Help Need confirmation of something!

tigger813

DIS Veteran
Posted this on transportation board too...just really need to reduce my stress over this situation ASAP!

We are going on PCC3.0!!!!! YEAH!

We had an issue arise that may or may not end up being a major issue! :scared1: Just found out that uur daughters' recital is the day before the cruise so we may not be able to fly down until that night instead of 2-3 days before! :scared1: It's usually the week before but is now REALLY late! Stressing seriously this afternoon! Recital would be at noon and is usually about 3 hours long so we would probably have to take a 7 or 8pm flight from Boston!

A couple of quick questions ( I hope these make sense):

I know we can use ME to get from the airport to our DVC resort. Our flight may not get in until almost midnight depending on what time we can leave BOS.

1)Would we have to get our luggage at MCO due to our late arrival so we know we have it before the cruise the next day?
OR
2)Can we have our luggage transferred to the port from MCO that night instead of bringing it with us to our DVC resort? We will have our change of clothes and paperwork in our carry ons.(I read something about that in the PP book).
AND
3)Because we booked through DU, will we have to pay the $70 pp/rt transfer rate to use the DCL shuttle? It's confusing in the book so I'm just asking for clarification!

Thanks for your assistance!

Posted this on transportation board too...just really need to reduce my stress over this situation ASAP!

We are going on PCC3.0!!!!! YEAH!

We had an issue arise that may or may not end up being a major issue! :scared1: Just found out that uur daughters' recital is the day before the cruise so we may not be able to fly down until that night instead of 2-3 days before! :scared1: It's usually the week before but is now REALLY late! Stressing seriously this afternoon! Recital would be at noon and is usually about 3 hours long so we would probably have to take a 7 or 8pm flight from Boston!

A couple of quick questions ( I hope these make sense):

I know we can use ME to get from the airport to our DVC resort. Our flight may not get in until almost midnight depending on what time we can leave BOS.

1)Would we have to get our luggage at MCO due to our late arrival so we know we have it before the cruise the next day?
OR
2)Can we have our luggage transferred to the port from MCO that night instead of bringing it with us to our DVC resort? We will have our change of clothes and paperwork in our carry ons.(I read something about that in the PP book).
AND
3)Because we booked through DU, will we have to pay the $70 pp/rt transfer rate to use the DCL shuttle? It's confusing in the book so I'm just asking for clarification!

1. If you want your luggage you will have to get it yourself, as it would be after 10pm.

2. I think this could be done, I would send an email to Tracey and ask her.

3. In the past, DU has secured buses to take people to the port, and it was cheaper than using DCL buses. But, you have to meet up where they buses are...last time it was at the Swan...or the Dolphin, can't remember now....If DU does this again, it won't be announced until next year sometime.
But yes, you have to pay for transer either way you go.

Hope this helps.

Good luck, Tigger813. Don't know the answers to any of your questions since it will be our first cruise, but I know Chervina is quite knowledgable.
I have a question for you tho... What "book" are you referring to in number 3 of your question?
Thanks,
Gretchen

Good luck, Tigger813. Don't know the answers to any of your questions since it will be our first cruise, but I know Chervina is quite knowledgable.
I have a question for you tho... What "book" are you referring to in number 3 of your question?
Thanks,
Gretchen

Sorry, I'm referring to the newest Passporter Disney Cruise Line book. It's got a lot of great info in it!

I am going to answer in a way that's totally not at all answering what you asked, but it's food for thought.

If it was me in your situation - I'd get a room at the airport hotel with that late arrival, gather your bags, go to sleep much sooner than you can by going to a resort and then find a way to the port the next morning. You'd save time, your points, and headaches the night of arrival (not to mention a little closer to the port first thing in the morning).

And if it were me - I'd rent a one way car - WAY cheaper to rent at airport drop off in Port Canaveral and take the care rental shuttle to the port.
The Disney shuttles are notoriously expensive. A bit more convenient in they handle luggage, but you pay a tidy sum in comparison to other options.

I am going to answer in a way that's totally not at all answering what you asked, but it's food for thought.

If it was me in your situation - I'd get a room at the airport hotel with that late arrival, gather your bags, go to sleep much sooner than you can by going to a resort and then find a way to the port the next morning. You'd save time, your points, and headaches the night of arrival (not to mention a little closer to the port first thing in the morning).

And if it were me - I'd rent a one way car - WAY cheaper to rent at airport drop off in Port Canaveral and take the care rental shuttle to the port.
The Disney shuttles are notoriously expensive. A bit more convenient in they handle luggage, but you pay a tidy sum in comparison to other options.

Hmmmm? That's a nice possibility that we will have to look into. Hadn't even thought of that. I'll forward this onto our friends that we are going with who are in the same "boat" as us!

Thanks for your input!

