Help-tips on newborn kitten care!

Simba's Mom

<font color=green>everything went to "H*** in a ha
DH found the kitten in the bushes at work. And it is VERY young-barely a few days old. Right now he's feeding him (I think him) baby formula from an eye dropper. Tomorrow I'll take it to the vet to get it checked out. Help-any tips? I don't think I've ever seen a kitten this young, let alone tried to care for it. If it's a week old, I'd be surprised. We couldn't very well leave it for the wolves and coyotes around here.

God bless you for taking care of the kitten.

It has about a 50/50 chance of making it.
Make sure you use a kitten formula for food.

Also, wet a cotton ball or piece of gauze with warm water and rub it on it's behind. That will stimulate the kitten to go to the bathroom. (kinda like mom kitty cleaning it).

Lisajl

Most of the pet stores sell small bottles with nipples for this purpose. We found two baby kittens like this many years ago and the eye dropper was just too hard to do so we went to the "baby bottle" That way they can get that sucking motion going better.

my mom had a recipe for make it yourself kitten formula. I can't remember all of the ingrediants, but it had corn syrup and infant vitamin drops in it. Maybe just that and cows milk. The powdered kitten formula can be expensive, so ask the vet if they have a similar recipe. Also as stated before, wipe the rear. Kittens may not go otherwise. It's a survival instinct. Mother cats actually eat it so predators can't smell it. Even house cats.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter