room?

Food was outrageous to my small budget, but they had some great pre-made sandwiches in the cooler at Muse. Baguette bread w/ ham, turkey or I think salami, and lettuse, tomato and cheese. They had a microwave if you wanted to warm it up. Also, they had chocolate covered strawberries for $1 each (great end of the day snack! buy early and keep in the room as they sell out) and some humongous cinnamon rolls. I never got one of those, as I was trying to be somewhat good on my diet.

I started to buy a pint bottle of milk in the Harvest Bistro store, but it was like $4.26 w/ tax! I picked up a half gallon at the shop in the Contemporary for $2.95 plus tax and brought it back w/ me on the shuttle bus instead. :thumbsup2 I had brought cereal in my luggage for breakfast and needed it (plus a little bottle of chocolate syrup for a treat LOL, CC strawberries and choc milk yum!).

The hotel was great!!!! Shuttle service was great for the most part. DTD shuttle runs had to be planned out well as there was a 2 hr gap between trips. And I just missed a MK bus (saw it pulling out of the lot) so I ahd to wait 30 minutes for the next one, and I was pooped!). At least I got to wait sitting on a bench since there wasn't a line to wait in.

I will definitely be back here again. :woohoo:

I think I read somewhere that King bed rooms did not have the tub, only a shower. It was definitely not an accessible room. I was assigned a an accessible room at OKW with the shower with no lip-not good as far as keeping water in.

I also stayed in an accessible luxury suite at the Waldorf this March on an eupgrade through Hilton after booking through LMT at the Hilton bonnet creek. It had a wonderful bathroom that I joked we could have had a party in. It did have the bathtub, very large shower (not a roll-in). The main things I saw that was accessible that I can remember clearly was the doorbell was lower (yes the suites at the Waldorf have doorbells), and the huge vanity did not have storage underneath but instead had room to roll a wheelchair under it.

Glad you had a great stay. Thanks for the info on the food at Muse. I did not really go in there.

I did enjoy the beds at this Hilton, especially at $80/night. Did you use the lazy river? I also have a car and went to Target for my usual stuff (less though since I was alone) but picked up a noodle that I used at both the Hilton and the Wyndham lazy rivers. The tubes irritate my left arms so I much more comfortable using a noodle in lazy rivers.

While the resort is very large, it was filling up when I checked in on May 19th, way before Memorial day. There were not a lot of rooms to choose from. I would be sure and list the exact number of people going when booking through LMT. I booked solo and got the king which I was very happy with as the room seemed larger with a king rather than 2 queens but it would have been nice to have a tub and a shower.

I was pleased with housekeeping, very pleased.

We spent 2 nights here our last trip and loved it! We were upgraded to a theme park view and it was awesome. We could see the hat, Expedition Everest, the Epcot Ball and the Swan and Dolphin. It's too bad there wasn't a balcony to sit on. The pool was fabulous. My kids went around and around on the lazy river! It was definitely a steal for the price on Last Minute Travel. Here is a picture of the view from our room, but it doesn't really do it justice.

disney023.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts