Help....With Wishes

mommic32

Mouseketeer
I am sorry if I am posting this in the wrong place, but I am fairly new at all this planning and my head is spinning..

Can someone tell me if there is a cruise for wishes? I would love to experience the fireworks on the water, but would wonder if you can hear the music? Does anyone know?
Thanks..

Hi, mommic! :earboy2:

There is a cruise for Wishes. I haven't been on it, but I have heard from others that Wishes is really better experienced inside the park, because it's easier to see all the fireworks and hear the music.

All I know is that we LOVE wishes. We saw it 3 times last year, and we also had fireworks exploding over our heads while riding Big Thunder durring an e-ride night.

Maybe someone with experience can help. :)

Welcome to the DIS mommic32! :wave2:

I have heard of the Wishes cruise, but don't know much about it, sorry. I would love to hear more about it!

But I am going to chime in GarrettJD, my opinion is the best place to watch it is from Main Street! I think they were designed for that view to be the best.

Have fun planning! :cheer2:

In the sticky at top for illuminations cruises there is an illuminations May thread for example You can post there to join someone else's cruise for wishes or rent a boat yourself and recruit others to fill the boat and split the cost.
When i called to reserve an illuminations cruise for May they only had wishes cruise still available. The wishes boat can be picked up at contemporary marina, wilderness lodge,or polynesian. They may have given me one other choice for pickup.
It was the same price 140.80 plus tax and gratuity to Captain.

We did a WISHES cruise last December and we loved it so much that we are going to try to do it again this December. You need to call 90 days before your trip to reserve the cruise. While I've seen WISHES multiple times within the park, seeing it on the pontoon boat was a whole new experience and really very neat! As an extra bonus, you don't have to fight the crowds leaving the park either!

As far as hearing the music, we were lucky on that one. On the pontoon boat, the music is not "piped in" and you can hear it a little bit from the park. We ended up hearing it perfectly though b/c we were parked next to a Magical Gathering boat and they did have the music piped aboard their boat.

All in all, I'm so glad that we tried the cruise b/c it was such a special memory for my family.

Good luck to you and have a great trip!

Thank you all for the great information....... Since this is our first trip I may just watch it from the park and save the $$$. I am looking forward to Wishes regardless as to where I watch it...Thanks once again.........

llij, iI am so glad I read your post, I managed to get a wishes cruise yesterday for may, although i really wanted illuminations, there will be 10 on our boat, all family, mum dad brother an partners and four children, i was not sure if i would keep the booking as we have seen wishes twice before but, after reading your post, it made me think how great it would be with all our family watching it on the one boat, thanks, can't wait now!

:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

slinky101 said:
llij, iI am so glad I read your post, I managed to get a wishes cruise yesterday for may, although i really wanted illuminations, there will be 10 on our boat, all family, mum dad brother an partners and four children, i was not sure if i would keep the booking as we have seen wishes twice before but, after reading your post, it made me think how great it would be with all our family watching it on the one boat, thanks, can't wait now!

:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

Thanks, Slinky! The cruise was definitely a highlight of our trip! Enjoy your cruise!

:wave:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter