highchairs in rooms?

new mom11

Mouseketeer
Has anyone ever used one of the "me too" highchairs at the BCV? It's a little highchair that clamps on to a table. Problem is the table has to be sturdy enough and it can't be too thick. (The clamps only open to about 2".) Since we're staying at the BCV, we'll be giving my 17 mo DS breakfast in the room. W'ell order a chair from ABBF if we have to, but the seat is not a problem to take if there is a table/counter that will hold it.
FYI These chairs are GREAT! We use it all the time in restaurants. They only weigh about 2lbs and fold perfectly flat. Fit right in his diaper bag. (Ocasssionally restaurant highchairs can be really disgusting to say the least.)

If you're a DVC member, call Member Services and request a high chair. I've been told they're available. We asked when we stayed at BCV this past march if there was one in the room (1 bedroom) and they told us there should be, but if there wasn't, call down to housekeeping. There wasn't one there, but we had our DD's booster seat (straps to a chair) which worked fine. But rather than renting, I would recommend calling whomever you booked the room through to add a high chair request to the reservation, and maybe calling the resort directly to make sure they have them available. It's cheaper to get one from housekeeping than to rent!

As for the clamp-on boosters, I don't recall the table in the 1 bedroom being any thicker than normal. However, they are oval tables with a single pedestal base so I would definately check and make sure it was sturdy or clamp the chair in the middle. You could also use the breakfast bar if you have a 1 or 2 bedroom, but that's counter material and is probably too thick.

One note - if you're planning on using the BCV's pack-n-play, it's in the coffee table. We didn't find it until 2 days after we moved in.

Mur!

No, I'm not a DVC member, but thanks for the advice. They actully can't be used on oval tables. I will try to call BCV to see if they'll provide one. Thanks for the tip on the Pack 'n Play. We were thinking about renting a crib, because my DS's never slept in the Pack 'n Play, but we went away for a couple nights this weekend and thankfully he slept "like a baby" in it. Hopefully that will be the case in Disney.

We've always successfully called Mousekeeping and requested a high chair and were provided with a wooden chair just like they use in most restaurants. In DVC rooms it is often in a closet somewhere in the room but if not you can call and they will deliver one. I did not have a much success getting bed rails - and after 3 days of requesting them I gave up.

Not having used the high chairs in the villas, I wasn't sure what type they were, but I suspected they may be the tray-less restaurant type. If they are, you'll probably want to pick up one of two things - either a Twingles strap-on tray or some Table Toppers stick-down placemats. We have and use both depending on the situation and they work great! The Twingles tray straps around the bottom of the high chair seat to add a tray to the chair. I've noticed it can be hard to get tight enough that our DD can't evenutally push it off, but usually by the time she does, she's done. It also folds and fits in her diaper bag without much problem.

We usually only use the Twingles tray when we're at a restaurant that has a tablecloth. Otherwise, we tend to use the Table Toppers. They stick down onto the table surface to give the baby a clean eating surface. We use these everywhere, and they work great!

I'm sure either or both of these would work fine in the room at BCV, not to mention elsewhere around the resorts and parks! You can find both of these at One Step Ahead online (http://www.onestepahead.com). We also usually pack disposable bibs - either bibsters or I recently found a sweet deal on Infantinos at One Step Ahead - $2.00/20 box!

Mur!

The Table Toppers are great, make that WERE great! We used to use them all the time in restaurants, until my DS discovered how much fun it is to rip them off about 10 seconds after we get it stuck down! Now I don't go anywhere without anti-bacterial wipes. I've gotten a few strange looks, but I basically scrub down the table, highchair if need be. We now use the scution bowls and they seem to be working great. Like you said, he eventually gets it off the table, but usually by that time he's done eating. I will difinitely check out the Twingles tray though.
I also have the tablecloth problem with the "me too" chair. That's when we use the regular highchair. Lately we end up folding the tablecloth back. (One guess on what his newest trick is!)
The bibsters were great while they lasted. Unfortunately, they're a thing of the past too. They get ripped off right after the table topper is gone. thanks again

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter