Hi, POR FQ

hargy2

Earning My Ears
Hi, I'm hoping someone can answer a question for me...we're going to Disney May 18-26, and staying @POR FQ...I've been told they have family entertainment on certain nights in the bar/restaurant area....I'd like to know if anyone knows what nights this occurs so we can make reservations to eat elsewhere when there is NO family entertainment @ the hotel? Any help? Thanks, hargye

There is no restaurant at POFQ. There is a food court, and down the hall a bit there is a lounge (bar). We didn't see any entertainment there in Nov. nor did we hear or read about any offered.

Just wondering, are you staying at POFQ (French Quarters) or POR (Port Orleans Riverside)? Regardless, the good news is it doesn't matter much because you can enjoy them both. Since they are sister resorts you can enjoy both pools (10 minute walk or a quick boat ride between resorts). POR has a sit down restaurant, Boatwrights. They serve Breakfast and Dinner and we especially love their breakfasts...Blueprint Omlettes and Sweet Potato Pancakes with Pecan Butter are wonderful! Dinner was pretty good too, although my son didn't care for the catfish. There is live entertainment at the Lounge between Boatwrights and the General Store. Bob Jackson is wonderful and even if you are staying at French Quarter, I'd say it would be worth an evening stroll (if your feet aren't too sore from walking) or a moonlit ferry boat ride over to POR to catch his all ages show. He's tons of fun! At POR they also have boat, bike and surrey bike rentals. There is also a horse drawn carriage. I don't know as much about POFQ because we haven't stayed there, although we did walk over on Easter to meet Minnie in her Easter dress and take a swim in the pool. I hope this is helpful!

WELCOME to the Dis Boards.

You will find everyone very helpful in any questions you might have.

We would love to read any trip reports you have, when you visit WDW or DL
:cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter