High functioning autism

I made a post back in October on this thread about thinking we'd get a DAS on our next trip and after this weekend it is definitely going to be a must. We went to a wedding and wow I realized how difficult being around people is for him. He really like his headphones though so we will bring those into the park so he can have his own noise to block out the noise. Shopping though is always an issue that I don't have an answer for. If he is really focused on a souvenir I'll get him one but usually his focus is on food and we have that planned in the budget.
you may want to bring an extra headphone I broke a pair while at Disney ( I use them to cancel out back ground noise) and I had to get another pair Disney dose sell then for about $50 they are for kids and barely fit me I go tuck that a CM gave them to me for free. I new use the over the ear protectors and when I want to listen to music I use my ear buds. but if he has to have his music I would have a back up just incase his first one break ( Maybe even ear buds)

I thought I'd give a quick update about my son!

We just had our Disney trip, and he did AMAZING!!!! We didn't even need to use DAS! Out of all of my kids, he was actually the best behaved the entire trip. I don't think he even had any meltdowns, only 2-3 near meltdowns but we were able to calm him down before he went over the edge. And one night I kept him and my daughter out late to see Wishes, and while we were walking down main street he told me "This was the best day of my life". Coming from him, who is always Mr. Negativity and doesn't seem to enjoy anything, this seriously made me cry (and still makes me want to cry when I remember it).

That brought tears to my eyes! So glad it went well! Lucky guy to have such a good mom!

I made a post back in October on this thread about thinking we'd get a DAS on our next trip and after this weekend it is definitely going to be a must. We went to a wedding and wow I realized how difficult being around people is for him. He really like his headphones though so we will bring those into the park so he can have his own noise to block out the noise. Shopping though is always an issue that I don't have an answer for. If he is really focused on a souvenir I'll get him one but usually his focus is on food and we have that planned in the budget.
Does he like popcorn? You can buy a refillable bucket. It's around $10 for the bucket and then $1.50 I think for a refill.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter