Here are the Epcot Resort Area Counter Service Options (BW/YC/BC)

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by TDC Nala, Jun 8, 2010.

1. PatrickBullard

PatrickBullard PatrickBullard

Where Can I find a smoked turkey leg in EPCOT?

2. PatrickBullard

PatrickBullard PatrickBullard

Is there a link of food choices associated with the Flower and Garden celebration?

3. smidgy

smidgy dimples

the leaping horse libations bar at the BW pool refills your mug now. they don't give you a paper cup of soda.
    the boardwalk bakery does have a self serve refill station.. although you have to ask a CM for a tea bag and hot water. sigh... I guess too many were grabbing a bunch of tea bags.
    but, most importantly!!!! while the leaping horse does have a few pre packaged sandwiches, they DO have the biggest jumbo hot dog!!!! foot long and big aroung too! and really good! it comes with a bag of chips! .. hubby and I each ate only half of ours, and nuked the rest in our studio the next day we could have split one!

4. Avatar

Advertisement

5. SRUAlmn

SRUAlmn DIS Veteran

I wondered this too. It really bugged us when we stayed at the Boardwalk and is one of my only concerns about staying at the Beach Club this year. Although Beach Club does have the Marketplace, I've looked at the menu and been there in person and I'm very underwhelmed.

We just switched from the Poly to Beach Club for July and this situation was one of the things that made us almost stay at the Poly (even with all the construction going on!) Hurricane Hannah's looks to have more variety than the Marketplace, but I'm still not convinced that there are enough options. I know people have suggested walking over to Epcot or the Boardwalk or Picabu, but if you're at the pool and all wet and swim suity, the last thing you want to do is have to pick up all your stuff and put clothes over your wet suit and go walk somewhere 'far' to get lunch.

6. Pumbaa_

Pumbaa_ >Hakuna Matata!< Moderator

I agree, I really wish there was a food court there

7. smidgy

smidgy dimples

a while back, after Kouizzna's closed, a bunch of us were suggesting a food court at that location.

8. crazy4wdw

crazy4wdw DIS Veteran Moderator

At the Fife and Drum Tavern, American Adventure

9. Letterhead

Letterhead Mouseketeer

The BWI would be the perfect hotel if it had some sort of a food court or late opening, sit-in counter service. I was disappointed when they opened another table service restaurant, when the area is crying out for a CS.

I love the bakery, it's my favourite CS on site, but it has no indoor seating, and the outside seating feels very exposed to the high footfall.

Mindy5767 and Pumbaa_ like this.
  10. Mazz519

Mazz519 DIS Veteran

They usually have 3 different types of sandwiches (Roast Beef, Turkey and I think Tuna) also have ceasar salads and some sort of soup.... We usually do lunch here on arrival day also when we stay at BCV

11. disneyred

disneyred DIS Veteran

can anyone go to the leaping horse , or do you have to be staying at BWI .. if anyone can go ,how do we get in to buy this famous hotdog !! the kids would love it .

12. newgirlhere

newgirlhere Earning My Ears

Does anyone know if you can do the 3 snacks for 1 QS credit at Ale & Compass breakfast, and if so, would everything there be considered a "snack" (i.e., you could get a piece of fruit, the egg white sandwich, and a yogurt parfait for a QS credit), or would some items be considered an entrée? Thank you.

13. Margaret Albright

Margaret Albright Earning My Ears

14. serene56

serene56 DIS Veteran

Margaret Albright-- this is a VERY old thread-- wonder how much is up to date.

15. Dianekulka

Dianekulka Earning My Ears

This is helpful!!! We are taking our first family vacation there in Dec and since we are booking slightly last minute, most sit down reservations are impossible to make

16. smidgy

smidgy dimples

as of last april (2015) there were no fences around the luna pool(BW) and not wristbands like at storm along bay at beach club. the leaping horse libations IS set in the middle of the pool area, though. as opposed to hurrican hannahs at stormalong bay, which is outside the pool area, more on the pormanade. but there are table around the pool bar (leaping horse). many families use these, though, to set up "camp" while swimming.

I would think no one woul dthink anything of it if you walked in (the entrance is just left of wyland galleries) and went to the bar and ordered hot dogs. now finding a table to sit at while you eat, that's another story.

17. mickeygirl78

mickeygirl78 DIS Veteran

Just stayed at the Yacht Club last week. The Ale & Compass will fill your mugs with soda. This was a nice alternative if you didn't want to walk down to the beach club marketplace and hurricane hannah's wasn't open.

18. Soccer Princess

Soccer Princess DIS Cast Member<br><font color=red>you would never

Good to hear! Do you know what hours they were open to fill mugs?

19. mickeygirl78

mickeygirl78 DIS Veteran

I'm not 100% sure, we had them fill them in the morning a few times and around dinner time. The bar is open well into the evening, so I would assume they would do it then to.

20. pmaurer74

pmaurer74 DIS Veteran

is there anywhere to get Mickey Waffles? This is a must have! :) Staying at Boardwalk for 8 nights. Is the Boardwalk to go on the DDP?

21. serene56

serene56 DIS Veteran