TTFN: :tigger:

I just want to echo Euphscott's suggestion to rent a car - definitely do this!! I have cruised with Disney 4 times now and have always rented a car. It is (relatively) inexpensive and very flexible. One time we had 10 of us for a 7 day cruise - we rented a 14 passenger van for the approximate cost of what it would have been for ONE of us to take the Disney transfer. There are about $5 in tolls to the port, but it's a straight, easy drive.

I just want to echo Euphscott's suggestion to rent a car - definitely do this!! I have cruised with Disney 4 times now and have always rented a car. It is (relatively) inexpensive and very flexible. One time we had 10 of us for a 7 day cruise - we rented a 14 passenger van for the approximate cost of what it would have been for ONE of us to take the Disney transfer. There are about $5 in tolls to the port, but it's a straight, easy drive.

Thanks, Kristen! That's another consideration. We are going with another family from Littleton so we will be sharing all these tips with them and see what works best for the 8 of us!

Another vote for staying in the MCO Hyatt. :thumbsup2

We flew into MCO the night before our first Disney Cruise.
It was so easy to stay in the Hyatt the night before the cruise.
They have a Disney bus to transfer you to Port right from outside the hotel. You just put the tags on your luggage and leave them in your room. They handle your bags and you'll see them outside your stateroom once you are on the ship.

The Disney buses to Port start around 10am I believe. We had a nice buffet breakfast in the Hyatt restaurant that morning with a bunch of other cruisers and then were on our way- rested and not lugging all our bags!

(Oh- and we will be doing this same thing for PCC3.0!!)

I think it's a much less stressful plan than trying to get to Disney Property so late at night. :cool1:

They have a Disney bus to transfer you to Port right from outside the hotel. You just put the tags on your luggage and leave them in your room. They handle your bags and you'll see them outside your stateroom once you are on the ship.

The Disney buses to Port start around 10am I believe. We had a nice buffet breakfast in the Hyatt restaurant that morning with a bunch of other cruisers and then were on our way- rested and not lugging all our bags!

I think it's a much less stressful plan than trying to get to Disney Property so late at night. :cool1:

What's the cost for the bus transfer to Port? We are trying to figure out all of our expenses for the trip! Costs keep adding up!

Thanks!

Hi Disney Scout,

Just have a couple questions about the Disney bus & the transfer to the port:

Was this a "real" Disney ground transfer? The DCL bus costs $35/pp 1 way. Is this the one you're referring to?

Or is this a shuttle the Hyatt offers?

And to echo Tigger813's question, do you remember the approximate price?

I'm asking because we are a group of 8 - and at $35 X 8, that's $280+ 1-way, or about $600+ round trip. Hoping to find a less expensive way to go...

Thanks!

Hi Disney Scout,

Just have a couple questions about the Disney bus & the transfer to the port:

Was this a "real" Disney ground transfer? The DCL bus costs $35/pp 1 way. Is this the one you're referring to?

Or is this a shuttle the Hyatt offers?

And to echo Tigger813's question, do you remember the approximate price?

I'm asking because we are a group of 8 - and at $35 X 8, that's $280+ 1-way, or about $600+ round trip. Hoping to find a less expensive way to go...

Thanks!
The bus we took was the "official" Disney Cruise Line (Mears) transfer. Yes- it is a tad expensive. We opted to go with Disney for the convenience.
I believe it was $35pp each way.

I do believe it is cheaper to rent a vehicle. And maybe even a town car or van for a large group like yours.
When I brought our Boy Scout Troop to WDW years ago- we did the Town car/van and found it to be very cost effective!

Not knowing how difficult a piece your child is performing I realize this may not work in your situation.

Is there a chance of asking to have your daughter's piece early in the program and leaving early?

Having a private recital for just the family and skipping the main recital? Maybe using a piano on board ship instead?

How early in the process is it, can you let the piano teacher know you have a conflict of dates?

If nothing can be changed, the staying at MCO idea seems to be the best plan combined with the towncar for your group size.
Have a great trip!

Not knowing how difficult a piece your child is performing I realize this may not work in your situation.

Is there a chance of asking to have your daughter's piece early in the program and leaving early?

Having a private recital for just the family and skipping the main recital? Maybe using a piano on board ship instead?

How early in the process is it, can you let the piano teacher know you have a conflict of dates?

If nothing can be changed, the staying at MCO idea seems to be the best plan combined with the towncar for your group size.
Have a great trip!

It's a DANCE recital with about 30 acts! The teacher said she will put the girls in the show as early as possible. If the show is running late we have permission to leave as soon as the girls perform and leave before the finale! Ash will be in two dances and Izzie will be in one dance. Ash's BFF and family are also going and involved in the recital. We should know about flights tomorrow when the tickets go on sale for the dates we need.

How did you make out with your Jet Blue tix, Tracey?
I'm still waiting for SWA to extend their schedule...

According to the SWA site, they will extend their schedule next Sunday. We are going to wait to see what they have to offer. Jet Blue was $134 each way. THere is a 9:30 flight on Saturday night that we are looking at.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter