Help save Tower of Terror.

I think it's more complex than total rights. ....

Yes, totally agreed. And it sounds as though Disney is not pushing the envelope in Fl regarding potential weak spots in the Universal contract (which overall actually appears pretty ironclad in several key aspects.)

My layman's guess is that Disney will wait and see what the return on investment is on Marvel in CA before pushing said envelope. While trying to work it out with Universal, even if that means buying off some of the contract limitations. If that fails and Marvel DCA is the cash cow they intend, at some point the courts will be brought in to decide.

I don't think this has to do with the DCA version being "inferior". I think they'd be doing the exact same thing at DHS right now if there wasn't so little to do in that park already. I think even Disney realizes they can't close another ride there and expect people to keep going.
Well just want to point out, inferior is my personal opinion. Also no, they are not changing TOT at WDW.

Well just want to point out, inferior is my personal opinion. Also no, they are not changing TOT at WDW.

I definitely agree that the DCA version of ToT is the not as good, but it sounds better when I say the WDW version is the better version. And yes, you can still have opinions on this board.

I definitely agree that the DCA version of ToT is the not as good, but it sounds better when I say the WDW version is the better version. And yes, you can still have opinions on this board.

No one ever said you can't have opinions. What people lambaste you over, and you can't seem to get is you state your own opinions as actual facts to everyone else. I believe Guardians of the Galaxy is not a popular movie franchise is completely different then Guardians of the Galaxy is not a popular franchise and will be forgotten in 8-10 years. Very big difference.

Signed. Here's hoping. Though I highly doubt it will have any effect at all. I'm sure Disney is well aware of how this change is being perceived by their die-hard fans and is just banking on the fact that we'll all forget about how much we loved ToT if they are able to pull off a really fun new attraction.

So, here's hoping for a really fun new attraction in the absence of Disney's acquiescence.

Hmmm. I remember a few of us getting skewered on another post because our opinion of saving the TZToT "didn't represent anyone else". But according to this petition, there's over 30K people who agree - Twilight Zone Tower of Terror should stay.

You're twisting that a bit. You were basically saying that Guardians was a bad movie, so why would Disney do this, etc. and I (and others) were pointing out that it was very well received, well reviewed, and made plenty of money at the box office. You were presenting your opinion as fact. If you were "skewered" for anything, it was for that.

As someone who has always claimed POTC as my favorite ride until I experienced TOT 2 years ago, learning that they are removing my NEW favorite ride makes me sad and angry. No way will I be happy with an attraction featuring more cute sci-fi animals from outer space.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter